Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#651 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

Congrats Martha! Sorry you had problems with the WC that really stinks and even more about your camera. Looking forward to pictures and review! Whoo Hoo your married!!!
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#652 1kpaine

1kpaine
    • 36 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:12 PM

Congrats Martha!!!! Sorry to hear you had problems with Jazmin - bummer. Can't wait to see the pics. Which photographer did you go with?

Which location did you chose for the ceremony? How many guests did you have? Do you feel like the resort accomodated everyone?

What kind of prices are you guys getting on vacation packages? I keep hearing about "group rates" for the rooms, but no one can give me any actual numbers. Anyone??

#653 JoLo908

JoLo908
      • 889 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

I am waiting to find out group rates from the travel agent, but she said she can't get them for a little while until airfare becomes available and we are more aware of how many guests we are having.

#654 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

We got a group rate after 10 rooms were booked the savings is approx $80pp.

#655 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

For those that already got married did you write your own ceremony or did they give you some options? Also did the officiant speak english?

#656 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

One more question did anyone use the resort dj? What are your reviews on him/her.

#657 JoLo908

JoLo908
              • 889 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                For those that already got married did you write your own ceremony or did they give you some options? Also did the officiant speak english?

Yeah, We would definitely want our wedding to be in English, is this possible? considering we are only having the religious ceremony and doing the legal part at home (shhhh!) And also we would definitely like to write our own vows. Is all of this possible? Does anyone know? Also, we were planning on using an Ipod for the DJ... I believe they said that this is okay. Thank you ladies!!!

#658 JoLo908

JoLo908
                • 889 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

Quote:
                  Hey! You're a fellow Jersey girl! Yeahhh!

Yeah, We would definitely want our wedding to be in English, is this possible? considering we are only having the religious ceremony and doing the legal part at home (shhhh!) And also we would definitely like to write our own vows. Is all of this possible? Does anyone know? Also, we were planning on using an Ipod for the DJ... I believe they said that this is okay. Thank you ladies!!!

#659 Martha

Martha
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,906 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by 1kpaine
                    Congrats Martha!!!! Sorry to hear you had problems with Jazmin - bummer. Can't wait to see the pics. Which photographer did you go with?

Which location did you chose for the ceremony? How many guests did you have? Do you feel like the resort accomodated everyone?

What kind of prices are you guys getting on vacation packages? I keep hearing about "group rates" for the rooms, but no one can give me any actual numbers. Anyone??

The minister speaks English, so if you are having just the religious ceremony, you will be okay. I have a funny story about the minister, I will add it to my review. We didn't have any options, but we did have a sand ceremony and two readings.

Quote:
                    One more question did anyone use the resort dj? What are your reviews on him/her.
                    We used the DJ but brought our own music. So, I really have no opinion of him. :)

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JoLo908
                    Hey! You're a fellow Jersey girl! Yeahhh!

You can write your own vows and the minister speaks English really well. No idea about the ipod, sorry.

#660 JoLo908

JoLo908
                    • 889 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the info Martha! It is really appreciated. Can't wait to see your pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users