Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by STBEngelquist View Post

I was there in January and got engaged. I knew we were going to get married there so we met with the WC to get an idea of what we would be getting and what there packages were like! She told me that they can't book weddings until the packages for that year come out, and we are planning a 2014 wedding, which means the new packages aren't out yet! She should be getting them by April of this year, so you probably can't set your date until then. Hope this was helpful!

Congrats on your engagement!!

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear this!!! We have been waiting to hear back from the resort since Nov now to book our Jan 2014 date. We got a hold of Paloma at the end of Dec by phone and she told us the same thing, but then I saw another bride or 2  (can't remember now) on here that said they had their 2014 date set so I've been freaked out, lol! Now I can wait in peace haha!

Liz :)

Originally Posted by KRama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson30 View Post
hi, my 
Hi Jessica, I hope this helps you out! Here's some pics from my wedding that was 3 weeks ago (gasp! 3 weeks already!). We got married at Coba but I imagine the table set ups would be similar.

Head table:

Click the image to open in full size.

The head table had the flower arrangement from the ceremony. The rest had small vases with a single flower and little candle lanterns. When we arrived, they had large silver platters with a customized menu at each place setting. I brought down the table cards with my guests names, that was it!

This was the cake we had:

We had 40 people attend but we didn't bother to upgrade the cake since we were serving dessert with dinner. We chose the chocolate cake and it was delicious! I think this is the standard size/shape/look of the cake that's included in the package so if you want something different I suggest emailing your WC with pics and get her to provide you with the cost.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, ask away!

Oh and I promise to get to that review this weekend!!

If you stay in COBA do you have to eat at the resturants there, or can you choose from any of the options?  and what kind of food was at the Portfinio?

Did you have to pay extra because you had more then 30 guests?  Did you do your speachs there or somewhere else?  and Did you have the dances in the resturant or outside after dinner? Are there other dinners in there with you while your having your reception or is it just your Group?

Hi everyone - we have been told by Eugenia that we are allowed to write our own vows (excited but a bit nervous to do that but the hubbie-to-be seems to be keen). Anyway we would like to ask one of my girlfriends to do a reading. To save time (considering how long it takes to hear back from the WC) does anyone know if we are allowed to have a reading at the ceremony? Ours is on the Akumal beach.

Thanks for the advice Miriam :) 

Hey Nicole!    I think we met at the Japanese restaurant. You guys have the coolest story! I got engaged 2 days later and we are getting married in nov 2013!   Congrats!!  

Originally Posted by STBEngelquist View Post

Hi all I am a new bride to be and am having a destination wedding at GBP. My fiancé and I meet there 6years ago and just went back in January when he asked me to marry him!!!! We're going back a 3rd time to tie the knot!! Next May. I'm in the very pre planning stages but all this information has been really helpful! Ill be misting more details and questions as I get into the planning stage...

Nicole soon to be Engelquist

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessie24 View Post

Hi all!

I'm new to the site and have read almost every post on this topic!! I'm getting married at the Gran Bahia Tulum on the 25th October 2013! Hope to get to know some of you on this site so we can share ideas or worries, lol!

Jess x

Welcome Jess

Welcome to this site and congratulations on your upcoming wedding and the planning.

These are a note of some amazing and helpful thread/links

"Post Your Wedding Date" http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/9132/post-your-wedding-date/657

Brides (& grooms) can see who is getting married on dates close to them . It is handy too as some wedding parties have shared the cost of some vendors (photographers in particular)

"Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!"

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/786/gran-bahia-principe-akumal-tulum-coba-post-here

OFFICIAL Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya Thread

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/75549/official-gran-bahia-principe-riviera-maya-thread

Anyone have their entire playlist?

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/42149/anyone-have-their-entire-playlist/250

Anyone used Arrecife Photography at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum/Akumal/Coba

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/63142/anyone-used-arrecife-photography-at-gran-bahia-principe-tulum-akumal-coba

These are the links to each of the 3 different locations, if you click on each of them then click on the photos in turn you are given a 360 degree view of each point - pretty good

Tulum Gazebo wedding location is on the furthest right of this picture

http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/resort-tulum/map

Akumal wedding location is roughly on the large beach area in front of the swimming pool that is on the left side of this picture. Coba is the area in the background - it is central and doesnt have it's own beach area.

http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/resort-akumal/map

Coba

http://www.bahia-principe.com/en/hotels/riviera-maya/resort-coba/map

Happy planning, Im sure if you have any questions someone here can hel you out or point you in the correct directiion  :) Kirstin x