Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#1761 lm1984

lm1984
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

Jazmin told me that we only have to be in Mexico 2 business days before the wedding date. But then again, we are having a symbolic ceremony.

#1762 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nikki&owen
      wow this thread has been so informative.
      I am booking my wedding at GBP tulum in Feb 2011 and am looking into doing the dinner and reception pool side. It sucks that it can only go until 10:30 though. Does anyone know if it gets cool at night in Feb? I was wondering if I should move my date if I want to do the dinner outside?
      Did anyone else get married there in feb - april. I am wondering if I have to be worried about the spring break crowd?
      We got married on Feb 28 and the weather was perfect!!! We did the dancing outside and it was a perfect night.
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#1763 Jem85

Jem85
      • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:34 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tlseege
        I am having my reception pool side... and yup you have to pay per person ($46 for the meal plus bar service). And I have also heard that it's plastic dishes. I really don't mind. I just like the idea of it being by the pool!
        Hi

Do you only have to pay per person if you are doing it poolside?
        I have a package with them direct, which includes meal for up to 8 people. So is that all i will pay, the cost of the package, or is there additional costs? Thanks

#1764 ~Keira~

~Keira~
        • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

TurtleWax or anyone other previous GBP brides, I'm wondering about the steaming of the wedding dress. Did you ladies get this done? And did they do a good job? Oh and do you remember what the extra cost was?
          ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#1765 KRama

KRama
          • 421 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Turtlewax15
            Hi,
            We did the same thing that you are planning on doing. We just did the symbolic ceremony down there but did the legal aspect up here. We arrived Saturday and got married Tuesday, but didn't have our initial meeting with her until Monday morning. That was when she booked it, and everything turned out great.

Originally when we were thinking of getting legally married down there in Mexico we were told 3 days, but maybe things have changed. Who knows!?!? :)
            Alright, got my answer! Here's what Paloma said:
            If it is OK with you - we could do your wedding on may 12th and you will have more time to review details on site with your wedding coordinator - in case you insist on may 11th, will be fine always that you prearrange all details by mail with your coordinator and do not make last minute changes..

So our official wedding date is now Wednesday May 12, 2010! That's fine with me. I figured I'd rather have the extra day in case I do want to change something when I get there or pick up anything extra in town. So excited to finally have a date!!

#1766 Jules

Jules
            • 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hi ladies!
              I tried searching for this but this thread has gotten so huge I don't have the patience! For those who have already been married, did you have to pay to bring in an outside photographer? I thought we didn't have to, but then I asked Karla and she wrote back saying yes, it was the $90 day pass. Just wanted to check that others got the same info.

#1767 BahiaBride16

BahiaBride16
              • 114 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

Question for the ladies that have already had their wedding at GBP! Did anyone use the resorts photographer Conrado? What was your experience with him and did the pics turn out nice. We are using him for our wedding and Im hoping that this is a good choice :-)
                Thanks!

#1768 ~Keira~

~Keira~
                • 1,338 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jules
                  Hi ladies!
                  I tried searching for this but this thread has gotten so huge I don't have the patience! For those who have already been married, did you have to pay to bring in an outside photographer? I thought we didn't have to, but then I asked Karla and she wrote back saying yes, it was the $90 day pass. Just wanted to check that others got the same info.
                  I got the same answer from her too. I'm just waiting to hear back if I will have to pay it twice since we're doing a TTD session the next day. I wonder if it would be better for us to just get them a room for the night? Have any brides done that at this resort?
                  ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#1769 emme

emme
                  • 382 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Turtlewax15
                    Hi!

When we booked our DJ we booked through Jazzmin, we paid the prices the resort offers, and she got us DJ Bob. We didn't really care which DJ we got, so she hooked us up with DJ Bob, who seems to be a pretty common DJ for people at the resort.

Hi Turtlewax15...do you know if you had to pay for him to come into the resort? Or was that included in the price that you paid to the resort for him?
                    http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#1770 courtneybgorman

courtneybgorman
                    • 50 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

I was wondering if anyone was married on the beach location. They told me that it seats 15 ppl.. does anyone know if we are able to pay for more seating?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users