Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#1741 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

Welcome and congrats to all the newcomers!!

#1742 jennmonk

jennmonk
    • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:59 PM

Hi,
      I will be getting married in July at Tulum and also have to chose between the Gran Tortuga and Tequila and was wondering if anyone has any info on these two restaurants.

Jennifer

#1743 emme

emme
      • 382 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jennmonk
        Hi,
        I will be getting married in July at Tulum and also have to chose between the Gran Tortuga and Tequila and was wondering if anyone has any info on these two restaurants.

Jennifer

I think they are both fantastic!! From what I can remember when we were there...Gran Tortuga had a better food selection (steakhouse)...and Tequila had more of a Mexcian ambience. I guess it really depends on what you're going for. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way though...
        http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#1744 ~Keira~

~Keira~
        • 1,338 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

Congratulations on your recent wedding Turtle. I can't wait to see your pictures!!

I have a question about the drive to and from the resort. Would you recommend getting a shuttle or was the ride not so bad?
          ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#1745 Joss

Joss
          • 188 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:31 PM

Awesome, Turtle - congrats!. I'm glad to hear everything went super well. I'd be interested to hit you up with some questions about your timeline, since i'm getting married on the Tulum side in January.

How long did you have your reception for? Were dj Bob's fees similar to the resort's? Did you guys head to the disco after (in other words, are you doing a wedding review or should i just email you?) :P

Looking forward to pics!

#1746 emme

emme
            • 382 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Congratulations Turtlewax15!!! Glad to hear that you had an amazing time!!! Can't wait to see the pictures...
              http://tickers.Ticke....d6f6/event.png

Bride + Groom + 44 Amazing Guests...

#1747 ~Keira~

~Keira~
              • 1,338 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

So does anyone else feel like you should be doing something though there is nothing left to do? I'm just over 2 months away now and I can't think of anything else that needs to be done. Should I just start planning my AHR now? Or heaven forbid I am missing out on something. This peacefulness is making me uneasy.
                ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#1748 KRama

KRama
                • 421 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:15 AM

Congrats Turtlewax15! Your wedding sounds exactly like how I want mine to be! I'm from Calgary as well so I'm just wondering how many guests you had and if you used a travel agent? The pool reception sounds awesome, definitely something I want to do! Do you have pics you can send or post? I'm curious to see how they set it up. Thanks!

#1749 BahiaBride16

BahiaBride16
                  • 114 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

Hey Ladies,
                    I'm just wondering if anyone is making their own centerpieces or name cards?? I have seen a few brides on this site mention that they are...hmmm Im just not sure if I should go that fancy or if the resaurant will be nice enough??

Only 1 1/2 months to go!!

#1750 Joss

Joss
                    • 188 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KLee147
                      So does anyone else feel like you should be doing something though there is nothing left to do? I'm just over 2 months away now and I can't think of anything else that needs to be done. Should I just start planning my AHR now? Or heaven forbid I am missing out on something. This peacefulness is making me uneasy.
                      Ha! I wish :P Enjoy the feeling Keira.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users