Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hi Guys

I am getting married at Gran Bahia Principe Coba on 19th May 2011.  My wedding co-ordinator is Karla, but as yet I have not been told about anything other that the ceremony will be at the Gazebo.

I have not been told anything about the reception (other than picking my restaurant for dinner)?  I have seen on some other threads that there is a pool side jacizzi bar which looks amazing, but im assuming this would not be in the cost of my package?

I have got my dress, grooms suit, flower girl dress sorted so far, just need to get my sister her bridesmaid dress, but other than that, I dont know what else I should bring for the wedding day.  I know bouquets are included in my package but im unsure about any other decorations.

Someone had told me just to sort things out with Karla when we arrive at Coba as they accomodate you better once you arrive, but im scared to leave it too late and not be able to organize anything. 

On a previous thread there it was mentioned that First Choice is making people stay at Akumal, I have been booked with First Choice since May 2010 and as yet, I have not been made aware of any changes to my booking although I have emailed Karla tonight to confirm this.

Any hints and tips would be great!

Thanks

Linzi

Tanya-Karolina (and others who may be getting married at Akumal),

I am also getting married at the Akumal beach location (and private reception with cocktails and dancing- trying to decide between dinner at Frutos Del Mar vs poolside buffet) and would love to see some pictures that you are also requesting! Did Eugenia offer any other outdoor reception sites, in addition to the pool?

Can you please email me when you get them at dara.franklin@gmail.com.

Thank you!

We had the mariachi band for our ceremony. They actually started off by playing the wedding march when I was walking down the "aisle". It wasn't planned and Eugenia actually asked me if I wanted that just beforehand so I went with it. It was really neat and everyone really liked it. They stopped for the ceremony and then played afterwards for our toast. It made for great pictures too! They definitely made our wedding more special and it's something everyone will remember. Definitely recommend it!

Hi Cass,

The gazebo is on the Tulum side & the Akumal hammocks (beach wooden structure) is on the Akumal side.

Lisa :)

Originally Posted by cm07zo View Post

Hey Ladies

quick question... I know that at this resort there is the Tulum Gazebo; but at which side is beach with the wooden structure?  I think I recall it being the Akumal side... is that correct?

Cass

Xcitedbride,

We chose 5 songs....the first one was played while the guests assembled, the second one was for the bridesmaids, ring bearers, flower girl, the third one was for the bride walking down the aisle, the fourth one was for the signing of the certificate and the fifth one was played after the ceremony when we walked up the aisle to the champagne under the large palapa.

We provided the CD to our WC with a list of the song name, track number and exactly when we wanted them to play and they followed it perfectly. Also, besides the list, make sure the CD has a label on it with similar info as well as bride and groom names (just in case!) Be sure to test your CD in a variety of players before you leave to make sure it works!

We chose songs that were meaningful to us and it worked out beautifully. It will for you too!

Happy planning,

Sunnyee

Originally Posted by xcitedbride View Post

Question for past brides or future brides. :)

the 4 songs we choose for the ceremony, for what part do they play the songs. the obvious one is the for me walking down the aisle. what are the other 3 for?

so clueless..... lol

Ying

Hi there,

We got married on the Tulum side in October 2010. I provided my WC with a CD of about 6-7 songs that they played as the guests were being seated and waiting for the ceremony to begin. We then had 1 song for our parents and bridal party to walk to, and then obvious one for myself and my Dad. We had a family member sing a song while we sign our marriage certificate and then we had one song for when we were married and walking back down the aisle. Hope that helps.

Wow...I've missed so much in only a few days! haha

Waybuloo...I wouldn't stress too much. You are supposed to get married at the hotel you are staying at but I'm staying at Tulum and getting married at the Akumal hammock location because we couldn't book an all-inclusive pkg with the Akumal hotel and it wasn't even included in the hotel brochure at the travel agency. They understood that it was out of my control and approved the change, so it will work out. :-)

Baileybride2b - I was thinking about doing a sand ceremony. I think the concept is a really nice idea but I'm clueless with this stuff. LIke, where can I buy the sand and the vase or picture frame? haha  I didn't see any at Michaels so not sure where else to look. I consider my dress to be formal and beachy. haha  I actually bought a dress and lost my deposit after seeing my current dress. It was exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find anywhere. I ended up buying the sample and it fit perfectly. It was meant to be! hehe  I find Eugenia is excellent to work with and usually very quick to get back to me. I have been the one not getting back to her the last few weeks, so I can't answer how she has been recently. Normally, she responds within 2 days.

Julie2011 - I'm bringing down fabric after seeing Trish's wedding pics a long time ago. haha  The splash of color looks amazing. I'm going to get 10-12 yards in both of my wedding colors. Trish, I think you said the fabric was satin,right? Has anyone else used a different fabric?  I've been asking for a video sample for months and have even sent videos that I like to give them an idea of the quality that I would hope to have. I received an email from them last week and they said they are hoping to have one to me within the next few weeks. I will send it to you as soon as I get anything (hopefully i get it!)

Melmed - I emailed my WC about centerpieces, so I'll see what she says. I don't want to take too much down with me. I have 6 bridesmaids so I guess I could just put a bouquet on each table. haha

As for ceremony songs, I was told that I needed about 30 min of songs while guests are being seated and 1 song each for the bridal party, me, signing the papers, and once we are married. I'm not impressed that my song for after the ceremony is now featured in the new Beverly Hills Chihuahua movie! LMAO  Seriously.....i picked it first! haha  (Michael Franti - Say Hey I Love You...so fun and upbeat! We love to dance and be silly!) 

I guess I will just try my luck in Playa del Carmen and recruit some people to come with me to get the maracas. I need 63! haha 

I will be packing and getting ready to go exactly 2 months from today!! OMG....crazy!!