Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#3831 baileybride2b

baileybride2b
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Does anyone have pics (I probably missed them somewhere along the lines) of the poolside reception area.  I did see one persons but is there any more out there??

#3832 baileybride2b

baileybride2b
    • 100 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:32 PM

Oh yah I'm at the Akumal!

#3833 cdlillad

cdlillad
      • 141 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

Is anyone planning on getting a spray tan or airbrush tan before their wedding?  I am extremely fair and I don't plan on getting a real tan, to avoid sun damage.  I have gotten spray tans before and I like them (Mystic tan), but I think they only last 1 week.  I'm probably arriving 6 days before my wedding, so I'm not sure how much of it will wear off.

I saw a special local coupon for 2 air brush sessions for $45.  I've never tried air-brush tan before.  Not sure how that is different than the machine I used before.  I looked online and it usually costs about $45 for just one session.  So maybe I can use the first session to try it out. And then have a session right before I fly to Mexico.

#3834 aimesmiles

aimesmiles
        • 35 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hi Christi 

i assume by the tanning machine its like a booth actually just googled it and it reminds me of ross from friends ha ha!! i've never seen one of those here we just have the airbrush spray tans, they use like a little airgun to apply it! They can use it to give definition and highlight areas such as more toned stomach etc!! Not sure all places do! i would say though either way it'd only last a week! maybe you could do what you said have one right before you fly and have a look online see if you can find an airbrush tan in a can and get someone to apply it for you!! hope i  helped a bit! x

#3835 cdlillad

cdlillad
          • 141 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Amie! I'm going to try the airbrush, it sounds interesting.  Any tan has to be better than nothing! Even if it fades some.  And I will be on vacation, so it will be nice to have a little color.

#3836 waybuloo

waybuloo
            • 306 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:42 AM

LOL  at Ross from friends.............I LOVE that episode.....lol!!

Originally Posted by aimesmiles 

Hi Christi 

i assume by the tanning machine its like a booth actually just googled it and it reminds me of ross from friends ha ha!! i've never seen one of those here we just have the airbrush spray tans, they use like a little airgun to apply it! They can use it to give definition and highlight areas such as more toned stomach etc!! Not sure all places do! i would say though either way it'd only last a week! maybe you could do what you said have one right before you fly and have a look online see if you can find an airbrush tan in a can and get someone to apply it for you!! hope i  helped a bit! x

I had a airbrush spray tan last year before we went to Rome, It did work lovely & I was tanned but we were only there 4 days & I only swam once in that time & it was almost gone by the time we got home.  I think with all the swimming in the pools & sea it won't last any longer than  3 days maximum 4 xx

#3837 baileybride2b

baileybride2b
              • 100 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Ughhhh I will never get another airbrush or spray tan again!!!  I used to get both of them before some kind of event and the last one was before my girlfriends wedding and I ended up looking blotchy and like I had some kind of disease.  I do NOT recommend it but if you are thinking about it try it out first.  Although I would be extremely pissed if looked how i did for my girlffriends wedding for my own wedding!!  Sorry about the negativity but this is just my own experience! LOL  I will never get them done again!!

#3838 baileybride2b

baileybride2b
                • 100 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

Again sorry about the negativity but I had a VERY bad experience!!

#3839 linzip82

linzip82
                  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

Hi Babyshaws

Thanks so much for the reply - the email addresses are what I had previously used, so i have resent my email this time addressing it to Paloma and Maria.  I sent it yesterday but still no reply.

Hope they dont take too much longer!

Thanks again!

Linzi

Originally Posted by Babyshaws 

Linzip82

Its really hard isn't it - I was really happy with Karla as she responded so quickly & now I feel totally out if control! I'm worried as its not just me that isn't getting any replies & I leave 8 weeks today!

Maria who has taken over for Karla is at the same email address which is groupsmx3@bahia-principe.com

And the email for Paloma who is in charge is groupsmx@bahia-principe.com
                    You will always get a fast response from Paloma.

Hope this helps!
                    Gemma x

#3840 Babyshaws

Babyshaws
                    • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:46 PM

Been 4 days since I emailed again - how long before it's ok to go all bridezilla!?! It's stressing me out! Xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users