Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Thanks! I will right now 
They said that they would send me the price list-if I get it I will post it :)
Good morning, Here all our photography/videography princing list: We provide extra services making photos/video: - At the room (while the bride and/or groom gets ready before the ceremony) - At the ceremony - At the beach - Trash the Dress - At the gardens and - At your reception PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICE Complete Packages: GOLDEN PACKAGE * Full coverage 8 hours : - Room (preparation of bride & groom) - Ceremony - Beach Session - Trash the dress - Garden Session - Reception * All your wedding pictures in High Resolution all edited on DVD (02 copies) and licensed for free use. * A Slideshow on DVD with titles and background music of your choice. * A set of printed pictures 30 (6 x 8) and 05 (12 x 18) * Guest´ Thank you photo 30 ( size 6 x 8) * A 15 page 25x30 Italian photo album with 50-60 images. * 01 hour engagement shoot (50 pictures all edited) (pre or post wedding day in different location) * A PDF File with all your pictures pictures. USD 3,500 DIAMOND PACKAGE * Around 6 Hours Coverage : o Room (preparation of bride & groom) o Ceremony o Beach Session o Trash the dress o Garden Session o Reception * 02 copies of the DVD with 250 pictures in High Resolution all edited and licensed for free use. * A Slideshow of your best 100 pictures on DVD with titles and background music of your choice. * Guest´ Thank you photo 30 ( size 6 x 8) * A set of printed pictures 30 (6 x 8) and 5 (12 x 18) * A 15 page 12x24 Italian photo album with 30-40 images. * A PDF File with 250 pictures. USD 2,500 AMBAR PACKAGE * Around 5 Hours Coverage : - Room (preparation of bride & groom) - Ceremony - Beach Session - Trash the dress - Garden Session - Reception * 02 copies of the CD with 200 pictures in High Resolution all edited and licensed for free use. * A Slideshow of your best 100 pictures on DVD with titles and background music of your choice. * A set of printed pictures 20 (6 x 8) and 3 (12 x 18) * A PDF File with the 200 pictures. USD 2,000 Standard Packages: • Big : USD 1,500.00 - 150 pictures in a CD or print (cover room - ceremony - beach - garden and reception) - Set of printed: 10 prints (8x10) + 01 print (12x18) - A slideshow of your best 100 pictures with titles and background music of your choice. • Medium : USD 1,100.00 - 100 pictures in a CD or print (cover room, ceremony, beach, garden) - 02 prints (8 x 10) • Small : USD 840.00 - 70 pictures in a CD or print (ceremony, beach and garden) EXTRA TTD (TRASH THE DRESS SESSION) - 25 pictures : US$ 300.00 * After you select one of those standard packages. VIDEO SERVICE Classical Order of Wedding Event: 1.- Getting Ready (Room) - approx. 1 hr 4.- Cocktail - approx. 1 hr 2.- Ceremony - approx. 20min - 1 hr 5.- Reception (Speeches + Dances + Cake) - approx. 3 hours 3.- Photo Session - approx. 2 hr 6.- Trash the dress session (days after the wedding) - approx. 1 hr SMALL.- Video Coverage up to 2 hours, incl. edited DVD (printed Box + DVD) with approx. 15 mins: US$ 500.00 MEDIUM.- Video Coverage up to 4 hours, incl. edited DVD (printed Box + DVD) with approx. 25 mins: US$ 700.00 BIG.- Video Coverage up to 6 hours, incl. edited DVD (printed Box +DVD) with approx. 45 mins: US$ 900.00 Extras: Highlight Trailer: (Best Scenes in composition with speeches + Weddingsong + Live content) Additional to MEDIUM package (US$ 700.00) + US$ 300 = US$ 1,000.00 Additonal to BIG package (US$ 900.00) + US$ 400 = US$ 1,300.00 * Extra hour US$ 250.00 * The pricing list that we send is for you to see all the items that we have to offer, and for you to start thinking about all the possible combinations that you can make. Taking into account that sometimes our clients want to set their own packages, Arrecife gives you the choice, together with our photographers to customize your package at your preference; changing the amounts of pictures, the items or the prices according to your needs and preferences. However, there are so many combinations you can choose to have with the different items that sometimes are better to discuss that during the meeting at the Photo-Wedding Office, previous to your special day. You can also come to the meeting and tell us that you come with a specific budget and ask what we can offer. Our web page: http://www.arrecifestudio.com/ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ArrecifeStudioBahiaPrincipeDo If you need any further information please donâ€t hesitate to contact me! I´m here to help you! My e-mail: arrecifebodas@gmail.com, and my phone number is: 829-715-7163. Government sales tax is not included if you pay by Credit Card (Visa and Master Card). A tax of 18% tax applies in the Dominican Republic. Payments in RD$ (1 dollar = 42 pesos) ** We recommend paying in Cash * If the Bride & Groom would like to use an outside photographer, a fee of $500 USD will apply. Kindest regards, -- Angela Gavilán Photo Weddings & Groups Coordinator Arrecife Studio

