Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#3481 nikki&owen

nikki&owen
  • Newbie
  • 64 posts

    Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

    I am having the poolside dinner, so the prices that I was quoted wont help you, but I am pretty sure that further back in this thread there are the reception only prices.

    I have a question for all of you about the wedding package prices. We are just doing the symbolic ceremony so were going to go with the Deluxe Package at $1160US. However, I am starting to think we are getting a bit ripped off with this as we are not using the "included dinner" we are paying an additional $1015 US for the poolside dinner anyway. So really we are paying $1160 for the non legal minister, flower arrangement, cake, transportation for the bride, and a few amenities. Seems a bit much. Is there anyone else out there that is paying for the poolside dinner getting a different ceremony package?

    Thanks for your help



    #3482 jcgrant1

    jcgrant1
    • Newbie
    • 7 posts

      Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

      I am having the poolside dinner, so the prices that I was quoted wont help you, but I am pretty sure that further back in this thread there are the reception only prices.

      I have a question for all of you about the wedding package prices. We are just doing the symbolic ceremony so were going to go with the Deluxe Package at $1160US. However, I am starting to think we are getting a bit ripped off with this as we are not using the "included dinner" we are paying an additional $1015 US for the poolside dinner anyway. So really we are paying $1160 for the non legal minister, flower arrangement, cake, transportation for the bride, and a few amenities. Seems a bit much. Is there anyone else out there that is paying for the poolside dinner getting a different ceremony package?

      Thanks for your help 

       

      I'm not sure the price is that far off.  Your paying $1015 for a poolside reception with dinner included right?  That's not much more than I'm paying for just the poolside reception ($845) which covers everything including DJ.  I don't think your being ripped off.  Just my opinion though. 



      #3483 Sharyn

      Sharyn
      • Newbie
      • 18 posts

        Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

        I am having the pooside reception after the dinner and was quoted 3 different prices depending on the drink selection that I wanted.  I went with the cheaper one (guests can go to one of the other bars if they want special drinks that we won't have) that was $5/person for the first hour with $3/person for subsequent hours.  We booked for 3 hours so basically $11/person.  I opted to use DJ Bijan so the only cost for me to the hotel is only the $11 per person.  We also didn't get the canapes since we are having a full dinner just before that.



        #3484 Patourn

        Patourn
        • Jr. Member
        • 377 posts

          Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

          Hi there,

          I just returned from having our wedding on the Tulum side October 27th. We too used DJ Bijan and we booked our privatr reception for 2 hours which worked out to $8/person. BJ Bijan was just awesome. Our guests were dancing the whole entire time and it was really great and easy to work with. We also didn't get the canapes (actually under advisement from our wedding coodrinator) We had our wedding dinner at The GRan Tortuga Restaurant and it was amazing. And just as Jazmin our wedding coodrinator said you don't need the canapes....the wedding meal is quite filling and good food. And if by chance your guests are still hungry where they set up the private poolside recption is right by the 24 hour snack bar. I have the price lists if you would like...just PM your email address.         



           

          Originally Posted by Sharyn 

          I am having the pooside reception after the dinner and was quoted 3 different prices depending on the drink selection that I wanted.  I went with the cheaper one (guests can go to one of the other bars if they want special drinks that we won't have) that was $5/person for the first hour with $3/person for subsequent hours.  We booked for 3 hours so basically $11/person.  I opted to use DJ Bijan so the only cost for me to the hotel is only the $11 per person.  We also didn't get the canapes since we are having a full dinner just before that.



           



          Originally Posted by jcgrant1 

          Just wondering if anyone has received any quotes on prices for a poolside reception after the dinner?  The only price we were quoted is $845 and apparently that includes everything from drinks to stereo equipment and microphones however no DJ I believe.  It seems there is no set price for the poolside reception and that people are paying a different range of prices.  Thanks....





          #3485 ArrecifeStudio

          ArrecifeStudio
          • Newbie
          • 15 posts

            Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

            Congratulations to all the Beautiful Brides !!

             

            If you have any questions please let us know, PM or email us photomexico@arrecifestudio.com

             

             



            #3486 jadk

            jadk
            • Newbie
            • 7 posts

              Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

              Hi - I'm just wondering the prices you are noting here (11/hr/person) is that above and beyond a flat rate for the poolside reception?? I am getting married at the Tulum in the Spring and that is not what I was quoted at all :( Maybe I misunderstood what you wrote!



              #3487 jadk

              jadk
              • Newbie
              • 7 posts

                Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

                Hi - does anyone know if when staying at the Tulum if you have access to the a la carte's at the Coba?

                Thank you!!

                Also, I am new to this post but am getting married at the Tulum in the Spring! Can't Wait!! and looks like I have alot of reading to do on here hehe



                #3488 Angie1017

                Angie1017
                • Jr. Member
                • 213 posts

                  Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:21 PM

                  I am doing almost the exact same thing at Patourn.  Dinner at Gran Tortuga, with the poolside cocktail reception for 3 hours, so it works out to $11 per person for the special drinks (beer, wine, margaritas), and we hired DJ Bijan, who is $150 per hour...

                   

                  We leave in 18 days, I am SO excited!!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by jcgrant1 

                  Just wondering if anyone has received any quotes on prices for a poolside reception after the dinner?  The only price we were quoted is $845 and apparently that includes everything from drinks to stereo equipment and microphones however no DJ I believe.  It seems there is no set price for the poolside reception and that people are paying a different range of prices.  Thanks....




                  Married ~ December 16, 2010 ~ Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

                  #3489 Angie1017

                  Angie1017
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 213 posts

                    Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

                    *as* Patourn...whoops.


                    Married ~ December 16, 2010 ~ Gran Bahia Principe Tulum

                    #3490 Patourn

                    Patourn
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 377 posts

                      Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:59 AM


                      Hi There,

                       

                      Regardless of what side of the resort you stay on you have access to the a la cartes at all 3. My suggestion book as soon as you get there becuase they fill up fast.  
                       

                      Originally Posted by jadk 

                      Hi - does anyone know if when staying at the Tulum if you have access to the a la carte's at the Coba?

                      Thank you!!

                      Also, I am new to this post but am getting married at the Tulum in the Spring! Can't Wait!! and looks like I have alot of reading to do on here hehe








                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users