Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi!  I just got back from the Coba for vacation.  We were able to make reservations at both the Akumal and the Tulum resort.  I would HIGHLY recommend the Gourmet restaurant in the Coba though.  Fantastic service, and the food was really good.  We actually went twice we liked it so much!  Definitely recommend the Carpaccio as an appetizer and the Shrimp for the main course. 

We booked the gourmet restaurants in Tulum and Akumal and didn't find the service or food as good.

 

Hope that helps!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all -

 

Less than a month away...!!!

 

A few random questions:

 

1.  Does anyone know if you can reserve a section in the buffets? We are hoping to have our bachelor and bachelorette parties eat as a group. If so, do we ask the WC, or someone else?

 

2.  Anyone have good recommendations for bachelorette things to do that would involve multi-generations (we want to stay on the resort grounds)?

 

3.  When did you find out about your room blocks? I thought that we were supposed to find out once everyone had paid, but I haven't heard anything.

 

 

Thank you!!

Catherine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by kluanecat View Post

 

Hi all -

 

Less than a month away...!!!

 

A few random questions:

 

1.  Does anyone know if you can reserve a section in the buffets? We are hoping to have our bachelor and bachelorette parties eat as a group. If so, do we ask the WC, or someone else?

Yes, you can. Ask you WC and she will set up the reservation for your group.

 

2.  Anyone have good recommendations for bachelorette things to do that would involve multi-generations (we want to stay on the resort grounds)?

We had all the ladies meet in the lobby bar one evening and played some games and shared some good stories like proposals, best date nights, wedding day blunders, etc. Then we went to the theatre for that night's show (which just happened to be a Vegas style show girl performance). We then hit the Hacienda for live music and eventually the disco!

 

3.  When did you find out about your room blocks? I thought that we were supposed to find out once everyone had paid, but I haven't heard anything.

I don't think we found out until we got there. We had 40 people and we were all very close together. And don't panic if the numbers sound far apart! We were in building 31 and most of our guests were in the high teens, but they were just across a small greenspace from each other!

 

Thank you!!

Catherine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up to you ladies that were oblivious to this info as i was..... i just got an email from the resort photographers stating "It is important to let you know that for your 15 photos included, our photographer will just stay until the Wedding Ceremony ends. If you want portrait photos or a photo session after wards, we could offer you the minimum Included Extra20 package." So in saying this the 15 free that we get are only for the ceremony witch SUCKS cause i was hoping to get a few pics of myself and my groom included in that 15 :( i know most of you will probably be purchasing one of the packages but for those of you who aren't you cant go "AL a cart" and add a few extra you have to get the full package if you want those shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't feel bad Shellee, I think it's a good reminder for everyone.  And hopefully it'll all work out in the end for you.  Just over two weeks away!!!

 

And on that note, I JUST posted Mariah & Josh's wedding on the blog and I thought some of you who are getting married at the Gazebo might like to see it.  www.faberphotography.com.  Enjoy! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the information about the Spa & Excursions etc...I emailed Jazmin this week about a few last minute things and a couple of room requests....Karla has emailed me back saying Jazmin is out of office a few days but saying that our room is in Coba. I have been under the impression that we were staying in Tulum since we booked, I knew that there was a chance it could have been either Coba or Tulum when we booked but everything to do with the wedding such as restaurant choices and wedding locations were Tulum.....Will we have been upgraded if we are staying in Coba? I had really wanted to be in Tulum to be near the beach and also wanted an ocean view, does anyone have any opinions on which they think is best out of the two? Also if anyone has any recommendations for which Villa to request for either of these?? We are staying in a Junior Suite if that makes a difference?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by gettingwed12 View Post

 

Thanks everyone for the information about the Spa & Excursions etc...I emailed Jazmin this week about a few last minute things and a couple of room requests....Karla has emailed me back saying Jazmin is out of office a few days but saying that our room is in Coba. I have been under the impression that we were staying in Tulum since we booked, I knew that there was a chance it could have been either Coba or Tulum when we booked but everything to do with the wedding such as restaurant choices and wedding locations were Tulum.....Will we have been upgraded if we are staying in Coba? I had really wanted to be in Tulum to be near the beach and also wanted an ocean view, does anyone have any opinions on which they think is best out of the two? Also if anyone has any recommendations for which Villa to request for either of these?? We are staying in a Junior Suite if that makes a difference?

 

Thanks

 

Are you from the UK? If so who did you book with? I want to be in Tulum too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

 

Don't feel bad Shellee, I think it's a good reminder for everyone.  And hopefully it'll all work out in the end for you.  Just over two weeks away!!!

 

And on that note, I JUST posted Mariah & Josh's wedding on the blog and I thought some of you who are getting married at the Gazebo might like to see it.  www.faberphotography.com.  Enjoy! :)

 

Great photo's as always. 6 weeks until we fly. 7 weeks tomorrow until we get married. Can't believe how close it is now. I am sure that without this thread I would be totally in the dark about the wedding abroad but I am really relaxed and excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you from the UK? If so who did you book with? I want to be in Tulum too.
Yes we are coming from UK, we booked with Thomas Cook, we picked up our tickets today so I mentioned it to the travel agent and they seemed to think they may have got it wrong as all Thomas Cook bookings are supposed to be in Tulum? Im just going to wait and see what Jazmin says and see if we can be moved to Tulum as really want to be near the beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×