Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#4351 Megz

Megz
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

Hello ladies!

So I wanted some advice, below is what I have booked and had confirmed so far... Can someone tell me if I am missing something that needs booking? And also some advice on things I can do to customize my day a bit.

Wedding: December 8, 2011

Dinner: Brazillian Restaurant

Reception: pool side with Special cocktails and DJ

I feel like there is something I am missing... I know I need to pick flowers, how far in advance do I need to do that? Does anyone have the options for the flowers?

FINALLY... I'm having trouble with colour choice for bridesmaid dresses.. I have a 2 coloured dress picked out, dress colour, then a material belt.  I want to make sure the colours look good on the beach. If anyone has time.... :)  it is alfred angelo 7017S - any colour combination suggestions??

You guys rock!

#4352 waybuloo

waybuloo
    • 306 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

Hi Megz,  have just spent the last 10 mins on the Alfred Angelo site playing around with colours.  If it was me I would go with the fuschia & butter....however a bit biased as fuschia was my colour & in our photos it stands out so well against the sand & sea....I quite like the Jade as well though....I personally think you need a bright bold colour, any pale colours just don't photograph well.

On what you have to book you seem like you have pretty much got a lot sorted......music is another thing, you need five songs....one for bridesmaids, one for bride, two for signing registers & one to walk back out....we actually had 6 as hubbie wanted to walk in to a particular song.  Also have you chose your cake yet?  I originally chose 3 tier chocolate however after getting in resort & tasting their chocolate cake at the many buffets it wasn't that great so changed to the vanilla & honestly it was one of the best cakes I ever tasted!!....mmmmm!!....hahahaha!!

Originally Posted by Megz 

Hello ladies!

So I wanted some advice, below is what I have booked and had confirmed so far... Can someone tell me if I am missing something that needs booking? And also some advice on things I can do to customize my day a bit.

Wedding: December 8, 2011

Dinner: Brazillian Restaurant

Reception: pool side with Special cocktails and DJ

I feel like there is something I am missing... I know I need to pick flowers, how far in advance do I need to do that? Does anyone have the options for the flowers?

FINALLY... I'm having trouble with colour choice for bridesmaid dresses.. I have a 2 coloured dress picked out, dress colour, then a material belt.  I want to make sure the colours look good on the beach. If anyone has time.... :)  it is alfred angelo 7017S - any colour combination suggestions??

You guys rock!

#4353 Angie1017

Angie1017
      • 213 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

">http:// http://vimeo.com/user7580066/angie-peter

Hi girls!  Haven't been on here much since our wedding in December, but I finally got around to uploading and sharing this video our friend made of us getting ready, walking down the aisle and our vows.  Thought I'd share with you lovely Bahia brides!  :)

Married ~ December 16, 2010 ~ Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

#4354 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
        • 465 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

Hiya  - Id be happy to send you the link but i have it on my Favorites at work..so I'll do that on Monday :)

Originally Posted by Tanya-Karolina 

Sunshine 2680 , I was going to ask you what florist are you using in Play Del Carmen? I was thinking about using an outside vendor for my flowers also, because the prices I was quoted at the hotel were a little bit high for me. Were you offered reasonable price in Playa? could you please send to me the info about that florist? thank you so much beforehand!

Also if somebody knows any place I could buy just loose flowers, like 100 roses , I was also thinking about making the bouquets for bridesmaids myself, I would appreciate the information!

#4355 dfranklin

dfranklin
          • 84 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:36 AM

Angie- Love your video! Thanks for posting your video!

#4356 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
            • 465 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

Ok...I think the company is called Maya Diseno Floral Profesional
              The gentleman I talked to is Marvin Jose Ku Kinil - his email is

Hiya  - Id be happy to send you the link but i have it on my Favorites at work..so I'll do that on Monday :)

#4357 stylishmeNC

stylishmeNC
              • 76 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

Angie ~ Thanks for sharing your video, it was so lovely. What location did you get married? I'm currently in the process of booking and was trying to decipher all the options. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie1017 

">http:// http://vimeo.com/user7580066/angie-peter

Hi girls!  Haven't been on here much since our wedding in December, but I finally got around to uploading and sharing this video our friend made of us getting ready, walking down the aisle and our vows.  Thought I'd share with you lovely Bahia brides!  :)

#4358 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
                • 465 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hey - has anyone gotten married at Tulum Beach? my group will be staying at Tulum but I'm thinking I may want to get married on the beach rather than the gazebo..but
                  I have a feeling the hammock location at Akumal is kinda far - and I'm not even sure if thats an option either

Anyone that has pics - that woudl be great!

#4359 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
                  • 465 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Here's a pic of the beach location at Tulum  - I'm just not so sure i'm crazy about those palapas - they look so dead..lol
                    Is that the ONLY beach location at Tulum? or can you go anywhere on the beach?

TulumBeach.jpg

#4360 crystalz

crystalz
                    • 137 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

HAMMOCK LOCATION BRIDES....

I'm taking down my own fabric to be out up at the hammocks for extra color. My wedding planner here told me she heard that they charge you extra for decorating the hammock wooden things with fabric. I explained I'm bringing my own fabric, I don't see why they would charge me to put it up.

Did any of you bring your own fabric down and get charged for having it put up?

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users