Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hi Everyone,
My Maid of Honor suggested this site to me. I have booked our wedding for June 5, 2012 at the Coba. I was wondering if anyone has had Maria as their Wedding Coordinator. I am also wondering about the reception which resturants they really like and would suggest. Thank you for your help :)

• VIP Member

Hi ladies!

It's been SO long since i've checked in!  So many new brides and so many new Mrs.!  Congratulations to you all!!

Jemma, I brought along 16 yards of blue fabric and then we cut off some of it for the table runners, so I think I used about 12-14 yards.  I wish it was a little longer though as you can see it didn't go to the ground.  I also wish I had specifically asked to NOT use the white stuff, but oh well!

Mexico (347).jpg

sjust - We had the mariachis play after our ceremony.  They played for about 45 minutes, during our toast and while we were taking pictures on the beach.  The cost of the mariachis was $370 USD.  Mariachis were important to us because my husband is from Mexico, so it was worth it for us.  But honestly our guests were the ones enjoying the mariachis.  We were busy taking pictures.

Andree - Thanks!!

LindsayDS - The cake we had was included in our package.  We had 35 guests and they had wedding cake instead of the other dessert.

Hi Waybuloo,

Thanks for responding. Yes I am from the UK and have already added you on FB. I will message you later so you know who i am. Have looked through your photos and they are fantastic. I am so pleased about the package thing. I am looking at having blissful love package too but wasnt sure how much the price would go up the more people who came. Do you mind me asking how much the poolside party was for that many people?

Thanks for the info on witnesses too. I am not having any adult bridesmaids either so our set up will be similar to yours.

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

Hi there,

Yes you can have a legal ceremony.  As for the packages I chose the blissful love as originally had 28 guests....we ended up having 48 guests & the package didn't go up & I didn't have to pay any extra for the next package.....the only extra I had to pay was the price per head for the poolside party.

As for witnesses you can have who you want....I had my brother & my cousin for mine.  None of our witnesses were part of our wedding party as all of my bridesmaids were children.  Our witnesses sat in the seats & then were just called to the front when they had to sign the papers.  Are you from the UK?x    

Just to reassure you all....really do not worry about anything in this resort, I panicked so much before we went about everything being just as I wanted & it was all perfect.  The WC's really know what they are doing....we got on so well with Jazmin that she is coming to London for a few days in September & we are meeting up with her for dinner, that is how great they are!!

Any questions feel free to message me or add me on facebook Lisa Adams (trevett) :)

Hi,

I have seen the akumel hammock location decorated (not just white) on a few pics and i love it. I want the brazilian restaurant though which is in Tulum and the akumel wedding location so i do not know which hotel to book and whther this is possible. Can anyone help?

did the material take up a lot of weight in your suitcase?

the flowers make it too but did that work out expensive? 

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

Hi ladies!

It's been SO long since i've checked in!  So many new brides and so many new Mrs.!  Congratulations to you all!!

Jemma, I brought along 16 yards of blue fabric and then we cut off some of it for the table runners, so I think I used about 12-14 yards.  I wish it was a little longer though as you can see it didn't go to the ground.  I also wish I had specifically asked to NOT use the white stuff, but oh well!

Mexico (347).jpg

We are staying at the Coba abd are getting married at the hammock location, just email your WC and let her know that is the location you want

Originally Posted by Coba Bride 2012 View Post

Hi Trisha,
We are getting married at the Coba. I wonder if they will let me use the hammock location, or if is only for people staying at the akumal.