Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#451 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

Those were the packages that Paloma originally sent me. They're effective November 1st, 2008. The other packages are good until the end of October.

Royfa, since your wedding is so close to November, I'm sure you could convince them to give you the Mayan ceremony. FH and I looked into it but he didn't like it as during the Mayan ceremony you're supposed to be barefeet (you and all your guests) and he hates being in barefeet.

#452 royfa

royfa
    • 2,201 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

Royfa, since your wedding is so close to November, I'm sure you could convince them to give you the Mayan ceremony. FH and I looked into it but he didn't like it as during the Mayan ceremony you're supposed to be barefeet (you and all your guests) and he hates being in barefeet.[/QUOTE]

I'll show it to FH first and if he's really interested, I will contact Jazmin and ask her if it's possible!
      Fannie & Pierre

#453 scoutley

scoutley
      • 108 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

I know! The Mayan ceremony looks really cool, but I'm wondering if they can deluxe-ify it! (Sort of like super-size!) I mean add on the flowers and wedding cake and sparkling wine.

I'm planning to get married on the Tulum side too. Like I said, I only just spoke to Paloma today and that is what she sent me. I haven't even booked my packages yet. But I did tell her Tulum, so I'd assume all these are available...
        http://i634.photobuc....3009_174-1.jpg
        What a PERFECT day it was ...

#454 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
        • 235 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

Yep, Scoutley for you they're available because you're looking at January. It's just us girls that are still on the old packages that I don't know if they're available.

The beach dinner sounds cool though. Especially if you're going at a time when you know it will be broiling hot.

Royfa, are you planning on a private poolside dinner? Just that you're in October like us so there's that chance of rain. I would rather do a poolside dinner but if it's raining and we get moved to a meeting room, then I would rather do dinner just in a restaurant.

#455 royfa

royfa
          • 2,201 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:46 PM

Royfa, are you planning on a private poolside dinner? Just that you're in October like us so there's that chance of rain. I would rather do a poolside dinner but if it's raining and we get moved to a meeting room, then I would rather do dinner just in a restaurant.[/QUOTE]

No we will do our dinner in a restaurant in case of the weather! I don't really wanna have our wedding dinner in a meeting room... I don't wanna take the chance.
            Fannie & Pierre

#456 JoLo908

JoLo908
            • 889 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:36 AM

Wow... all of this information is so helpful... It makes me so excited and happy! We were looking in to the Excellence resorts before hand, but the price would mean a lot of people could not attend, and GBP seems to offer so much more that is our style... Thanks again!

#457 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
              • 235 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

So, random question of the day...what were the glasses (for the beach/pool) like at the Bahia? We're trying to decide if we should do mugs in our OOT bags or if the glasses the resort gives you are nice, big ones.

#458 Princess402

Princess402
                • 737 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tlseege
                  Yup, that's what I had. You need 50 guests (unless you can convince them to make an exception for you). It's $46 per person for dinner & drinks and then $150 an hour for the DJ.
                  The reception will be held by the pool from 7:30-10:30

Hope that helps!
                  So does the $46 per person include drinks at the reception as well, or is that extra per hour? Thanks!

#459 royfa

royfa
                  • 2,201 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RyanAmanda
                    So, random question of the day...what were the glasses (for the beach/pool) like at the Bahia? We're trying to decide if we should do mugs in our OOT bags or if the glasses the resort gives you are nice, big ones.
                    If it's still the same glasses they use as when we went, it's not that big!!! If you can afford mugs for your OOT bags, I would say go for it!
                    Fannie & Pierre

#460 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:44 PM

Question. I am working on a newsletter for my guests and need to come up with excursion ideas..so far I have Xel-Ha, Chichen Itza, the Tulum Ruins...what else is close by. I think Xacret is further away?

Anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users