Originally Posted by MrsMoorsy View Post

I swear I had them but I'm going to ask my planner again for it..I just remember seeing the prices and my jaw dropped with how expensive they are..you can go on there website Arrecife website to see the photos but there's no prices:( I will send it as soon as I get it!!

Ladies

Yes Arrecife are the photographers at the Bahia hotels - all the links to them are below

Depending on the package you have booked depends on the number of photos you get - you receive your photos on a disc along with a copy write disclaimer letter so you can do what you want with them - copy onto disc for others, get them printed in any style and size you wish.  We had the Unforgettable package it included 15 photos and we booked other photo packages and DVD if you wish  - its your choice which package you book, I have attached the brochure we received in April 2013.    We booked the package with 50 photos also the package with 15 photos at the Hacienda (Thursday night is Mexican Fiesta party night at the Hacienda so you need to be there before 5pm as they are setting up the tables, chairs, games etc)  We ended up with 190 edited photos from which we had to select 65 from the 65 extra we booked above the 15 in Unforgettable package. 

Yes costly but money very well spent and at the end of the day thatâ€s your memories - compared to wedding photography prices at home a bargain for what we received

When we had our pre wedding it was only then we decided to get a DVD, we opted for the wedding highlights version so its 25 minutes long and well worth the money and thinking back cannot believe we were not going to have one   NOTE the photos you receive in your package are only of the wedding ceremony.

We were married on 20 June this year at Tulum Gazebo  - 21 of us travelled from Aberdeen, Scotland  and it was AMAZING.  Having holidayed at the Bahia in Mexico twice before and loved it and the people hence the reason we chose to have our wedding their – I am sure you will love it too.   On all 3 occasions we have been we stayed at Akumal.  Closer to the nice beach area yet close enough to snack bar, toilets etc  In saying that its doesn't matter where you stay as you can use all facilities in Akumal, Coba or Tulum.  Coba is inland and surrounded by vegetation = more mosquitos :(

I must say that where you stay is where you are supposed to get married we should have been married at Akumal beach location however for us it was not what we wanted - no privacy and you have people lurking around in the background in their bikini's, trunks etc. and for photos it would be a nightmare as so many sun loungers about too.

We chose Tulum Gazebo as its secluded and no-one really sees you - until you then go to the beach for photos - this beach area is much quieter too.  We had to wait and see if the brides staying at Tulum were wanting married there as that's there area - lucky for us there was only 1 bride that wanted married at the Gazebo on our date and she wanted 1pm so it worked out fine with our wedding at 4pm  we then had our meal at 630pm in Don Pablo Restaurant.

To begin with we were concerned we didn't get a reply from WC  as fast as we would have liked but that's the nature of the business and they deal with weddings in date order - in exactly the same way as Arrecife photographers.   They can have up to 4 weddings a day at each wedding location around the hotel so you can understand how busy they are .  

As our date got closer we were in touch with WC and Arrecife more often confirming all details - We provided a schedule of all the photos we wanted taken.  

