Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron View Post

Nice!  Do you order them individually?  Did you order everything through Marvin? (centrepieces, bouquets and boutonnieres) Did your package through the resort come with a bride's bouquets/ centrepiece etc?  Are you just forgoing those items or did you work someone out with your wedding planner?  Is marvin dropping off the flowers to the resort? Sorry for the 1 million questions! And thanks again!

ha ha - no worries!

Yep - just sent Marvin pics of a singular green cymbidium orchid and told him i wanted them for the cake.

He actually sent me samples of centerpieces and I chose from the pics..changed up a couple flowers and he was more than accommodating.

I've got the blissfull love package - and I honestly don't even know what flowers come with that. But I do know that for the 'bride's bouquet' - I just ordered what flowers I knew were included - and i'll be using that as my 'throw bouquet'. As far as the other flowers that are included - I havent discussed any with Jazmin - Maybe we'll do that when we meet - if not - I guess that means i'm foregoing them - ha ha

All i care about is that I get the ones i ordered from Marvin.

Yes - he's scheduled to deliver them the morning of the wedding. He does have a delivery fee - its $100USD which is definitely steep - but again - I still saved SO much money by using him rather than the resort.

Here's what Ive ordered - pics I sent to Marvin

400  Boutonniers

400 Corsages

400 Bridesmaids bouquets with the dark purple calla lilies

400 My bouquet

Originally Posted by worstbride View Post

Someone please tell me I don't have to find a florist out there

Depends on what kind of flowers you want. If the resort provides what you want then you're all good - especially if your wedding package includes flowers.

If you're wanting more extravagant flowers like Orchids...the resort can and will get them for you - however it will cost you quite a lot

I'm using Maya Diseno Floral - Marvin's prices were SO much better than what the resort quoted me.

You don't HAVE to use an outside florist - but it's really up to you - what you want and how much you wish to spend

Hello Members,

Good wishes to all. My name is Crish Taition from US. I have just joined in this forum recently, but I have found the introduction thread of this forum, so I am posting my introduction here. I want to know more about Wedding Projects, Wedding Crafts, Inspirational Wedding Ideas, DIY Wedding Ideas and related topics on it. I want all of your support and cooperation. If any kind of mistake done by me, then forgive me for that.

With Regards,
Crish Taition

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post

ha ha - no worries!

Yep - just sent Marvin pics of a singular green cymbidium orchid and told him i wanted them for the cake.

He actually sent me samples of centerpieces and I chose from the pics..changed up a couple flowers and he was more than accommodating.

I've got the blissfull love package - and I honestly don't even know what flowers come with that. But I do know that for the 'bride's bouquet' - I just ordered what flowers I knew were included - and i'll be using that as my 'throw bouquet'. As far as the other flowers that are included - I havent discussed any with Jazmin - Maybe we'll do that when we meet - if not - I guess that means i'm foregoing them - ha ha

All i care about is that I get the ones i ordered from Marvin.

Yes - he's scheduled to deliver them the morning of the wedding. He does have a delivery fee - its $100USD which is definitely steep - but again - I still saved SO much money by using him rather than the resort.

Here's what Ive ordered - pics I sent to Marvin

400  Boutonniers

400 Corsages

400 Bridesmaids bouquets with the dark purple calla lilies

400 My bouquet

Beautiful flowers!  Thank you so much for all the info!   :) 

Depends on what kind of flowers you want. If the resort provides what you want then you're all good - especially if your wedding package includes flowers.

If you're wanting more extravagant flowers like Orchids...the resort can and will get them for you - however it will cost you quite a lot

I'm using Maya Diseno Floral - Marvin's prices were SO much better than what the resort quoted me.

You don't HAVE to use an outside florist - but it's really up to you - what you want and how much you wish to spend

So I don't really care about flowers at all, but I read that people were only spending like 3-400 on flowers from the resort? How much is this marvin guy? And are you having to pay the delivery as well as he $90 day pass to have them on the grounds?

Originally Posted by worstbride View Post

Quote:

So I don't really care about flowers at all, but I read that people were only spending like 3-400 on flowers from the resort? How much is this marvin guy? And are you having to pay the delivery as well as he $90 day pass to have them on the grounds?

I think since you didn't really want flowers in the first place, you should just be good with the resorts choices' of flowers. I think people who reach out to outside florist are the ones who have a very particular taste with flowers and wanted a specific kind. You should be fine.

Me again :)

Was  there an option to pick up the flowers instead of the delivery fee?  (could be a good job for my dad and FFIL) Do you know if Marvin's shop is close to the resort? I guess $100 isnt thaaaaat bad if you are saving a ton of money...

I don't know about the reception getting booked up. We were undecided about having one at first due to budget so added that on later. So glad we had one though. Like I say there are so many weddings it would not hurt to get it booked early if you know you definitely want one.

Thank you! That makes me feel better! I will try to get my dinner time confirmed- the restaurant location has already been confirmed.  I want a pool side reception, but haven't actually requested one...I will do that as well.  Do you know if  the pool side reception always available? or can it get booked up?