Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#191 Sunsierra

Sunsierra
  • 226 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

Sorry Girls... I was fooling around in Photobucket and I changed the links for the pics... I think they're fixed now! Ill post some more in the other thread and link to it....

The linens in the restaurants are white. (I think they are in all of them - they are white for sure in the Tequila).

msareny - Don't worry!! Seriously... everything is so wonderful once you're there, you won't be disappointed. We did the renewal of vows... I don't know if anyone knew or not - but no one asked us about it. I'm glad we did it that way - it was so much easier for us.
    http://i210.photobuc....J-0109-166.jpg
    Stacy & Joel
    Gran Bahia Principe, Mexico
    January 9, 2008MARRIED!!!!Our Review Our Pictures

#192 Sunsierra

Sunsierra
    • 226 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

Here is the link to the rest of my pics (sorry if there's a few doubles!).
      Stacy & Joel

#193 sheryl76

sheryl76
      • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by msareny
        Hello everyone,
        Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum... I wish i found this site 8 months ago. My wedding is March 29,2008. At Gran Bahia Tulum. I am starting to get really nervous. I guess not being able to really do anything until we get down there is very frustrating. Any advice is greatly appreciated. We are aslo thinkeing to change are legal wedding to a renewel of the vows. And just get married here by the court. has anybody done this? I wanted to know if the guests had any idea. or was it just like any other wedding? Thanks for any info. Melissa
        Welcome..Iam getting married at Akumal at the same resort...I too would have liked to find this site sooner than I did, it's great...Don't stress out too much everything will all work out in the end...I was very stress as well but it is out of my control...Do you have any specific question's I will try to answer...Do you have alot of guest's going for the wedding? Iam going with the Renewal of the vows just because I didn't want to spend all the time running around for blood test's, get all the proper paper work translated to spanish, trying to find witness' (as we only have my mother in law to be coming with us) and having to do all the legal stuff when we get back to Canada to make it Legal in Canada...We are going to just get a Justice of the Peace when we get home (possibly a small little service for family and close friends that didn't come...Not sure how much it is different, but I think it will be less hassel...And one more day to enjoy are holiday rather than run around to get blood test and stuff...

#194 steph77

steph77
        • 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

Hi Melissa
          Welcome to the forum. Honestly if it's not a big deal for you to do so, I would recommend getting married at home (just paperwork) then having the ceremony there. It's a personal choice, but I've had some friends who had trouble getting their paperwork after the fact, and having to pay more money to have the papers "expedited" after 4 months of waiting. Not to mention, my thing is having a blood test in Mexico freaks me out. I'm just going to city hall and signing papers, no guests, no mention, it won't be a big deal, so that the ceremony will be our anniversary. That's when we'll be married, not when we complete the legalities.
          Married in the Mayan! April 9th 2008

#195 msareny

msareny
          • 7 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hi everyone,
            Just to answer some questions.. We have 60 adults coming as well as 10 children. I know alot of people. I wasnt expecting such a good turnout. But what are you going to do. Joseph and I were ogoing to be legally wedded there. But last week decided to just get married here. I have sent 3 e-mails to Jazmin asking her if we can switch to a renewel of the vows but she has yet to reply........ Which is so unlike her. If anybody has had the renewel of the vows.. was there a difference could your guests tell it wasn't the same? Thanks for any info. Melissa

#196 Sunsierra

Sunsierra
            • 226 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:34 AM

We had the renewal of vows... honestly, the only thing different (besides it being legal) is not having to get bloodwork done, and not signing any papers right after the ceremony. I don't think our guests even noticed. Everyone is so caught up in the moment, that you don't even think about it.

But just to clairfy... I do know a few people (and met some others while we were there) that did do the legal ceremony there - the bloodwork is nothing to freak out about, honestly! We just chose the renewal so that we would have our certificate asap with no hassels.

msareny - that is unlike Jazmin... but don't worry too much yet! I'm sure she'll get back to you. We also changed a whole bunch of things without any problem, so I'm sure it'll be fine.
              Stacy & Joel

#197 Soontobe

Soontobe
              • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

Hey I noticed you're getting married at the Gran Bahia...what an absolutely great choice! I went to my friends wedding at Gran Bahia Akumal a few years ago, and everything went beautifully.

#198 msareny

msareny
                • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

Hi everyone,
                  I want to switch to a renewel of the vows but Jazmin has yet to E-mail me back... I even e-mailed her manager... We are planning to get married here now on the 14 of March. But Jazmin hasn't let me know if I can change to a Renewel of Vows. Does anybody have a number where they can be reached I have tried but it keeps telling me I have dialed a wrong number. 27 Days and counting... Do you think it would be a problem If i just get married here and change the plans when I get there Melissa

#199 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
                  • 815 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:23 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by msareny
                    Hi everyone,
                    I want to switch to a renewel of the vows but Jazmin has yet to E-mail me back... I even e-mailed her manager... We are planning to get married here now on the 14 of March. But Jazmin hasn't let me know if I can change to a Renewel of Vows. Does anybody have a number where they can be reached I have tried but it keeps telling me I have dialed a wrong number. 27 Days and counting... Do you think it would be a problem If i just get married here and change the plans when I get there Melissa
                    I know you have to be there for 2 days prior to a symbolic ceremony. Another change will be the switch from using a judge for legal ceremony to a minister for the symbolic ceremony. I'd make sure you hear back from them before you get down there. Maybe she is working on switching officiants?
                    http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                    Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                    Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#200 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

Question RE: Ceremony music.....
                      I am working on my ceremony cd, but I kinda need to know how much time I should allow for?

Like, do I need to have one song on there back to back so that the music doesnt stop short in the middle of the BMs or me walking to the gazebo. Know what I mean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users