After reading so much about Arrecife we went with our gut instinct (just because someone else says they didn't like a film or restaurant does that mean you will be the same) and have to say had no issues with them and love all our photos and DVD  

NOTE - I believe this below details applies to all hotels

You cannot employ any local photographer to come into the Bahia Principe Hotel to take your wedding photos as they do not allow it

If you take a photographer from home, you have to pay for them to stay at the hotel as a guest for X amount of nights.  Would work out costly - cost of stay for them as well as cost of wedding photography package you book from them etc etc

Anyone used Arrecife Photography at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum/Akumal/Coba

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/63142/anyone-used-arrecife-photography-at-gran-bahia-principe-tulum-akumal-coba

Arrecife Studio Mexico, WEG

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/arrecife-studio-mexico-weg

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/63142/anyone-used-arrecife-photography-at-gran-bahia-principe-tulum-akumal-coba

This is their website address http://www.arrecifestudio.com 

If you are on Facebook look up Arrecife as they have a page, it has photos, videos and feedback from brides and guests that had photo sessions at the hotel.

Hope this helps you a bit. Kirstin :)

CATALOG ARRECIFE PHOTOGRAPHY COSTS April 2013.pdf

Thanks for the great information, the attachment with the prices doesn't seem to work - is there a link we can try or could you paste the prices??

I have stayed at the Bahia Tulum and LOVED it, we are still scouting locations for our wedding though (EITHER May 2014 or October 2014)

Originally Posted by claruickie View Post

Ladies

Yes Arrecife are the photographers at the Bahia hotels - all the links to them are below

Depending on the package you have booked depends on the number of photos you get - you receive your photos on a disc along with a copy write disclaimer letter so you can do what you want with them - copy onto disc for others, get them printed in any style and size you wish.  We had the Unforgettable package it included 15 photos and we booked other photo packages and DVD if you wish  - its your choice which package you book, I have attached the brochure we received in April 2013.    We booked the package with 50 photos also the package with 15 photos at the Hacienda (Thursday night is Mexican Fiesta party night at the Hacienda so you need to be there before 5pm as they are setting up the tables, chairs, games etc)  We ended up with 190 edited photos from which we had to select 65 from the 65 extra we booked above the 15 in Unforgettable package. 

Yes costly but money very well spent and at the end of the day thatâ€s your memories - compared to wedding photography prices at home a bargain for what we received

When we had our pre wedding it was only then we decided to get a DVD, we opted for the wedding highlights version so its 25 minutes long and well worth the money and thinking back cannot believe we were not going to have one   NOTE the photos you receive in your package are only of the wedding ceremony.

We were married on 20 June this year at Tulum Gazebo  - 21 of us travelled from Aberdeen, Scotland  and it was AMAZING.  Having holidayed at the Bahia in Mexico twice before and loved it and the people hence the reason we chose to have our wedding their – I am sure you will love it too.   On all 3 occasions we have been we stayed at Akumal.  Closer to the nice beach area yet close enough to snack bar, toilets etc  In saying that its doesn't matter where you stay as you can use all facilities in Akumal, Coba or Tulum.  Coba is inland and surrounded by vegetation = more mosquitos :(

I must say that where you stay is where you are supposed to get married we should have been married at Akumal beach location however for us it was not what we wanted - no privacy and you have people lurking around in the background in their bikini's, trunks etc. and for photos it would be a nightmare as so many sun loungers about too.

We chose Tulum Gazebo as its secluded and no-one really sees you - until you then go to the beach for photos - this beach area is much quieter too.  We had to wait and see if the brides staying at Tulum were wanting married there as that's there area - lucky for us there was only 1 bride that wanted married at the Gazebo on our date and she wanted 1pm so it worked out fine with our wedding at 4pm  we then had our meal at 630pm in Don Pablo Restaurant.

To begin with we were concerned we didn't get a reply from WC  as fast as we would have liked but that's the nature of the business and they deal with weddings in date order - in exactly the same way as Arrecife photographers.   They can have up to 4 weddings a day at each wedding location around the hotel so you can understand how busy they are .  

As our date got closer we were in touch with WC and Arrecife more often confirming all details - We provided a schedule of all the photos we wanted taken.  

