Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#6311 Tammyd23

Tammyd23
  • Newbie
  • 42 posts

    Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

    you can rent speakers, I think about 70 bucks an hour

    Thankyou

    #6312 Sunshine2680

    Sunshine2680
    • Jr. Member
    • 465 posts

      Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

       Nice to see another bride from Calgary here!  My wedding is coming up in 2 weeks!
      My colors are dark purple/plum and lime green - I was going to do lanterns by the pool too as we're having a private pool reception but ive discovered im just bringing down SO much stuff i forfeited the lanterns. Jazmin shoudl be your WC and not sure if she's told you but they actually decorate around the pool with paperbag lanterns - they're really quite pretty! Something to think about if you're trying to save on what your'e bringing down
      We're paying to have a private cocktail reception on the beach right after the ceremony

      Any questions let me know!

      Originally Posted by ktoby 

      This website is amazing! It has made me sooo reassured, and also super excited for the wedding!

       

      I have had a couple emails with the wedding planner, but I still trying to figure out flowers and everything. I didn't know that we coudl have a cocktail hour, which is amazing, and if there is time, that would be a great place for people while we are getting photos done. 

       

      I am using the resort DJ. Fingers crossed it works out fine! 

       

      We are traveling Sunday to Sunday. We are also planning on having a group party at cocobongo on the Monday night. 

       

      I cannot wait!

       

      What are your colours? or decorations you want to use? I am thinking lanterns for the pool party.



      #6313 sun surf sand

      sun surf sand
      • Newbie
      • 75 posts

        Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

        Hello,

         

        Ahhhhh we are leaving on Sunday and I am super excited but starting to feel a little bit stressed over last min details.

         

         We are having our own photographer coming and staying with us for the week so when the resort photographers emailed us a few times throughout the planning process, I just kinda ignored their emails. 

         

        Last week I started to feel rude so I sent them a quick email back saying that thank you for the info and that their work is very nice however we are having 50 friends and family coming to stay the week and between them we should have more than enough shots to capture our moment. 

         

        They responded with a nice email saying that they respect out wishes. However if we have external photographer coming with us they must stay the minimum 5 days at the resort and we must provide them with:

        Photographers names, arrival and departure dates, hotel accommodation, booking, number, company name, company address, company phone #, and email contact, And that we would also have to fill out a service cancellation form. 

         

        Why do they need all this information on my photographers company? They are staying as guest for a full 7 days.  I don’t feel right providing their personal information to another photography company. Why do they need any contact information, there should be no need for them to speak with each other.

         

        As far as filling out this cancellation of service form, I’m kinda annoyed. Maybe I am over reacting but it’s just one more thing I have to worry about doing and the list is already very long.  I have already sent an email informing them we will not require their service, so they have it in writing, why do I have to fill out another form!?!?

         

        Has anyone else had to provide this info and fill out this form?

         

         

        P.S. Sorry for the rant!! 



        #6314 TATrisha

        TATrisha

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 12,377 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
        • LocationWisconsin

        Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

        I Have never and will never give them my information. As harmless as it is, I travel with 20k worth of equipment. The absolute last thing I'm going to do is give anyone the information of where I'm staying. No way! So my brides have always ignored that email, but filled out the form saying they don't need the services. And I've always stayed three nights without a problem.

        ~Trisha~

        Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
        www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

        Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

         
        Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
         
        Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


        #6315 sun surf sand

        sun surf sand
        • Newbie
        • 75 posts

          Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

          Thanks Tlseege,

          That makes me feel much better! I just don’t feel comfortable sharing someone else’s personal information, especially as I can't imagine what they would need it for if I am opting out of there services completely.

          Quote: 

           

             

          Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

          I Have never and will never give them my information. As harmless as it is, I travel with 20k worth of equipment. The absolute last thing I'm going to do is give anyone the information of where I'm staying. No way! So my brides have always ignored that email, but filled out the form saying they don't need the services.
          And I've always stayed three nights without a problem.


          #6316 Tracy Taylor

          Tracy Taylor
          • Newbie
          • 30 posts

            Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

            @ Sun Surf Sand I have been going through the same thing with them! I have emailed many times telling them a friend of mine is taking our pictures and we will not be needing their services. They also emailed me back telling me they respect my wishes. I will sign the paper once I apprive; I will not be providing any personal information on my friend. Your not alone at feeling annoyed!



