Jump to content

Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#2931 Lou

Lou
  • Newbie
  • 14 posts

    Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:22 AM

    HereFishie, did you have a poolside reception just using your ipod?

    This has been an issue that a lot of people have talked about, but Jazmin insists that there is no way to use your ipod for the poolside as the resort doesn't have a sound system for us to use. She said I would have to hire the DJ and then he can just play my ipod.

    Obviously, not the greatest option... If I am making the playlist I'd rather not pay extra for him to hit "play".

    I'm getting married at the Tulum Gazebo, with dinner at Tequila, followed by a poolside reception on July 7th, 2010.




    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HereFishie
    Our WC charged us a lower cost for children since they can't drink booze. I can't remember what it was though. A few dollars less per child I recall.

    Can't help you with the DJ since we didn't use one. iPod was the way to go for our poolside cocktail party! Cocktail party is after dinner. We paid to do the private poolside one which was great fun!

    Re: Cocktail hour
    I'm not sure if its for all weddings or only certain ceremony types, it should say I think in the documents they sent you when you chose the type of ceremony you wanted. Its directly after the ceremony (it was free for us) and its just toasting. They set up a table and have a couple of bottles of champagne for right after the ceremony so you can do toasts/pictures before you move over to the dinner location. It's a time filler mostly :)


    #2932 Patourn

    Patourn
    • Jr. Member
    • 377 posts

      Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lou
      HereFishie, did you have a poolside reception just using your ipod?

      This has been an issue that a lot of people have talked about, but Jazmin insists that there is no way to use your ipod for the poolside as the resort doesn't have a sound system for us to use. She said I would have to hire the DJ and then he can just play my ipod.

      Obviously, not the greatest option... If I am making the playlist I'd rather not pay extra for him to hit "play".

      I'm getting married at the Tulum Gazebo, with dinner at Tequila, followed by a poolside reception on July 7th, 2010.
      Hi Lou,

      Have you gone over all the paperwrok that you have received from Jazmin. What I have and want she told me was that we could use an ipod but that we would have to rent the speaker system.Nothing about having a Dj from the resort...we ended up however choosing to use a outside DJ vendor who I was able to get for a very reasonable price for our poolsode reception.

      I too am getting married at the Gazebo but we are having our reception at the Gran Tortuga.

      #2933 Patourn

      Patourn
      • Jr. Member
      • 377 posts

        Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

        Question to all you ladies out there?? What's your take on planning excursions and such for people attending your wedding? I hadn't really planned on doing much along those lines and just a rehearsal dinner for the wedding party and our parents. I thought I would just let people relax and do what they wanted at their own pace, but now I’m seeing all that everyone else is doing and starting to think that I am not doing enough!

        #2934 HereFishie

        HereFishie
        • Jr. Member
        • 386 posts

          Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lou
          HereFishie, did you have a poolside reception just using your ipod?

          This has been an issue that a lot of people have talked about, but Jazmin insists that there is no way to use your ipod for the poolside as the resort doesn't have a sound system for us to use. She said I would have to hire the DJ and then he can just play my ipod.

          Obviously, not the greatest option... If I am making the playlist I'd rather not pay extra for him to hit "play".

          I'm getting married at the Tulum Gazebo, with dinner at Tequila, followed by a poolside reception on July 7th, 2010.

          Yep, we had our dinner at the Dolce Vita and then the poolside reception afterwards for 2 hours at the White Sands poolside (just outside the Akumal main). Thankfully we had the wedding at the Akumal and she let us have the speakers for free. You could hear perfectly. We were not paying for someone to press play either!!!

          #2935 HereFishie

          HereFishie
          • Jr. Member
          • 386 posts

            Posted 28 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

            We didn't plan any excursions for our guests. It was busy enough as it was and we wanted people to feel that it was their vacation, with a wedding thrown in... not the other way around :)

            #2936 waybuloo

            waybuloo
            • Jr. Member
            • 306 posts

              Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Patourn
              Hi Lou,

              Have you gone over all the paperwrok that you have received from Jazmin. What I have and want she told me was that we could use an ipod but that we would have to rent the speaker system.Nothing about having a Dj from the resort...we ended up however choosing to use a outside DJ vendor who I was able to get for a very reasonable price for our poolsode reception.

              I too am getting married at the Gazebo but we are having our reception at the Gran Tortuga.
              Hi Patourn.....Can I ask you who you have to DJ, I am also getting married at the Gazebo & eating in the Gran Tortuga. Mine is on a Thursday so have been told I can't use the resort DJ as he will be at the Hacienda?

              #2937 waybuloo

              waybuloo
              • Jr. Member
              • 306 posts

                Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:58 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Patourn
                Question to all you ladies out there?? What's your take on planning excursions and such for people attending your wedding? I hadn't really planned on doing much along those lines and just a rehearsal dinner for the wedding party and our parents. I thought I would just let people relax and do what they wanted at their own pace, but now I’m seeing all that everyone else is doing and starting to think that I am not doing enough!
                I am planning to just give everyone a list of various things to do in the area & then leave it up to them to go where they want. The only days I am saying they have to be with us is our wedding day & the rehearsal dinner.....Like Herefishie said I am thankful they are coming to our wedding but it is there holiday as well :)

                #2938 waybuloo

                waybuloo
                • Jr. Member
                • 306 posts

                  Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:00 PM

                  Hi Ladies, I have just had an email from Claudia Rodriguez to say that the Gran Bahia have changed their policy & outside vendors will now be charged $1000 to to into the resort!!!!!!! They only want people to use their own photographer? Has anyone else seen this...I just read Erica's review & she had Eric??

                  Have any of you had the resort photographer?

                  #2939 waybuloo

                  waybuloo
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 306 posts

                    Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

                    [QUOTE=Erica_Bellerive;1309616]OK ladies sorry it took so long. We are in the process of moving to a new community. My review is not long but I think it covers most of it. Feel free to ask questions!

                    http://bestdestinati....28-10-a-59626/[/QUOT
                    WOW you looked beautiful :)

                    Sorry you didn't rate the resort much this time round though....got me a little worried?! Oh well am booked now!!

                    I have just got an email from Claudia Rodriguez saying that outside vendors can no longer go into resort unless we pay $1000 extra? You had Eric didn't you? Did he mention anything?

                    #2940 Patourn

                    Patourn
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 377 posts

                      Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by waybuloo
                      Hi Patourn.....Can I ask you who you have to DJ, I am also getting married at the Gazebo & eating in the Gran Tortuga. Mine is on a Thursday so have been told I can't use the resort DJ as he will be at the Hacienda?
                      Hi waybuloo....we are actually using Bijann from Mayanvibes. Here's his site
                      MayanVibes - Wedding DJ in the Mayan Riviera - Home I actually got his contact info from another bride on this thread who was using him. He's been great, knows what he is talking about, fast at getting back to you and very reasonable. Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users