Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

I had placed the deposit with DJ Bob for the wedding, and I just contacted him regarding this information about GBP not allowing outside DJs for the poolside reception. He said he hasn't heard of this, but he has a wedding there this week, and will also check with the WCs at the resort to confirm back for me. So fingers crossed*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by futuremrswarner View Post

 

I had placed the deposit with DJ Bob for the wedding, and I just contacted him regarding this information about GBP not allowing outside DJs for the poolside reception. He said he hasn't heard of this, but he has a wedding there this week, and will also check with the WCs at the resort to confirm back for me. So fingers crossed*

I still haven't heard back from Jazmin or Paloma. When I originally asked Paloma re: external dj fee she replied with the cost per hour for the resort photographer and when I asked about it again, she never answered my question. I will try Jazmin again today and hopefully get a response soon. This whole thing with confirming details 3 months before the wedding doesn't fly with me! We have 46 guests who already put down a deposit for November and we're supposed to wait until 3 months before to see if we can even have the type of reception/dj etc we want??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the response I got from Jazmin today: some of the other dj's are still allowed.

 

 

DJ Bijan is not anymore allow for some issues in our property, nevertheless If still wish to book an external DJ vendor let me know to send you contact with another option
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!  This is my first post but I have been following this forum for a couple of months!  My fiance Sean and I are getting married on October 23, 2013 at the Tulum Gazebo and are staying at the Coba.  Just starting to communicate with Maria and work out all of the details! 

 

I just had a question regarding the restaurant options for the dinner.  Maria asked me to choose between Mediterráneo (mediterranean food), Pescador (fisherie),  and Porto Fino (Italian).  She included the menus for the first two but not for Porto Fino....  any idea why?  Anyone have any recommendations on which one to choose??  The seafood one is out because my fiance doesn't like seafood :)   TIA!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CarolinaGomez View Post

 

Hello,

 

Just curious how long it took you to hear back from the WC regarding confirming your wedding date at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum.

 

It took about a week to get all my stuff sorted out.  There wasn't much left for dates in November so I didn't really have to much of an issue deciding as there were no choices.  The only thing to be aware of is make sure you give yourself enough time before the wedding to confirm details with your WC.  We are arriving on Nov 23 and getting married on Nov 26 and we had to waive our meeting with the WC and need to finalize everything before via email.  We are not even getting legally married there but it was something I wish I knew prior to getting westjet packages and picking dates. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by RileyBride View Post

 

Hi everyone!  This is my first post but I have been following this forum for a couple of months!  My fiance Sean and I are getting married on October 23, 2013 at the Tulum Gazebo and are staying at the Coba.  Just starting to communicate with Maria and work out all of the details! 

 

I just had a question regarding the restaurant options for the dinner.  Maria asked me to choose between Mediterráneo (mediterranean food), Pescador (fisherie),  and Porto Fino (Italian).  She included the menus for the first two but not for Porto Fino....  any idea why?  Anyone have any recommendations on which one to choose??  The seafood one is out because my fiance doesn't like seafood :)   TIA!!

Probably just a mistake, let me see if I still have it and I'll post it for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by RileyBride View Post

 

Hi everyone!  This is my first post but I have been following this forum for a couple of months!  My fiance Sean and I are getting married on October 23, 2013 at the Tulum Gazebo and are staying at the Coba.  Just starting to communicate with Maria and work out all of the details! 

 

I just had a question regarding the restaurant options for the dinner.  Maria asked me to choose between Mediterráneo (mediterranean food), Pescador (fisherie),  and Porto Fino (Italian).  She included the menus for the first two but not for Porto Fino....  any idea why?  Anyone have any recommendations on which one to choose??  The seafood one is out because my fiance doesn't like seafood :)   TIA!!

700

 

 

She likely just missed it. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Katryne View Post

 

Probably just a mistake, let me see if I still have it and I'll post it for you!

 

Starters   Salmon Carpaccio Florentine Salad Assorted Italian Appetizer Soups
Cream of Mushroom Minestrone alla Genovese Cream of Portobello mushroom soup with  crunchy herb croutons
Traditional vegetable soup with polenta  pearls and fresh pesto
  Main Course     Linguine “alla Pummarola†Freshly-cooked Linguini with tomato sauce,  olives, capers and fresh basil   Seabass in a pistachio crust With a meuniere of sun-dried tomatoes, Italian pancetta ham, served with  saffron risotto and urugula salad   Salmon with fresh Pesto Sauce Grilled salmon with pesto froth, served with pan  roasted baby vegetables and balsamic reduction   Chicken “alla Gorgonzola†Chicken breast stuffed with asparagus,  with Gorgonzola cheese au gratin   Filetto di Maiale Pork fillet stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts  and fruits, served with olive mashed potatoes   Desserts   Tiramisu With Marscarpone cheese Pannacotta With vanilla flavour and a strawberry soup Profiterole  With chocolate, vanilla and mokka ice cream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×