            #6317 sun surf sand

            sun surf sand
            • Newbie
            • 75 posts

              Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

              Originally Posted by Tracy Taylor View Post

              @ Sun Surf Sand I have been going through the same thing with them! I have emailed many times telling them a friend of mine is taking our pictures and we will not be needing their services. They also emailed me back telling me they respect my wishes. I will sign the paper once I apprive; I will not be providing any personal information on my friend. Your not alone at feeling annoyed!


              I just noticed that we are getting married on the same day!!! that's pretty cool! what location are you doing?



              #6318 Sunshine2680

              Sunshine2680
              • Jr. Member
              • 465 posts

                Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

                Originally Posted by sun surf sand 

                Hello,

                 

                Ahhhhh we are leaving on Sunday and I am super excited but starting to feel a little bit stressed over last min details.

                 

                 We are having our own photographer coming and staying with us for the week so when the resort photographers emailed us a few times throughout the planning process, I just kinda ignored their emails. 

                 

                Last week I started to feel rude so I sent them a quick email back saying that thank you for the info and that their work is very nice however we are having 50 friends and family coming to stay the week and between them we should have more than enough shots to capture our moment. 

                 

                They responded with a nice email saying that they respect out wishes. However if we have external photographer coming with us they must stay the minimum 5 days at the resort and we must provide them with:

                Photographers names, arrival and departure dates, hotel accommodation, booking, number, company name, company address, company phone #, and email contact, And that we would also have to fill out a service cancellation form. 

                 

                Why do they need all this information on my photographers company? They are staying as guest for a full 7 days.  I don’t feel right providing their personal information to another photography company. Why do they need any contact information, there should be no need for them to speak with each other.

                 

                As far as filling out this cancellation of service form, I’m kinda annoyed. Maybe I am over reacting but it’s just one more thing I have to worry about doing and the list is already very long.  I have already sent an email informing them we will not require their service, so they have it in writing, why do I have to fill out another form!?!?

                 

                Has anyone else had to provide this info and fill out this form?

                 

                 

                P.S. Sorry for the rant!! 


                I also told the resort photog to take a hike (nicely) ...just said we wouldnt be needing their services.

                but they NEVER came at me with any kind of form to fill out asking for my photogs info etc...thats extremely bizarre. I would ignore and see what happens when you actually get there.
                Mind you I dont think i divulged that I was bringing my own either. Honestly I dont think its their business. Ours is staying with us the whole week also but we're just treating him like everyone else thats in our group...



                #6319 Tammyd23

                Tammyd23
                • Newbie
                • 42 posts

                  Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

                  We are planning on using the resort photographer, prices are steep :o we have budgeted $800 for photos which will only get us 50 on disc, my friend is bringing her camera too, does anyone know if I can purchase the photos at a later date incase we want more? Thanks in advance

                  #6320 dbourassa

                  dbourassa
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

                    We leave Sunday too, maybe we will see you their.

                    Dallas

                    Originally Posted by sun surf sand 

                    Hello,

                     

                    Ahhhhh we are leaving on Sunday and I am super excited but starting to feel a little bit stressed over last min details.

                     

                     We are having our own photographer coming and staying with us for the week so when the resort photographers emailed us a few times throughout the planning process, I just kinda ignored their emails. 

                     

                    Last week I started to feel rude so I sent them a quick email back saying that thank you for the info and that their work is very nice however we are having 50 friends and family coming to stay the week and between them we should have more than enough shots to capture our moment. 

                     

                    They responded with a nice email saying that they respect out wishes. However if we have external photographer coming with us they must stay the minimum 5 days at the resort and we must provide them with:

                    Photographers names, arrival and departure dates, hotel accommodation, booking, number, company name, company address, company phone #, and email contact, And that we would also have to fill out a service cancellation form. 

                     

                    Why do they need all this information on my photographers company? They are staying as guest for a full 7 days.  I don’t feel right providing their personal information to another photography company. Why do they need any contact information, there should be no need for them to speak with each other.

                     

                    As far as filling out this cancellation of service form, I’m kinda annoyed. Maybe I am over reacting but it’s just one more thing I have to worry about doing and the list is already very long.  I have already sent an email informing them we will not require their service, so they have it in writing, why do I have to fill out another form!?!?

                     

                    Has anyone else had to provide this info and fill out this form?

                     

                     

                    P.S. Sorry for the rant!! 






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users