Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#4201 nikki&owen

nikki&owen
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

I had Fernando do my hair and makeup (well he did make up and brought another guy to do our hair). I was soooo happy with the the job they did. He is a super nice guy, very professional and he came the day before to so a trial. He was a little expensive ($350 for wedding day hair and makeup and $180 for the trail), but he came so well recommeded, that I had to do it, and I am really glad that I did. I am normally NEVER happy with the way a salon does my hair and make up and I was happy with him.

I will look up his email address if anyone is interested.

As for out side vendors for hair and makeup....if you don't tell, they wont know! Others have asked the wedding planners at the resort and have been told it is not allowed, however, Fernando said that he comes to the resort often with no problems.

Originally Posted by dfranklin 

Has anyone booked Melissa Parry (MVP) for make-up and hair styling?!?

We CAN book outside vendors for hair and make-up, correct???

Thanks

#4202 sjust

sjust
    • 33 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

Does anyone know how much the poolside party is per person?  I'm hoping to have dinner in one of the restaurants and then have the party after that.

Thanks.

#4203 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
      • 465 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:58 AM

Good call - ya - generally you dont get pro prints of cutting the cake or speeches! We'll see what the budget allows - id rather throw that money towards hair and makeup!

esp now that i found someone who does the airbrushing makeup! yay!

Originally Posted by nikki&owen 

They can take photos of the dinner or reception but it is an extra $350. It is listed under the WEG extra services. But as Cdlillad said, just get one of your guests to take photos at the dinner. By that piont the party is on, and you really don't need the pro pics!

#4204 cdlillad

cdlillad
        • 141 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

dfranklin - They do allow outside vendors for hair and makeup. They just charge a $90 day pass for each person.  But I like Nikki&Owen's idea....maybe I should just not mention it again!  Or I have a couple of guests at the hotel with their own room.  I think the hotel price is based on 2 person occupancy...so I can just put them as one of the guests.

#4205 wesjor17

wesjor17
          • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

I am doing the poolside party after dinner and it was an additional 1100 USD for max 50 people

:)

Originally Posted by sjust 

Does anyone know how much the poolside party is per person?  I'm hoping to have dinner in one of the restaurants and then have the party after that.

Thanks.

#4206 melady24

melady24
            • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjust 

Thanks.

I think people confuse pool side reception with private dinners.  Pool side reception is only drinks, appetizers (if you want them) and music) for any number of people which can be done after the dinner in a-la cart restaurants.  Private dinner is for 50 ppl and up and it costs from $35 I believe per person (don't quote me on that I did not request it).

Pool site reception is $5 per person for special drinks (cocktails and mixers mostly) and $3 per person for extra hour.  There are other, more expensive options (like international liquors, etc) I think it's like $8 and $11 per person.  

And dolphinarium is open from April 16, 2011.  We had our hour with dolphins, it's fun... :)

#4207 sjust

sjust
              • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Hi Wesjor17,

Thank-you very much for the information.  I appreciate it.  I have 78 people coming.  Does that mean that I cannot do a poolside dinner?  Maybe, I should just do an after party instead?

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by wesjor17 

I am doing the poolside party after dinner and it was an additional 1100 USD for max 50 people

:)

#4208 sjust

sjust
                • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 05:23 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by melady24 

Quote:

I think people confuse pool side reception with private dinners.  Pool side reception is only drinks, appetizers (if you want them) and music) for any number of people which can be done after the dinner in a-la cart restaurants.  Private dinner is for 50 ppl and up and it costs from $35 I believe per person (don't quote me on that I did not request it).

Pool site reception is $5 per person for special drinks (cocktails and mixers mostly) and $3 per person for extra hour.  There are other, more expensive options (like international liquors, etc) I think it's like $8 and $11 per person.  

And dolphinarium is open from April 16, 2011.  We had our hour with dolphins, it's fun... :)

#4209 jody11

jody11
                  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:33 AM

c108905.jpghi there ladies does anyone know where i can find this???? i only need around 25 or so....thanks

#4210 Sunshine2680

Sunshine2680
                    • 465 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:25 PM

Awe - so does this mean you can't have your reception (dinner, cake, speeches, 1st dance) by the poolside unless there's 50 people??

If so -that sucks - I didn't think you needed a minimum about of people if you're paying per head.

So does that only leave the restaurants for a reception?

Sorry- My definition of wedding reception is the whole thing from dinner - to 1st dance...
                      Anything after that i consider the 'After-party'

Originally Posted by melady24 

Quote:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users