Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

thank you TSilva! as a matter of a fact i DID!!! and i got great news too!! not the great news i wanted but still good! They have allowed us to have out dinner at the Le Gourmete restaurant (which i have been told is not normaly one ofthe choices for wedding dinners)

Originally Posted by TSilva View Post

Shellee,

After 8 weeks, Maria finally emailed me back! I had forgotten what I had asked her, lol! She apologized for the long delay in response and stated that she has been SWAMPED with weddings (just as Yeemein said). I hope you have gotten a response from her as well.

TSilva

Question for all of you past gbp brides! for those of you who brought down paper lanterns how many did you bring???? we will be having our pool side party at the coba hottubs if that helps

Hi

what did you all do about your photographer?  I think the hotel one is really expensive, would like to know if we can bring one in for the day as a guest?

The other mine field are document translations and legalisation everyone seems to be telling me different.

Any info would be much appreciated thanks

:o) xx

TABLE SEATING QUESTION!!!!

For those Coba brides that have had poolside thematic "dinner"....are the tables still set up as tables of 10?? I am working on a seating chart and need to know how many chairs are per table. Thanks in advance!

I'm takind down 15-20 paper lanterns. we are having our dinner and reception poolside. I havent been told where it will be located yet but were staying and getting married in Akumal. Past brides any suggestion on the best pool location ?

Hi Tracy

We are getting married there march 2013....!!!!!!!! I cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the paper lantern idea.....

What are you doing about a photographer?  I think that the hotel one is really expensive and am thinking about finding a local one?

;o)

Originally Posted by nickieb View Post

Hi

what did you all do about your photographer?  I think the hotel one is really expensive, would like to know if we can bring one in for the day as a guest?

The other mine field are document translations and legalisation everyone seems to be telling me different.

Any info would be much appreciated thanks

:o) xx

Nickieb - you can't bring in an outside photographer unless they're booked into the resort as a true guest. Which I believe is a minimum of 3 nights but I'm not even 100% on that. Im bringing my own from home - but he'll be staying with us the whole week so the hotel can't do anything. But i know for sure you cannot bring one in from outside the resort for just the day.

The hotel is extremely strict about that. So unless you want to discuss with a photographer about staying at the resort for 3 days..or at least checking in for those days that might be your only option. But again - I still don't know if you'd get away with this or not.

I woudl highly recommend bringing one from home if you dont want to use the resorts photog

Wow, I haven't been on here in a long time!! I just wanted to let all the future brides that are getting legally married there that I had no problems changing my name! It took the civil license 4 months to get to me (due to christmas in between) then I got it translated which only costed me $40. I took both the original spanish license and the english one to the bank and icbc (to change my drivers license) the bank was the only place that questioned whether i was getting a "canadian one" i just explained it and then it was fine. Same with my car insurance papers just took the papers in. I mailed both copies to medical insurance to change my carecard, took awhile for it to come back but I have it all done now which is good! Again, if anyone has any questions feel free to email or pm me :) I try to be on more but with the baby on the way my mind is elsewhere ha ha

Also, photos... WRITE DOWN the poses you want or any u think of and give it to your photographer, the day of is just too exciting to remember and think of poses, I wish I had gotten more poses with my girls but our minds were everywhere that day ha ha either way everything turned out great even though my brain thinks its not good enough!

Originally Posted by nickieb View Post

Hi Tracy

We are getting married there march 2013....!!!!!!!! I cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the paper lantern idea.....

What are you doing about a photographer?  I think that the hotel one is really expensive and am thinking about finding a local one?

;o)

Hi Nickieb! The resort has a strict policy on outside photographer, but if your photographer is a guest from the resort then it can be your "friend" that is taking pics for you :). We went with Chris Schmitt Photography (http://www.chrisschmittphotography.com/) and he was so AMAZING! We just got accessed to all our pics today and everything was photographed so perfectly. If you don't have a photographer, then I would suggest looking into him because at the time that we booked he covered his own flight (which saved us a lot of $$). He is such a talented photographer, and will do what ever it takes to get you memorable pictures. :)