Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic817 View Post

Hey ladies - we finally got our first email from Jazmin about our wedding. In her email she said asked us to choose a restaurant and a set menu. She said we get 1 app, 1 soup, 1 main, 1 dessert. I didn't understand her wording though and I'm confused a bit. Do we choose one of these and all guests have to eat the same thing, or do we find out from each guest ahead of time what they want to eat for each and send that to her?? What have past brides done? Thanks!

That's awesome that you have received a reply! :)

I am wondering if any brides working with Eugenia have heard from her a lot lately??

We are getting married in January and Gina told us to email her in August to start planning, so we did. We have emailed Eugenia 3 times now since the beginning of August with no reply, and now to hear that couples getting married 3 months after us are getting replies makes me nervous :confused: We don't even have locations locked down yet, let alone dinner choices!! 

Hi You make the wedding menu selection and you all eat the same - unless you have made request for vegetarian option.  We had the most amazing wedding meal in the Don Pablo restaurant  (chosen as had the best air con so was fantastically cool after being outside getting photos taken for so long) .  Where are you having your meal?
We are having it at the dolce vita because she only sent us that menu and frutos del mar - these are both at akumal but we are getting married at the tulum gazebo. Do we have the option to have it somewhere else? When she sent us the menu it had 3-4 choices for each of the apps, soups, mains, etc. so basically we have to all eat the exact same dish?? The guests can't choose from the options on the menu? I know for sure there are going to be some people who want chicken and some who want pasta...did everyone eat the same meal at yours then Kirsten? Seems crappy to make them eat all the same?!? :)

Hi ladies I have to write this im super excited have been doing the nutritional program for just over 90days now and have lost 25lbs and 42inches and dropped 3 dress sizes. I went to try on my dress again today and needs altering big time wohoo. I recieved a call today from the owner of the wedding dress shop and she asked me if I would model some of her dresses at a wedding show this weekend wohoo my confidence has come back.

Because of my transformation and energy levels girls at work have also been joining. I am doing a 90day transformation challenge for nay brides, bridesmaids, parents, grandparents etc. if you want to lose weight gain more energy increase lean muscle mass and improve overall health id love to hear from you.  These were my pics after 60days I cried seeing the original ones. Now need some for my 90days

Quote:

We are having it at the dolce vita because she only sent us that menu and frutos del mar - these are both at akumal but we are getting married at the tulum gazebo. Do we have the option to have it somewhere else? When she sent us the menu it had 3-4 choices for each of the apps, soups, mains, etc. so basically we have to all eat the exact same dish?? The guests can't choose from the options on the menu? I know for sure there are going to be some people who want chicken and some who want pasta...did everyone eat the same meal at yours then Kirsten? Seems crappy to make them eat all the same?!? :)

You can ask if you can have a different restaurant but they might say no.  And yes, over 30 people there is only one choice in the menu (except vegeterians).  Under 30 you get two choices of the main course. 

I'm having trouble getting ahold of Eugenia, and my wedding is less than 2 months away. Things were going well and mostly organized, but now I need to change my restaurant. I had booked Frutos Del Mar but apparently somebody has a very serious seafood allergy and wouldn't even be able to dine there. I emailed her almost a month ago and have gotten nothing.... On a really complaining note, if you have a potentially lethal allergy to a food wouldn't you tell somebody who is providing you with a meal!? Gah! Sorry but it really bugged me...

Alright ladies, here are my pictures through facebook.  I've made them public so you should be able to take a look.  We have quite the sense of humor so beware.. lol  The pics were taken by a friend of ours except for 17 of them that we got through our package 

Getting Ready: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.702633263084385&type=1&l=64673d4d3a

Ceremony/supper/night: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.702656169748761&type=1&l=7853470161

Hacienda pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.702862849728093.1073741832.100000131537923&type=1&l=28480e8208

Trash the dress: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.703374073010304.1073741833.100000131537923&type=1&l=e163793443

Pics from Arrecife: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.693432624004449.1073741825.100000131537923&type=1&l=2d6a5e8b41

Enjoy!

