Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#4711 wesjor17

wesjor17
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

SO - i got an email from my wedding coordinator yesterday saying that they've changed my restaurant reservations from Gran Tortuga to Don Pablo on November 3rd - did this happen to anyone else??

Thanks!

#4712 vickib

vickib
    • 155 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

No, I havent recieved any word.  Yikes...hope its open in February!

#4713 crystalz

crystalz
      • 137 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

wesjor17- My wedding is Nov 2 and they didn't change my restaraunt...

Has anyone JUST come back from the resort?? I would like to know how the weather has been. Forecast is all over the place lol be nice to know how long the rain lasts for, and is there any tropical storms right now? My parents are leaving sunday for the resort. And before anyone tries telling me I can't control the weather, i know that lol I just want to know if the weather forecast is even accurate to what it actually is :)

Thanks!

#4714 wesjor17

wesjor17
        • 27 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

I'll be so mad if they changed it due to maintenance and then i find out that it was double booked and i got booted! :(

#4715 Fally

Fally
          • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:44 AM

Hello Ladies,

I have about five weeks to go, and many last minute things to do:)  I am not stressed, as I think I shall have it all ready a week or two before.  Once, I am finished my OOT bags, Itineraries, I will make sure to post for everyone :)  Plus my WC has not emailed me back and it has been 3 freaking days, usually it's the next day and I need stuff answered to finish my itineraries and table seating so that is making me a tad bit stressed!

I do have a few questions that I am unsure of and thought I should ask all of you ladies! :)

Where would you put a guestbook for signatures?  Is there a table for this, and when would be a good time!?

Is a cardbox a must, I ask as do you think people will be bringing cards as we are not expecting gifts?  If so, where would we put it?  I don't want people obligated to give us money either so do you think a cardbox would signal that?

Also, I am planning on doing my OOT bags up the day I get there, but do I deliver them or ask the staff to or should I give them out at the welcome cocktails?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!!!!  Hope all of your planning is going well too!

#4716 sunnyee

sunnyee
            • 112 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:52 AM

Crystalz,

I'm leaving Saturday for Akumal for a much needed vacay...have been watching the weather too and it has been all over the place. I have included links below...one for the National Hurricane Centre and the other for the Akumal Beach Web Cam (5 minute drive north of the Bahia)...you can see for yourself what the weather is doing!

wesjor17- My wedding is Nov 2 and they didn't change my restaraunt...

Has anyone JUST come back from the resort?? I would like to know how the weather has been. Forecast is all over the place lol be nice to know how long the rain lasts for, and is there any tropical storms right now? My parents are leaving sunday for the resort. And before anyone tries telling me I can't control the weather, i know that lol I just want to know if the weather forecast is even accurate to what it actually is :)

Thanks!

#4717 sunnyee

sunnyee
              • 112 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

wesjor17,

I know it's disappointing that they changed your restaurant however, Don Pablo is excellent!  It will be a great place to have your wedding dinner.

Cheers,

Sunnyee

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesjor17 

I'll be so mad if they changed it due to maintenance and then i find out that it was double booked and i got booted! :(

#4718 kristi11

kristi11
                • 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

ladies......I am undecided if I should use the resort spa for our hair or bring someone in.....HELP!!!!!  thanks :)

#4719 dfranklin

dfranklin
                  • 84 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

Fally,

We are getting married at Akumal on Nov. 19th- where is your reception?

You can have the front desk hand out your welcome bags for $2 each...

Eugenia told us to meet with the front desk manager at Coba (where all of our guests are staying) to set it up.

They wont email a "layout" of our reception (we are having 15 tables) because they do not have a "typical layout"....so my best advice is to make sure you draft/draw the tables and bars  you want when you meet with your coordinator the day after you arrive to the resort. 

We are placing the basket (for cards) on our welcome table when our guests enter the poolside reception from our cocktail hour (which is at Bar El Mar on the beach); the place cards and flameless candles will also be displayed on this welcome table as well. After all the guests are seated, my dad will take the basket and bring it to his table...

#4720 Cynlee143

Cynlee143
                    • 174 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hey Fally! I think we are going to set up a table at our reception for the guest book. We are not having a card box as we are telling our guests that their presence is our gift :). I guess if we do receive cards then I'll probably just give it to one of our parents to hold onto. As for the oot bags, we are planning on delivering them to each guests ourselves. Would love to personally welcome our guests for coming to celebrate our big day!! Hope this helps! Can't believe you leave in 5 weeks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users