I am getting married (legally) at the GBP Riviera Maya on December 19, 2013. So far I have made arrangements with my wedding coordinator Maria to have the ceremony under the tulum gazebo at 4:00pm, then photos on the beach dinner at the Porto Fino (semi-private) then party at the Coba Jaccuzi bar (poolside) from 8-11:00 pm.
I just found out that because my mom's maiden name is my middle name (not last - that one is the same as my fathers), this has created enough confusion for the judge that I have to get my long form birth certificate translated (by a certified translator) and legalized in Canada. (Annoying and expensive, a few hundred dollars at least).
The one good thing is I confirmed that the package costs (which are dated valid until November 2013) are still be honoured to us because we are traveling in December but have been planning for some time.
I have so many questions for other brides out there, especially those who have already been married.
1. We are staying for two weeks, does anyone know how many a-la-carte restaurant meals we get included?
2. Did anyone have issues with getting the complimentary upgrade for bride and groom to the Royal Golden Section Junior Suites, instead of regular Junior Suites?
3. How much did people tip? Wedding coordinator, restaurant staff, band? Anyone else?
4. Any recommendations when dealing with money. I normally just bring down a few hundred dollars shopping money and for tips. Because we have to pay the blood test in cash to the doctor, the wedding fees to the hotel (in American currency), the photography fees to Arecife (in Mexican currency), outtings.
5. Flowers, doesn't seem like there are a whole lot invovled in decorations, did anyone request more around the gazebo and how did that work?
6. Other wedding package "perks" the romantic jaccuzi for wedding couple, gift baskets, private dinner that is arranged in advance, how did all this turn out?
7. Has anyone used Arrecife Photographers and how are they? Is there anyone you didn't like? Their packages seems expensive, so we just signed up for the basic + basic video but I'm a little disappointed this doesn't cover the first dance etc.
8. Did anyone do the reception at the Coba Poolside area, how was it? What is the dance area like? Is it just cement?
9. How is the wedding music the hotel provides for walking down the isle?
10. did you have a rehearsal dinner?If not how do you know what do do?
11. Does the ceremony have to happen in spanish to be legal and how do you add in your own vows?
Oh my, my head is spinning.