Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#3111 jennster_04

jennster_04
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Hey ladies, Anyone getting married in august? We are gettin married aug 10 at the akumal side. Anyone else worries about the weather I cant sleep at night thinking it could rain the enitire time
    Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#3112 jennster_04

jennster_04
    • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

does anyone have any templates they can share that they used at gran bahia principe??
      Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#3113 jjohnson30

jjohnson30
      • 21 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

i was just wondering i know some people used different DJ's i was just wondering who you used and how much they were and if you were happy with them??

#3114 KRama

KRama
        • 421 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jjohnson30
          i was just wondering i know some people used different DJ's i was just wondering who you used and how much they were and if you were happy with them??
          We used the resort DJ and were quoted $210/hr for 3 hours (not sure if that's exactly what we were charged since I never did see a final copy of our bill!). We were happy with him but a bunch of our group scaned his laptop while he was playing and were selecting songs all night so we probably could have gotten away with just renting the sound equipment and using an ipod for cheaper.

#3115 midnight24

midnight24
          • 754 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:23 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Patourn
            Hi Wendy quick question...I picked the same bouquet as yours but switch out the white roses for yellow. Did you have what they considered long stemmed or short? I'm leaning more towards short but in looking at your pictures really like the length of the stem on yours, so I was just curious what you had? Thanks!
            i have no idea if they were long stem or short. sorry. you can ask your wedding coordinator she probably would know.

good luck

#3116 midnight24

midnight24
            • 754 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:24 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jennster_04
              does anyone have any templates they can share that they used at gran bahia principe??
              i have a template that i made to email guests (they could print) that i sent before the trip.

it's like a 'welcome/what to bring' newsletter with info about the resort etc.

pm if you would like a copy

#3117 midnight24

midnight24
              • 754 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:27 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Patourn
                Hi ladies,

Quick question for all of you recently married....how much did you tip your wedding coordinators? Just trying to factor in our budget. Does 100 seem reasonable?

Did you pay for your blood tests at the clinic? And I'm assuming that everything else was on your bill at check out?

Also for those of you that had a DJ instead of using an ipod....did the money go to the wedding coordinator for her to pay him or did you pay him directly yourself?

Thanks! And I'm sure that there will be more questions to come seeing October is approaching faster then I thought it would be!
                you have to pay cash at the clinic for the blood tests. they say $90usd each...but we couldn't get any money out of the USD ATM in the Coba lobby so we had to get pesos out the ATM at the hacienda. I can't remember what the amount was in pesos, but they will let you know. it's really quick and easy.

#3118 swankster77

swankster77
                • 233 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

Just checking in ladies... sorry i've been MIA... since we've been back we've decided to put our house up for sale and start searching for new houses... it's kept me busy. I haven't forgotten about my review either. it's on a jump drive at work... ugh i need to get it up soon! Hope you all are doing well and planning is going smoothly! Any questions just ask!

#3119 midnight24

midnight24
                  • 754 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by midnight24
                    i have a template that i made to email guests (they could print) that i sent before the trip.

it's like a 'welcome/what to bring' newsletter with info about the resort etc.

pm if you would like a copy
                    i tried to upload the template but it says it's too big for here.

so if anyone else wants it just let me know. it has a map attached to it too.

#3120 tanyam

tanyam
                    • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

Anyone who got married and stayed at Tulum and did their dinner at la gran tortuga... did you girls choose the set menu or do the rodizio style?
                      So hard to decide!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users