Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanyan02 View Post
Hi Dream's Cancun brides- I am currently working with Jill to book our wedding at Dreams Cancun on May 9th of 2011!! I have been engaged since last May and we will be getting married exactly 2 years from the day he proposed :) I have been lurking on these boards for awhile and I'm excited we finally have committed to location! I think I was starting to drive myself crazy with all the options!
Yay, another MN bride getting married at Dreams Cancun! Jill's great, we're working with her as well. Good luck with all of your planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaface View Post
I just got married at Dreams last month and everything went very smoothly even though I didn't make any final decisions until a few days before the actual wedding. We made up our own playlist the night before we left for Cancun and we ended up having plenty of songs left over. Just be sure to have the important ones on a separate playlist (processional, march, recessional, first dance, etc) so it's easy for the technician to locate. For the reception, he just let the playlist go but you can request to change the order of the playlist. He was very good. The only difference I can see in having just the sound system vs a DJ is that you would need to find someone to MC the evening. You can also get a light up dance floor without a DJ, but it does cost extra. Though I didn't end up having my reception on the beach (due to weather), the sound system was definitely loud enough. Good luck! Let me know if you need anything else.
I'm so sorry that you didn't have the beach reception. I bet everything was still awesome. Did they let you get away with the gazebo ceremony at least, or did you have somewhere else orignally planned (i.e. pool, terrace, beach)

YAY! Claudia finally answered my request; my first official correspondence with her!!!! I know it may sound so silly, but even the little milestones (actually this is one of my first) make life happy. And I've had a crappy week. My job that is stressful enough just lost a receptionist after the holidays; her replacement lasted two weeks and quit via text msg that Sun night (our week starts monday), and her replacement no-showed after 1 day (technically 2 but she called off the first). That same day (which btw was yesterday) our other receptionist walked out!!! And today I ended up in a ditch! Sorry for the vent... back to Claudia. She wants to know if I want legal or religious. I really want religious and I guess I originally thought that could be legal too (with the right papers). So... do I just go with the legal so it's all done with, or do I go with religious and do all the paperwork here? Has anyone done that, and if so is it pretty easy? Another question.. has anyone gotten married Catholic at home and if so did they do it before or after Cancun? Afterwords would be a convalidation (or maybe not since it isn't legal) Sorry for all the questions... I'm such a newb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
YAY! Claudia finally answered my request; my first official correspondence with her!!!! I know it may sound so silly, but even the little milestones (actually this is one of my first) make life happy. And I've had a crappy week. My job that is stressful enough just lost a receptionist after the holidays; her replacement lasted two weeks and quit via text msg that Sun night (our week starts monday), and her replacement no-showed after 1 day (technically 2 but she called off the first). That same day (which btw was yesterday) our other receptionist walked out!!! And today I ended up in a ditch! Sorry for the vent... back to Claudia. She wants to know if I want legal or religious. I really want religious and I guess I originally thought that could be legal too (with the right papers). So... do I just go with the legal so it's all done with, or do I go with religious and do all the paperwork here? Has anyone done that, and if so is it pretty easy? Another question.. has anyone gotten married Catholic at home and if so did they do it before or after Cancun? Afterwords would be a convalidation (or maybe not since it isn't legal) Sorry for all the questions... I'm such a newb!
first YAY for the confirmation!!!! it is exciting to hear from them since they take so long to reply, lol. second..sorry about your job stress, i feel you!! third, we are getting married here first b/c we dont want to deal with the translation of documents, blood tests, and being there the requiered amount of time before hand (i think its 3 or 4 days at Dreams). I'm not sure about the Catholic requierements though (i think you'd have to get married here first although the wedding in Cancun would be symbolic so the Church wouldn't recognize it anyway, but it might be weird to have your "real" ceremony there and come back and do a catholic one here?). there is a thread on here about getting married in the state first and then doing a symbolic ceremony in MX, lots of different opinions on that one. so its really up to you. like i said before our main concern was the documents and the time requierement (especially since we want to stay a week after for the HM and we're on a tight buget)!

good luck and ask away...we all benefit :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB&JC View Post
Im not sure yet either but I kinda like the terrace and it could be decorated all cute! Im worried about the sand/food situation too!! Are you having your wedding on the terrace or on the beach?
We are getting married with the gazebo. So I'm not sure. I have to look at some more reviews and pictures to try to get a better understanding of what each of the options look like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoml2 View Post
Yay, another MN bride getting married at Dreams Cancun! Jill's great, we're working with her as well. Good luck with all of your planning!
Thank you! It's great to see other brides from MN getting married there. You will have to do a review when you get back, I would love to hear all about your experience and suggestions :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina24 View Post
first YAY for the confirmation!!!! it is exciting to hear from them since they take so long to reply, lol. second..sorry about your job stress, i feel you!! third, we are getting married here first b/c we dont want to deal with the translation of documents, blood tests, and being there the requiered amount of time before hand (i think its 3 or 4 days at Dreams). I'm not sure about the Catholic requierements though (i think you'd have to get married here first although the wedding in Cancun would be symbolic so the Church wouldn't recognize it anyway, but it might be weird to have your "real" ceremony there and come back and do a catholic one here?). there is a thread on here about getting married in the state first and then doing a symbolic ceremony in MX, lots of different opinions on that one. so its really up to you. like i said before our main concern was the documents and the time requierement (especially since we want to stay a week after for the HM and we're on a tight buget)!

good luck and ask away...we all benefit :)
Thank you so much. Well I think we might have a private ceremony in the church after (that way it won't be weird, because it would just be us). I thought about before, but I want to wear my dress to both (I'm sure I'll pay enough to be worth two times, but I don't want to mess it up before the Cancun ceremony with the photography. I'm in the same boat as you, we have a tight budget but want to stay at least a week after. You actually have to be there FIVE days b4 w/ legal. 4 full business days and the day your arrive does not count! Do you know if the day you arrive counts for symbolic? Meaning, do you arrive 2 or 3 days before?