Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#6961 Joanne052013

Joanne052013
  • Newbie
  • 14 posts

    Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

     

    I was wondering, did anyone book audio equipment for their dinner for speeches and to have music during the meal? Also, is anyone planning a grand entrance at the restaurant that would take place before people eat dinner? The bridal party was interested in doing something like this :)

     

    Thanks!



    #6962 TATrisha

    TATrisha

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 12,377 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
    • LocationWisconsin

    Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

    How many people are you having at your wedding?


    ~Trisha~

    Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
    www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

    Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

     
    Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
     
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


    #6963 futuremrswarner

    futuremrswarner
    • Jr. Member
    • 360 posts

      Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

      Originally Posted by Joanne052013 

       

      I was wondering, did anyone book audio equipment for their dinner for speeches and to have music during the meal? Also, is anyone planning a grand entrance at the restaurant that would take place before people eat dinner? The bridal party was interested in doing something like this :)

       

      Thanks!

       

      I was told by someone that they wouldnt allow for speakers and mics in the restaurant if you are having your dinner there, because it would disrupt the experience of other resort guests. We were thinking of just doing a more grand entrance at the poolside reception instead since the DJ can play music for us and introduce us, if needed.



      #6964 lgerry

      lgerry
      • Jr. Member
      • 349 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

      Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

      Originally Posted by Tlseege 

      Even 5 years ago I was told the same 3 month thing.  Ha!  As if I could wait that long.  Especially since some locations/times/services are first come first serve! 

       

      Originally Posted by futuremrswarner 

      Yeah, that's the same with me as well. My wedding is in November and after the date and location were confirmed with my TA, Jazmin had already sent me an email to introduce herself and asked for some information. In addition to that, she was already providing options for various things like dinner options, poolside reception options, menu and cake options to me to make the decisions. I feel like the WCs wouldn't want to wait that last minute to complete everything either.  

       

      Thanks guys, i'll wait a month or so... if I can wait that long, lol :P),  and then if we don't hear from her i'll send her an email.



      #6965 futuremrswarner

      futuremrswarner
      • Jr. Member
      • 360 posts

        Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

        It doesn't hurt to email her anyways, since they do take some time to respond back. I was lucky the last 2 times I emailed her, which I received a response the next day. This 3rd time I emailed her, I've been waiting for a week or so now.



        #6966 berg5080

        berg5080
        • Newbie
        • 53 posts

          Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

          Originally Posted by lgerry 

           

           

          Thanks guys, i'll wait a month or so... if I can wait that long, lol :P),  and then if we don't hear from her i'll send her an email.

          Hi,

          I had the same thing. I would get organised over the next month or so - this way you have one long communication to send over. I've found that the easiest. I was really annoyed at the start with the lack of contact but now it's gotten a lot better. Also Eugenia is on holiday until end of March so she wouldn't get back to you now anyway. Our wedding is on 9th May and I am just so glad we did a ton in Jan/Feb otherwise April would have been a race to the finish.

           

          I recommend maybe asking Eugenia when she'll be off on holidays as they seem to take very long holidays - it is more relaxed in Mexico I think - lol.  Also they work long days I believe so deserve the break but good to factor into your planning. We just got lucky!! Just a tip...

           

          Miriam :) 



          #6967 Joanne052013

          Joanne052013
          • Newbie
          • 14 posts

            Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

            We're having 40 people- give or take a few. Thanks :)



            #6968 Sara Tamargo

            Sara Tamargo
            • Vendor
            • 94 posts

              Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

              Mediterraneo sounds real good!



              #6969 TATrisha

              TATrisha

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 12,377 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
              • LocationWisconsin

              Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

              Honestly, with 40 people I think you'll be okay without a speaker system.  It's small enough that they'll be able to hear your "grand entrance" to dinner without a mic and it's large enough that it'll be buzzing with conversation and nobody will even miss the dinner music.


              ~Trisha~

              Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
              www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

              Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

               
              Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
               
              Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


              #6970 claruickie

              claruickie
              • Jr. Member
              • 225 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 20, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Tulum Gazebo @ Bahia Principe Mayan Riveria , Mexico
              • LocationAberdeen SCOTLAND

              Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

              Originally Posted by berg5080 

              Hi,

              I had the same thing. I would get organised over the next month or so - this way you have one long communication to send over. I've found that the easiest. I was really annoyed at the start with the lack of contact but now it's gotten a lot better. Also Eugenia is on holiday until end of March so she wouldn't get back to you now anyway. Our wedding is on 9th May and I am just so glad we did a ton in Jan/Feb otherwise April would have been a race to the finish.

               

              I recommend maybe asking Eugenia when she'll be off on holidays as they seem to take very long holidays - it is more relaxed in Mexico I think - lol.  Also they work long days I believe so deserve the break but good to factor into your planning. We just got lucky!! Just a tip...

               

              Miriam :) 

               

              Happy Sunday ya'll

               

              I just got a reply from Jazim to the email I sent her last Sunday :)

               

              Mine was a big long email confirming all that had been arranged and any questions I had.  She has answered everything so all I need to do is confirm my wedding bouquet.

               

              I had read on here that the groom can get his golf  FOC for 1 round but she was unable to answer that but gace me the contact details for the Golf club so will get that sent off next.

               

              Hope you are all getting the replies to want.

               

              Have a good Sunday  Kirstin x






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users