Here are the prices I received as of Sept. 9/2013 for a poolside reception. I thought the pool party without a DJ (#3) was only $580 last I saw on here. Has anyone else been given different prices recently?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For after dinner there is 4 options, please see below and let me know which one is better for you (all are per 30people minimun and If dont have the number is still possible as long as cover the cost of each and If have more than 30, each extra person is 15usd) :

1. Pool party with special coctails per groups from 7:30pm to 10:30pm (3 hrs of duration) with special coctails "margaritas + piñas coladas + sparkling wine + beers" + 2 lounge rooms + ilumination +speakers + microphone +lights + dj services and very nice decorated with chairs and high tables is 1´530usd,
  2. Pool party with special coctails per groups from 7:30pm to 10:30pm (3 hrs of duration) with special coctails "margaritas + piñas coladas + sparkling wine + beers" + ilumination +speakers + microphone +lights + dj and very nice decorated with chairs and high tables is 1´080usd,
  3. Pool party with special coctails per groups from7:30pm to 10:30pm (3 hrs of duration) with special coctails "margaritas + piñas coladas + sparkling wine + beers" + speaker + microphone and very nice decorated with chairs and high tables is 870usd,
  4. Free get together by the lobby bar where the drinks are included, just please remember we cannot book areas, tables or services here because is part of the all inclusive

Quote:

Here are the prices I received as of Sept. 9/2013 for a poolside reception. I thought the pool party without a DJ (#3) was only $580 last I saw on here. Has anyone else been given different prices recently?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For after dinner there is 4 options, please see below and let me know which one is better for you (all are per 30people minimun and If dont have the number is still possible as long as cover the cost of each and If have more than 30, each extra person is 15usd) :

1. Pool party with special coctails per groups from 7:30pm to 10:30pm (3 hrs of duration) with special coctails "margaritas + piñas coladas + sparkling wine + beers" + 2 lounge rooms + ilumination +speakers + microphone +lights + dj services and very nice decorated with chairs and high tables is 1´530usd,
  2. Pool party with special coctails per groups from 7:30pm to 10:30pm (3 hrs of duration) with special coctails "margaritas + piñas coladas + sparkling wine + beers" + ilumination +speakers + microphone +lights + dj and very nice decorated with chairs and high tables is 1´080usd,
  3. Pool party with special coctails per groups from7:30pm to 10:30pm (3 hrs of duration) with special coctails "margaritas + piñas coladas + sparkling wine + beers" + speaker + microphone and very nice decorated with chairs and high tables is 870usd,
  4. Free get together by the lobby bar where the drinks are included, just please remember we cannot book areas, tables or services here because is part of the all inclusive

Wow!! that is insane, I was never told that we would have to pay $15 per person after 30..we have 55 people coming to our wedding..that is an insane cost!! glad you were able to get that info..deffantly have some thinking to do! We were never going to do the dinner, just the reception afterwards and NO DJ..Someone else on here said they are no longer accepting the DJ into the resort so I am a bit surprised they are even adding that onto the packages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubya View Post

I'm having trouble getting ahold of Eugenia, and my wedding is less than 2 months away. Things were going well and mostly organized, but now I need to change my restaurant. I had booked Frutos Del Mar but apparently somebody has a very serious seafood allergy and wouldn't even be able to dine there. I emailed her almost a month ago and have gotten nothing....

On a really complaining note, if you have a potentially lethal allergy to a food wouldn't you tell somebody who is providing you with a meal!? Gah! Sorry but it really bugged me...

Geez... that's too bad, I wish they would at least reply to us already! We've received nothing from them yet and in my emails I say that we just want to know ballpark what this is going to cost us so we can budget a little better, you'd think they could at least send us pricing and choices to think over at this point. 

And yes, i agree... that's weird they didn't let you know about their allergy long before now!