• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

I love the word "piss up" I had to share it with the lady's in my office and now everyone is walking around saying the want to have a piss up this weekend. LOL
    Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#12 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starchild
      As for your question, I've been to Euro Disney & I think that would be super fun! How long is the flight to NY? That may work too.

P.S. What are L plates?
      Not sure poss about 7 hours i think whereas paris is about an hour.

L plates are a white square with a big red L on, you have to put them on your car when you are learning to drive, i think its to annoy people and make them drive right up your backside lol

Its a tradition over here the dress you up to look like a nutter, stick L plates on you, usually a veil with condoms on it!! no i'm not joking and you get off your face, fall over in a gutter and generally feel like shit for days lol

I've refused the dress up but could go for the latter lmao

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lucky k72
      lol. I have no suggestions but I just want to say I want a "piss up"! lol. But NYC is a lot of fun!!!! Great place for a piss up. Can you tell I just like saying piss up? lol
      God what have I started lmao here's another one for you "going on the lash" means the same thing lol

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lucky k72
      I have no idea if it would be a viable option, but I bet Amsterdam would be a fun place to party.
      Yeah its great lost a weekend of my life there last year lol just fancied somewhere different.

#13 DreaW

DreaW
      • Banned
      • 2,462 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

i love different lang. and accents...sorry had to add this in....when I first opened this thread i was like (what in the heck is a hen do?) Thanks for explaining. and You'll have fun in whatever you do:)

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:16 PM

well the euro is much stronger than the dollar now so a quick weekend to NYC might be a great idea!!!

#15 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sgrimm1
            I think I might be confused what is a hen do?
            That's hilarious! I was wondering this myself.

#16 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Hartyt509

L plates are a white square with a big red L on, you have to put them on your car when you are learning to drive, i think its to annoy people and make them drive right up your backside lol

Its a tradition over here the dress you up to look like a nutter, stick L plates on you, usually a veil with condoms on it!! no i'm not joking and you get off your face, fall over in a gutter and generally feel like shit for days lol

Interesting!! I wish we had L plates here so I knew who to avoid on the road...lol I also like "going on the lash" haha.

I say Paris/Euro Disney but as an American that seems cool & different, as a European NY probably seems cool & different to you. I wish I were an hour from Paris

#17 marip123

marip123
              • 211 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

I think New York would work great because you gain hours of time flying over this way.
                Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#18 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hartyt509

[COLOR="Red"]We have those in Japan - I dont know what the official term is for them. There no letter - its I think its green and orange oval shaped that we put on our car for the first 1 or 2 years of driving. Then the really old people - and they get REALLY old here in Japan before they die - put an orange and yellow plate on their car. Me? I just have lots of dents and scratches on mine and everyone stays away!

YES SHE IS SERIOUS! I am in the UK every summer and when we go out to discos we see this--most have a silly theme - but its so culturally different. This summer 3 of my friends are engaged and we will be having a Hen and Stag Party. One of my friends are in the process of planning it. She says we all have to wear Pink! I dont know what thats about. But I am sure us American girls might bring shame to the Hen Do!

God what have I started lmao here's another one for you "going on the lash" means the same thing lol
                  going on the lash? thats a new one too!

Yeah its great lost a weekend of my life there last year lol just fancied somewhere different.[/QUOTE]
                  NYC sounds cool! You can always come to Japan!

#19 amyrak

amyrak
                  • 469 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

Wow reading this gave me a really good laugh. I love british accents. When I saw the title Hen do I knew what it was but that's funny. Didn't know about the whole L-Plates...love learning about traditions in other countries.

#20 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
                    • 2,262 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:40 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BarefootBride
                      [COLOR="Red"]We have those in Japan - I dont know what the official term is for them. There no letter - its I think its green and orange oval shaped that we put on our car for the first 1 or 2 years of driving.
                      Yeah they have green ones for when you first pass, I passed my test way before they came in thank god lol its bad enough having red ones but green ones i think they aim for you to take you out lol

Now Japan I'd love to do, I am martial arts addict lol, its just too far from the UK for a weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users