Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hey, Does anyone know if the disco is open on thursday nights? I am hoping that after our poolside reception from 8-11 at the Arrecife Jacuzzi bar in Coba, that we can go there to continue the party.

Thanks.

Emilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatLew View Post

Ok so my ceremony is at 3pm, dinner at 6pm...

I am bummed about this, because I dont want guests waiting around for a long time before dinner and poolside reception...

SO I was thinking...

Is it possible to do a cocktail hour to do speeches with some sort of little appetizers? 

3:00-3:30pm ceremony

3:30-5:00pm pictures

5:00-6:00pm cocktails, appetizers, speeches?

6:00-8:00pm dinner

8pm-11pm poolside reception

*** I really wish I could move my ceremony up to 3:30 or dinner down to 5:30 :(

Any other suggestions? 

I have the exact same timeline for my wedding next Tuesday. I didn't get too bummed out about it because I have more time for photos after the ceremony, and nobody has to rush for photos or to the next location. I'm sure guests wouldn't mind hanging around the bar for 30-1hr in between. I know they can arrange a cocktail hour for you, but I believe it will be an extra cost because the resort is designating a specific staff just for your party. For me, I'm sending out an email or in the welcome letter to the guest to tell them the timeline and ask them to chill at a bar or something while the couple does the photos ourselves. These are little minor things that you can work around, so don't get too bummed about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma2014 View Post

Does anyone have any pictures of the flowers we can choose from the wedding package?

If so please could they be emailed to me gemma1608@aol.co.uk

Thanks

I have the flowers catalogue that Jazmin sent me, but the photos are VERY outdated. For me, before I even received the catalogue, I just assumed that basic common flowers were included in the package. Anything that is most likely required to be imported from other countries would not, like orchids. Let me know if you still want me to send to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

Quote:

Ok so my ceremony is at 3pm, dinner at 6pm...

I am bummed about this, because I dont want guests waiting around for a long time before dinner and poolside reception...

SO I was thinking...

Is it possible to do a cocktail hour to do speeches with some sort of little appetizers? 

3:00-3:30pm ceremony

3:30-5:00pm pictures

5:00-6:00pm cocktails, appetizers, speeches?

6:00-8:00pm dinner

8pm-11pm poolside reception

*** I really wish I could move my ceremony up to 3:30 or dinner down to 5:30 sad.gif

Any other suggestions? 

I have the exact same timeline for my wedding next Tuesday. I didn't get too bummed out about it because I have more time for photos after the ceremony, and nobody has to rush for photos or to the next location. I'm sure guests wouldn't mind hanging around the bar for 30-1hr in between.

I know they can arrange a cocktail hour for you, but I believe it will be an extra cost because the resort is designating a specific staff just for your party. For me, I'm sending out an email or in the welcome letter to the guest to tell them the timeline and ask them to chill at a bar or something while the couple does the photos ourselves. These are little minor things that you can work around, so don't get too bummed about it.

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes, the more I think about it, I think this timeline will work out ok.... In the end, I won't feel as rushed. I am thinking that maybe I will have a cocktail hour with a guitar trio playing from 5 to 6 before dinner?

When are you having people do their speeches?  --- Cocktail hour, dinner, or reception?

I decided I'm not going to get a DJ.... I'll just have an IPOD.

*** Does the videographer capture the entire wedding or just the ceremony?

How did anyone get around NOT using the resort videographer? I want to use an outside videographer, but they said this is not allowed. I dont care about using their photographer, but I really would rather pay an outside videographer. 

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemma2014 View Post

Does anyone have any pictures of the flowers we can choose from the wedding package?

If so please could they be emailed to me gemma1608@aol.co.uk

Thanks

I have the flowers catalogue that Jazmin sent me, but the photos are VERY outdated. For me, before I even received the catalogue, I just assumed that basic common flowers were included in the package. Anything that is most likely required to be imported from other countries would not, like orchids. Let me know if you still want me to send to you.
Thanks for replying, I'd appreciate if you could email it to me just to have an idea of what they can arrange. You must be so excited with your wedding around the corner, let us know how your day goes!! Thanks again

Does anyone know if the national bar price includes wine and beer? (17/first hour, 12/additional hours)

I know the International bar specifies that it includes wine and beer (24/first hour, 18/additional hours), but the national bar does not specify this.

Thank you :) :)

Quote:

Does anyone know if the national bar price includes wine and beer? (17/first hour, 12/additional hours)

I know the International bar specifies that it includes wine and beer (24/first hour, 18/additional hours), but the national bar does not specify this.

Thank you :) :)

I hope this helps you..This was my reply from Maria (we have 50 ppl going) Regarding the Cocktail Party - National Bar quote, yes you have to pay for all you guest I have quoted for a maximum of 50 ppl = 2680 usd. Yes in this package also are included the special cocktails options. It works as an Open Bar during 3 hours of the service. National Bar already includes Beer and in the special cocktails includes Sparkling wine which I'm sure you would substitute for regular wine. National Bar: Beer, Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Cocktails, Gin, Whisky $2680 USD Special Cocktails: Beer, Piña Colada Cocktail, Margarita Cocktail & Sparkling Wine $1400 USD

Quote:

Thanks for your reply :)

Yes, the more I think about it, I think this timeline will work out ok.... In the end, I won't feel as rushed. I am thinking that maybe I will have a cocktail hour with a guitar trio playing from 5 to 6 before dinner?

When are you having people do their speeches?  --- Cocktail hour, dinner, or reception?

I decided I'm not going to get a DJ.... I'll just have an IPOD.

*** Does the videographer capture the entire wedding or just the ceremony?

I'm having people do their speeches during the dinner. I've read on the forum that usually not as many people are in the restaurants around the time we're in there, so it's slightly more quiet. I know I will be taking my time with the photos, so I won't really have a cocktail hour. Hopefully it works out. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

I'm having people do their speeches during the dinner. I've read on the forum that usually not as many people are in the restaurants around the time we're in there, so it's slightly more quiet. I know I will be taking my time with the photos, so I won't really have a cocktail hour. Hopefully it works out. 

Since you are getting married at 3 and dinner at 6, what are you going to have your guests do in the time in-between? Since I also have the same time I'm worried as to how to entertain them. 

Regarding the speeches, do they provide a mic for the speeches?