Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
I thought they provide a DJ there? I mean, we are going to be getting married on the Tulum side, and I was under the impression that they were providing the DJ, and that it is $150 per hour... and we could give him some CDs if we wanted? Is this true?? I am all confused... Plus... another question... I think someone posted it before... are you supposed to make a CD with you walk down the aisle song, all that stuff? Sorry, my brain is fried lol
I was also told the DJ would be $150/hr. you can bring your own CD for the ceremony etc or they can play romantic mexican music on CD if you dont have it. i think we are bringing our own i just hope their CD player plays it...scary!

From what I've understood, DJ Bob is the DJ the resort provides, at 150 per hour. We are bringing our own ceremony songs on cd, plus our own cd with our first dance, mother/son and father/daughter, just in case. So far, he has been great to work with and gets back to us quickly. Will let you know how he works out in my review!!!

Good point on it being windy. This is what my parents keep saying to me (they don't want us spending extra money on the dinner when the one in the restaurant is free - I agree that they do have a point, but we are paying for it ourselves, therefore I believe we decide!). I wonder if it is windy now... That would make our decision easy!

• VIP Member

Morning Ladies!!

Alright, let's see what questions I can try and answer today...

I had my poolside reception at Akumal. It was expensive, but i wouldn't have changed it for the world. It really made my day super special and it was awesome.

The DJ was provided to us... he certainly was not DJ Bob... however maybe that's a Tulum thing. It was $150 an hour PAID IN CASH THE DAY BEFORE!! We brought mixed CD's with the songs he needed to play, and then other random music that we would like played. He mixed his songs with our songs and he was absolutely perfect.

For the ceremony we brought a burned CD from iTunes. Just make sure the CD plays in an older CD player before you go down there. When i burnt my first CD from iTunes it was the MP4s and it didn't play in some CD players. That would have sucked! Then on the CD label what songs go with what. Make sure you label the outside of the case too, since once the CD is inside the player it won't do much good to have it written on the CD! :)

For our ceremony we had a song for seating of the guests. A song for Shawn to walk the mom's to their seat and the bridesmaids/groomsmen to walk into (we had four pairs... and our song was about 4 minutes long and it had to be repeated for 30 seconds). Then I had a song for myself and my dad. Then we had a song for signing of the documents. A song for the sand ceremony. And a recessional song.

hope that helps!