Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#6301 futuremrswarner

futuremrswarner
  • Jr. Member
  • 360 posts

    Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

    Awww congratulations christy! Have an amazing time and we cant wait to hear your review and see you pictures!! Best wishes to you and your soon-to-be hubby!



    #6302 futuremrswarner

    futuremrswarner
    • Jr. Member
    • 360 posts

      Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

      I was wondering, has anyone ever asked the WC if you can purchase/rent out different sizes clear glass vase from the resort or the florist? I dont want flowers as centerpieces and want to make my own, but if I could avoid bringing glass vases down, it would be best. Another bride suggested this as she was able to get them thru her resort. Wasn't sure if anyone has tried with GBP?



      #6303 shellee

      shellee
      • Newbie
      • 49 posts

        Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

        Originally Posted by Tammyd23 

        For the poolside party if I have 3hours special cocktails for $11will I have to pay the same for children

        I had the special cocktail and had to pay for the children. it kind of sucked since out of the 50 people we had there 10 of them were kids



        #6304 Tammyd23

        Tammyd23
        • Newbie
        • 42 posts

          Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

          Thankyou yeah that sucks think weve got 5 children on booking so far

          #6305 AndreaandAaron

          AndreaandAaron
          • Jr. Member
          • 180 posts

            Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

            I thought I read somewhere on this thread that, if you ask, sometimes they won't charge you for the kids?? Does anyone know?  So far, we have only 2 kids booked and 2 babies (under 2).  



            #6306 dbourassa

            dbourassa
            • Newbie
            • 12 posts

              Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

              Originally Posted by Tammyd23 

              For the poolside party if I have 3hours special cocktails for $11will I have to pay the same for children

              yep children are the same rate. Our WC took off the 2 babies though



              #6307 Tammyd23

              Tammyd23
              • Newbie
              • 42 posts

                Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

                Thanks, does anyone know the rules of bringing my own ipod and speakers/docking station we are having a big reception/party when we are back home so didnt want to pay loads for a dj there too

                #6308 ktoby

                ktoby
                • Newbie
                • 9 posts

                  Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

                  Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron 

                  Thats great!  It is amazing how this website helps so many people gather info and connect with eachother!  

                   

                  Have you had much contact with your wedding planner?  We are doing a pool side reception....I am waiting to figure out the timing for dinner and the reception.  Are you going with the resort DJ?  What are your travel dates?  We are booked with Sunwing- Monday to Monday. 

                  This website is amazing! It has made me sooo reassured, and also super excited for the wedding!

                   

                  I have had a couple emails with the wedding planner, but I still trying to figure out flowers and everything. I didn't know that we coudl have a cocktail hour, which is amazing, and if there is time, that would be a great place for people while we are getting photos done. 

                   

                  I am using the resort DJ. Fingers crossed it works out fine! 

                   

                  We are traveling Sunday to Sunday. We are also planning on having a group party at cocobongo on the Monday night. 

                   

                  I cannot wait!

                   

                  What are your colours? or decorations you want to use? I am thinking lanterns for the pool party.



                  #6309 dbourassa

                  dbourassa
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

                    Originally Posted by Tammyd23 

                    Thanks, does anyone know the rules of bringing my own ipod and speakers/docking station we are having a big reception/party when we are back home so didnt want to
                    pay loads for a dj there too

                    you can rent speakers, I think about 70 bucks an hour



                    #6310 ktoby

                    ktoby
                    • Newbie
                    • 9 posts

                      Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

                      Originally Posted by AndreaandAaron 

                      Thats great!  It is amazing how this website helps so many people gather info and connect with eachother!  

                       

                      Have you had much contact with your wedding planner?  We are doing a pool side reception....I am waiting to figure out the timing for dinner and the reception.  Are you going with the resort DJ?  What are your travel dates?  We are booked with Sunwing- Monday to Monday. 

                      This website is amazing! It has made me sooo reassured, and also super excited for the wedding!

                       

                      I have had a couple emails with the wedding planner, but I still trying to figure out flowers and everything. I didn't know that we coudl have a cocktail hour, which is amazing, and if there is time, that would be a great place for people while we are getting photos done. 

                       

                      I am using the resort DJ. Fingers crossed it works out fine! 

                       

                      We are traveling Sunday to Sunday. We are also planning on having a group party at cocobongo on the Monday night. 

                       

                      I cannot wait!

                       

                      What are your colours? or decorations you want to use? I am thinking lanterns for the pool party.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users