Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#6371 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
  • 465 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron 

Nice!  Do you order them individually?  Did you order everything through Marvin? (centrepieces, bouquets and boutonnieres) Did your package through the resort come with a bride's bouquets/ centrepiece etc?  Are you just forgoing those items or did you work someone out with your wedding planner?  Is marvin dropping off the flowers to the resort? Sorry for the 1 million questions! And thanks again!

ha ha - no worries!
    Yep - just sent Marvin pics of a singular green cymbidium orchid and told him i wanted them for the cake.
    He actually sent me samples of centerpieces and I chose from the pics..changed up a couple flowers and he was more than accommodating.
    I've got the blissfull love package - and I honestly don't even know what flowers come with that. But I do know that for the 'bride's bouquet' - I just ordered what flowers I knew were included - and i'll be using that as my 'throw bouquet'. As far as the other flowers that are included - I havent discussed any with Jazmin - Maybe we'll do that when we meet - if not - I guess that means i'm foregoing them - ha ha
    All i care about is that I get the ones i ordered from Marvin.
    Yes - he's scheduled to deliver them the morning of the wedding. He does have a delivery fee - its $100USD which is definitely steep - but again - I still saved SO much money by using him rather than the resort.
    Here's what Ive ordered - pics I sent to Marvin

Boutonniers

Corsages

Bridesmaids bouquets with the dark purple calla lilies

My bouquet

#6372 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
    • 465 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by worstbride 

Someone please tell me I don't have to find a florist out there

Depends on what kind of flowers you want. If the resort provides what you want then you're all good - especially if your wedding package includes flowers.
      If you're wanting more extravagant flowers like Orchids...the resort can and will get them for you - however it will cost you quite a lot

I'm using Maya Diseno Floral - Marvin's prices were SO much better than what the resort quoted me.

You don't HAVE to use an outside florist - but it's really up to you - what you want and how much you wish to spend

#6373 Tammyd23

Tammyd23
      • 42 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

Paloma has emailed our wedding is confirmed for 25th may 2013 at 1pm akumal beach location :) will this be the first wedding of the day? and has anyone got married at this time how was the heat?

#6374 CrishTaition

CrishTaition
        • Banned
        • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hello Members,

Good wishes to all. My name is Crish Taition from US. I have just joined in this forum recently, but I have found the introduction thread of this forum, so I am posting my introduction here. I want to know more about Wedding Projects, Wedding Crafts, Inspirational Wedding Ideas, DIY Wedding Ideas and related topics on it. I want all of your support and cooperation. If any kind of mistake done by me, then forgive me for that.

With Regards,
          Crish Taition

#6375 AndreaandAaron

AndreaandAaron
          • 180 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 

ha ha - no worries!
            Yep - just sent Marvin pics of a singular green cymbidium orchid and told him i wanted them for the cake.
            He actually sent me samples of centerpieces and I chose from the pics..changed up a couple flowers and he was more than accommodating.
            I've got the blissfull love package - and I honestly don't even know what flowers come with that. But I do know that for the 'bride's bouquet' - I just ordered what flowers I knew were included - and i'll be using that as my 'throw bouquet'. As far as the other flowers that are included - I havent discussed any with Jazmin - Maybe we'll do that when we meet - if not - I guess that means i'm foregoing them - ha ha
            All i care about is that I get the ones i ordered from Marvin.
            Yes - he's scheduled to deliver them the morning of the wedding. He does have a delivery fee - its $100USD which is definitely steep - but again - I still saved SO much money by using him rather than the resort.
            Here's what Ive ordered - pics I sent to Marvin

Boutonniers

Corsages

Bridesmaids bouquets with the dark purple calla lilies

My bouquet

Beautiful flowers!  Thank you so much for all the info!   :) 

#6376 worstbride

worstbride
            • 92 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

Depends on what kind of flowers you want. If the resort provides what you want then you're all good - especially if your wedding package includes flowers.
              If you're wanting more extravagant flowers like Orchids...the resort can and will get them for you - however it will cost you quite a lot

I'm using Maya Diseno Floral - Marvin's prices were SO much better than what the resort quoted me.

You don't HAVE to use an outside florist - but it's really up to you - what you want and how much you wish to spend

So I don't really care about flowers at all, but I read that people were only spending like 3-400 on flowers from the resort? How much is this marvin guy? And are you having to pay the delivery as well as he $90 day pass to have them on the grounds?

#6377 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
              • 360 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by worstbride 

Quote:

So I don't really care about flowers at all, but I read that people were only spending like 3-400 on flowers from the resort? How much is this marvin guy? And are you having to pay the delivery as well as he $90 day pass to have them on the grounds?

I think since you didn't really want flowers in the first place, you should just be good with the resorts choices' of flowers. I think people who reach out to outside florist are the ones who have a very particular taste with flowers and wanted a specific kind. You should be fine.

Attached Files

#6378 AndreaandAaron

AndreaandAaron
                • 180 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Me again :)

Was  there an option to pick up the flowers instead of the delivery fee?  (could be a good job for my dad and FFIL) Do you know if Marvin's shop is close to the resort? I guess $100 isnt thaaaaat bad if you are saving a ton of money...

#6379 fraggle42

fraggle42
                  • 159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thomas cook

thankyou and congrats :) your not to far from us, can I ask which ta you used?

#6380 fraggle42

fraggle42
                    • 159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

I don't know about the reception getting booked up. We were undecided about having one at first due to budget so added that on later. So glad we had one though. Like I say there are so many weddings it would not hurt to get it booked early if you know you definitely want one.

Thank you! That makes me feel better! I will try to get my dinner time confirmed- the restaurant location has already been confirmed.  I want a pool side reception, but haven't actually requested one...I will do that as well.  Do you know if  the pool side reception always available? or can it get booked up? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users