Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

The ceremony took approximately 30 minutes. It wasn't very long, and this is also after we had an extra 5 minutes or so of my sister in law doing a quick reading for us. The new website is difficult to upload photos, but I was able to find this one of us during the ceremony at the gazebo in Tulum.

1453443_10153490521900529_1631703820_n.j

Hi could you tell me how much it was to hire the red carpet for the gazebo?

Hi could you tell me how much it was to hire the red carpet for the gazebo?

The red carpet was a free option, if you wanted it. I would just confirm with the WC before you request for it though, just because each WC seems to be telling their brides different things sometimes. 

The red carpet was a free option, if you wanted it. I would just confirm with the WC before you request for it though, just because each WC seems to be telling their brides different things sometimes.

Thanks for the info and pic. :)

I tried to post this the other night but I'm having a lot of trouble navigating this new website! Did anyone get any prescription medication for before the trip, ie - dukoral (sp?) or twinrex? Normally I wouldn't even worry about it but since it's my wedding I want to take all precautions! lol

Does anyone know if the resort uses filtered water to wash produce and to make ice for the drinks?  

Thank you for the info, your photos are lovely!

I believe on their website it says they have purified water, but I wouldn't know for sure.  I do know that although I DO NOT use the faucet water for anything that goes in my mouth, all I drink at the resort is water and fruit drinks (no alcohol) and I've never gotten sick.  I trust it.

I believe on their website it says they have purified water, but I wouldn't know for sure.  I do know that although I DO NOT use the faucet water for anything that goes in my mouth, all I drink at the resort is water and fruit drinks (no alcohol) and I've never gotten sick.  I trust it.

It is definitely safe to drink the water/use ice cubes in all restaurants/bars at the Bahia. They provide bottled water for use in your rooms. As Trish mentions, do not use the faucet water in either your room or in the public washrooms for anything but showering/washing your hands. I have never gotten sick in the 14 times I've been there over the last 8 years...like Trisha, I trust their water implicitly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Dinner? Going through the menu and don't know what to chose... We're staying at the Coba....

I'm not married yet but we've been to the Coba twice, going for a 3rd time next month and we love Don Pablo's, not sure if that's an option for you if you are staying at Coba for a wedding meal but I would look into it. The food is superb there, we try to eat there twice every trip and are never disappointed, plus the location is right by the ocean at the Tulum resort.

I have to say ladies, you guys are offering alot of solid advice and help. I've been a lurker on here for a few years and now am starting to "plan" - I know an engagement is coming this year and we both want to get married at Bahia, just waiting on the proposal. I'm not one to count chickens before they hatch however we have been dating 8 years and 3 months, I'm allowed to start planning a bit in my opinion LOL!!

• Like 1