Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#5871 yeemein

yeemein
  • Newbie
  • 91 posts

    Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

    UGH that is so frustrating! Air Transat did something similar to us but luckily everything worked out to be better in the end. I hope your tour operator doesn't make anymore schedule/date changes.

    Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 

    Well! I just had a nice wrench thrown into my wedding! Our tour operator decided there was no flights on the dates we picked so now EVERYTHING is changed!! ahhhhhhh No longer a Nov 30 bride...now a Dec 5 bride!

    Sigh...i'm just glad we were able to move everything and everyone was still cool with it. I'll lose some money in some of the things i've purchased/printed with our wedding date on it - but oh well...at least its not the official invites!!



    #5872 TATrisha

    TATrisha

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 12,377 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
    • LocationWisconsin

    Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

    Well that's annoying!!!

     

    But hey, December 5th sounds like a fantastic day to get married! :)


    ~Trisha~

    Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
    www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

    Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

     
    Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
     
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


    #5873 Sunshine2680

    Sunshine2680
    • Jr. Member
    • 465 posts

      Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

      Thanks guys! I agree! I think it actually is better in the long run. Just frustrating to change everything out. Especially asking people to change their work schedules to accommodate! Ah well. Everything happens for a reason! Hopefully all will work out



      #5874 shellee

      shellee
      • Newbie
      • 49 posts

        Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

        Question for all of you...... it has now been 2 months and no response from Maria???? i know she's probably really busy right now but are any of you having the same problem???



        #5875 TSilva

        TSilva
        • Newbie
        • 42 posts

          Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

          Yes, I'm still having trouble getting a hold of her...I emailed her on April 11th and still haven't heard back.

           

          Originally Posted by shellee 

          Question for all of you...... it has now been 2 months and no response from Maria???? i know she's probably really busy right now but are any of you having the same problem???



          #5876 TSilva

          TSilva
          • Newbie
          • 42 posts

            Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

            Oh NOOOO Sunshine2680....I know you were LIVID!!!! On the brightside, i'm glad everything turned out well with your guest still being able to come down on Dec. 5th. As far as the tour operator, I would see if they are willing to comp you for the items you pre-ordered with the old date...never hurt to ask ;-)

             

            Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 

            Well! I just had a nice wrench thrown into my wedding! Our tour operator decided there was no flights on the dates we picked so now EVERYTHING is changed!! ahhhhhhh No longer a Nov 30 bride...now a Dec 5 bride!

            Sigh...i'm just glad we were able to move everything and everyone was still cool with it. I'll lose some money in some of the things i've purchased/printed with our wedding date on it - but oh well...at least its not the official invites!!



            #5877 yeemein

            yeemein
            • Newbie
            • 91 posts

              Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:10 PM

              Shellee & TSilva, I see both your weddings are in October, so plenty of time for planning. When I met Maria in early May she told me Apr-May are the busiest months for weddings, literally one a day, if not two. So if Maria doesn't respond this month it's because of that. But she is really awesome and will get to your emails as soon as she can - but a gentle reminder is never a bad idea. =) Good luck!!!



              #5878 Sunshine2680

              Sunshine2680
              • Jr. Member
              • 465 posts

                Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

                Originally Posted by TSilva 

                Oh NOOOO Sunshine2680....I know you were LIVID!!!! On the brightside, i'm glad everything turned out well with your guest still being able to come down on Dec. 5th. As far as the tour operator, I would see if they are willing to comp you for the items you pre-ordered with the old date...never hurt to ask ;-)

                 

                 

                Ya - i wasn't a happy camper initially - but it all turned out for the best. I was more worried that the resort couldnt accommodate a new wedding day...or my photographer..Still waiting to hear back from my hair/makeup people tho
                I actually looked at the things i had already bought and its not much that has to get replaced - maybe $70 worth..no biggie. Thank goodness it wasnt the $800 i'm spending on invitations!



                #5879 Coba Bride 2012

                Coba Bride 2012
                • Newbie
                • 46 posts

                  Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

                  We are leaving a week from today and Maria has not emailed me back since April 18. I know she is reading my emails. It is very frustrating.

                  #5880 yeemein

                  yeemein
                  • Newbie
                  • 91 posts

                    Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

                    Aw I hear your frustration Coba Bride 2012, but after your meeting with Maria, all your worries will be gone. Good luck!

                    Originally Posted by Coba Bride 2012 

                    We are leaving a week from today and Maria has not emailed me back since April 18. I know she is reading my emails. It is very frustrating.





                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users