After reading so much about Arrecife we went with our gut instinct (just because someone else says they didn't like a film or restaurant does that mean you will be the same) and have to say had no issues with them and love all our photos and DVD  

NOTE - I believe this below details applies to all hotels

You cannot employ any local photographer to come into the Bahia Principe Hotel to take your wedding photos as they do not allow it

If you take a photographer from home, you have to pay for them to stay at the hotel as a guest for X amount of nights.  Would work out costly - cost of stay for them as well as cost of wedding photography package you book from them etc etc

If you are on Facebook look up Arrecife as they have a page, it has photos, videos and feedback from brides and guests that had photo sessions at the hotel.

CATALOG ARRECIFE PHOTOGRAPHY COSTS April 2013.pdf

Ladies Yes Arrecife are the photographers at the Bahia hotels - all the links to them are below Depending on the package you have booked depends on the number of photos you get - you receive your photos on a disc along with a copy write disclaimer letter so you can do what you want with them - copy onto disc for others, get them printed in any style and size you wish.  We had the Unforgettable package it included 15 photos and we booked other photo packages and DVD if you wish  - its your choice which package you book, I have attached the brochure we received in April 2013.    We booked the package with 50 photos also the package with 15 photos at the Hacienda (Thursday night is Mexican Fiesta party night at the Hacienda so you need to be there before 5pm as they are setting up the tables, chairs, games etc)  We ended up with 190 edited photos from which we had to select 65 from the 65 extra we booked above the 15 in Unforgettable package.  Yes costly but money very well spent and at the end of the day thatâ€s your memories - compared to wedding photography prices at home a bargain for what we received When we had our pre wedding it was only then we decided to get a DVD, we opted for the wedding highlights version so its 25 minutes long and well worth the money and thinking back cannot believe we were not going to have one   NOTE the photos you receive in your package are only of the wedding ceremony. We were married on 20 June this year at Tulum Gazebo  - 21 of us travelled from Aberdeen, Scotland  and it was AMAZING.  Having holidayed at the Bahia in Mexico twice before and loved it and the people hence the reason we chose to have our wedding their – I am sure you will love it too.   On all 3 occasions we have been we stayed at Akumal.  Closer to the nice beach area yet close enough to snack bar, toilets etc  In saying that its doesn't matter where you stay as you can use all facilities in Akumal, Coba or Tulum.  Coba is inland and surrounded by vegetation = more mosquitos :( I must say that where you stay is where you are supposed to get married we should have been married at Akumal beach location however for us it was not what we wanted - no privacy and you have people lurking around in the background in their bikini's, trunks etc. and for photos it would be a nightmare as so many sun loungers about too. We chose Tulum Gazebo as its secluded and no-one really sees you - until you then go to the beach for photos - this beach area is much quieter too.  We had to wait and see if the brides staying at Tulum were wanting married there as that's there area - lucky for us there was only 1 bride that wanted married at the Gazebo on our date and she wanted 1pm so it worked out fine with our wedding at 4pm  we then had our meal at 630pm in Don Pablo Restaurant. To begin with we were concerned we didn't get a reply from WC  as fast as we would have liked but that's the nature of the business and they deal with weddings in date order - in exactly the same way as Arrecife photographers.   They can have up to 4 weddings a day at each wedding location around the hotel so you can understand how busy they are .   As our date got closer we were in touch with WC and Arrecife more often confirming all details - We provided a schedule of all the photos we wanted taken.   After reading so much about Arrecife we went with our gut instinct (just because someone else says they didn't like a film or restaurant does that mean you will be the same) and have to say had no issues with them and love all our photos and DVD   . NOTE - I believe this below details applies to all hotels You cannot employ any local photographer to come into the Bahia Principe Hotel to take your wedding photos as they do not allow it If you take a photographer from home, you have to pay for them to stay at the hotel as a guest for X amount of nights.  Would work out costly - cost of stay for them as well as cost of wedding photography package you book from them etc etc

post-50360-138462556369_thumb.jpg [/b]    
Thanks for the detailed info. 😊 I'm not able to view your attachment. Can u plz forward me a copy to my email??? Alijuanpa@gmail.com Thanks

