Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Martha I am really happy to hear your BIL is doing better. Thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it I think my ticker is starting to make me nervous now that it is quickly approaching 6 months and I have hardly done anything!!

i just confirmed my wedding date for this resort: may 13, 2009 woot.gif

so excited and wanted to say hi to all you as i'm sure i'll be posting more as i get deeper in my planning. i've been lurking in this thread and taking lots of notes so thanks so much for all the info and the pics.

nyssa

Martha, that's great to hear your brother's doing better! Now hurry up and post your reviews/pictures before you move...lol.

jkcz0702, if it makes you feel better my ticker is at just over two months and I have nothing done either! And we have a lunch 'reception' at home to plan the week after we get back too!

For those that asked about the Mixed Grill, Jazmin did not tell me what came with it. I've asked a couple times but she keeps saying the meats, bread and beer. When I asked her again, she said it had less food and options then the 'theme dinners.' Is there someone else that can ask her what exactly comes with the mixed grill? Maybe she just doesn't get what I'm asking but someone else could word it different so she understands.

Because it only comes with beer, we'll be buying a couple bottles of wine. She sent me the wine list and told me to let her know soon or she could not guarantee availability. So I went to our local wine store yesterday and came home with the four bottles of whites - most of the wines on the Bahia's list they don't stock. Oh well, I'm sure out of the 4 bottles they had, I'll find something I like. And I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend now! If anyone wants to come over and help me drink, then com'on by! lol

Oh, she also said that for rehearsal dinners the set up is disposable cutlery but for wedding dinners, it's real cutlery and plates. I confirmed with her that it's still the same price - 35 min at $20/pp - and she said it was.

I think that's everything! Oh, I asked her about fire dancers (they had dancers listed on the new pricing so I thought maybe) but she said they don't have that service because fire is not allowed in the resort.

RyanAmanda too funny how we keep pushing things off lol I guess i work best under pressure. Ask the WC if you can get a list of the food as your are making a menu for your guests, maybe then she will give you more details.

Martha for the 2 cds you made did you put them in the order you wanted them played or did the dj bounce between the two cds?

• VIP Member

Just as a warning... I do NOT think those pictures are of a mixed grill option.

that is EXACTLY the set up that I had for a Theme dinner... dishes, number of server trays, everything.

I would certainly double check on that if I were you because I thought the mixed grill had fewer options than the theme dinners?

• VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcz0702 View Post
OK so I guess since we are almost at the 6mo mark I am starting to get nervous about the reception. We are right now planning on having dinner in a resturant then having the dancing with a DJ poolside.
1) Did anyone play music at dinner? If so did you bring your own on cds and what was it played on.
2) We want a DJ for the poolside did they do the MC, if you had dinner at a resuraunt did you do the cake at the reception is that an option as we do not think people will want it right after dinner? My father was our MC. Turns out I never even thought about it. So they provided a microphone, but that's it. My dad announced us as we walked in, and then there really wasn't anything else to announce. We only had 35 people, so it was pretty obvious when we were doing our first dance, cake cutting, etc.
3) With the DJ did you provide all the music in proper order for him to play or did you just give him some key songs and he filled in the rest?I wasn't sure what to do, so I made enough CDs that it would cover the whole amount of time. What ended up happening was that he mixed my music with his music and it was perfect.
Please see my answers... but I can only comment on 2 & 3