Ladies Yes Arrecife are the photographers at the Bahia hotels - all the links to them are below Depending on the package you have booked depends on the number of photos you get - you receive your photos on a disc along with a copy write disclaimer letter so you can do what you want with them - copy onto disc for others, get them printed in any style and size you wish.  We had the Unforgettable package it included 15 photos and we booked other photo packages and DVD if you wish  - its your choice which package you book, I have attached the brochure we received in April 2013.    We booked the package with 50 photos also the package with 15 photos at the Hacienda (Thursday night is Mexican Fiesta party night at the Hacienda so you need to be there before 5pm as they are setting up the tables, chairs, games etc)  We ended up with 190 edited photos from which we had to select 65 from the 65 extra we booked above the 15 in Unforgettable package.  Yes costly but money very well spent and at the end of the day thatâ€s your memories - compared to wedding photography prices at home a bargain for what we received When we had our pre wedding it was only then we decided to get a DVD, we opted for the wedding highlights version so its 25 minutes long and well worth the money and thinking back cannot believe we were not going to have one   NOTE the photos you receive in your package are only of the wedding ceremony. We were married on 20 June this year at Tulum Gazebo  - 21 of us travelled from Aberdeen, Scotland  and it was AMAZING.  Having holidayed at the Bahia in Mexico twice before and loved it and the people hence the reason we chose to have our wedding their – I am sure you will love it too.   On all 3 occasions we have been we stayed at Akumal.  Closer to the nice beach area yet close enough to snack bar, toilets etc  In saying that its doesn't matter where you stay as you can use all facilities in Akumal, Coba or Tulum.  Coba is inland and surrounded by vegetation = more mosquitos :( I must say that where you stay is where you are supposed to get married we should have been married at Akumal beach location however for us it was not what we wanted - no privacy and you have people lurking around in the background in their bikini's, trunks etc. and for photos it would be a nightmare as so many sun loungers about too. We chose Tulum Gazebo as its secluded and no-one really sees you - until you then go to the beach for photos - this beach area is much quieter too.  We had to wait and see if the brides staying at Tulum were wanting married there as that's there area - lucky for us there was only 1 bride that wanted married at the Gazebo on our date and she wanted 1pm so it worked out fine with our wedding at 4pm  we then had our meal at 630pm in Don Pablo Restaurant. To begin with we were concerned we didn't get a reply from WC  as fast as we would have liked but that's the nature of the business and they deal with weddings in date order - in exactly the same way as Arrecife photographers.   They can have up to 4 weddings a day at each wedding location around the hotel so you can understand how busy they are .   As our date got closer we were in touch with WC and Arrecife more often confirming all details - We provided a schedule of all the photos we wanted taken.   After reading so much about Arrecife we went with our gut instinct (just because someone else says they didn't like a film or restaurant does that mean you will be the same) and have to say had no issues with them and love all our photos and DVD   . NOTE - I believe this below details applies to all hotels You cannot employ any local photographer to come into the Bahia Principe Hotel to take your wedding photos as they do not allow it If you take a photographer from home, you have to pay for them to stay at the hotel as a guest for X amount of nights.  Would work out costly - cost of stay for them as well as cost of wedding photography package you book from them etc etc

post-50360-138462556369_thumb.jpg [/b]    

Hi Ladies, 

We are planning on flying down a photographer for the week of May 3-10, 2014 and want to split the cost if anyone is interested. She is WAY cheaper then Arreclife and her pictures are amazing!!

Let me know if your interested:):)

Jessica

I am confused on the prices for the poolside reception? 

Also, we are planning to book our trip this weekend to the Gran Bahia for our wedding.... We plan to book it for August 2014. 

We are thinking of having our wedding on august 1, august 6, or august 8.... However, we are not sure when is the best time to book our during the month of August due to heat and rain.... Is it better that we book it at the early, middle, or end of the month for August 2014? 

Thank you :)

Sincerely, 

Kat