Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

I held large gorgeous orange roses, gathered in a simple bunch; and my 3 bridemaids held small bunches of white cala lillies- all bouquets were simple bunches with long, green stems...natural looking (with a sheer white ribbon- no bows)! They were beautiful! 

Since the catalogue is totally outdated- just bring pictures of bouquets/flowers you like....

See attachments:

post-33944-138622328872_thumb.jpg

post-33944-138622328883_thumb.jpg

I'm not a past bride - but I'm currently dealing with my flower situation for my wedding next year.
I agree- the sample pics they send are pretty bad. So what I ended up doing was sending pics of exactly what I wanted to my WC
Unfortunately the prices she gave me were absolutely outrageous! ($570 alone just for my bouquet!)
So - I did some research on the threads here and i've discovered Maya Diseno Floral - Marvin - is the main guy - and he's out of Playa Del Carmen
I sent him the exact same pics of all the flowers i want (Bouquets, boutonniers, etc) and his quotes were $1000 cheaper!! No joke. The resort is a total rip off. I would check into Marvin for your wedding.
He's pretty good at replying promptly AND best of all...he'll make up samples and send you pics!!!

Originally Posted by stylishmeNC View Post

This is for the ladies who have already had their wedding... I am 4 months out from my wedding and have kinda started to get more nervous about the details since I haven't really worried it about it before now, so here are a few of my questions/concerns that I am hoping you can help out with!

1) I don't really know flowers, and overall really am not that particular, other than the fact that I don't like any of the examples they sent in the booklet (have they not updated it since like the early 90s?) If I send a few pictures to my WC of the general idea I am looking for and tell her the color palatte, do you think they will do a decent job? Or should I make a definitive decision and track down the names of flowers and an exact photo?

2) We are staying in the Akumal and I want to make sure we get an ocean facing room... do I need to request this through my travel agent or through my WC? Or both?

Um... I feel like I had more questions but can't think of them at the moment.... oh well, I just post again when I do think of them.

Thanks for all your help!

Yeah its unfortunate it would seem the resort tries to milk you for money when your already bringing them in so much business. I wonder if you told them that you got a quote for much cheaper if they would match the price?  Probably just turn around and say no outside flowers or something stupid like that. 

Ya- im not sure what i'll do - probably just be straight up with them seeing how they'll be aware of the delivery to the resort. I highly doubt they'll drop their prices by $1000
I'll just tell her i'll take whatever flowers are included in the wedding package. A good idea another bride had was to use that 'included' bridal bouquet as the toss bouquet. I like that idea.

Originally Posted by lmadore View Post

Yeah its unfortunate it would seem the resort tries to milk you for money when your already bringing them in so much business. I wonder if you told them that you got a quote for much cheaper if they would match the price?  Probably just turn around and say no outside flowers or something stupid like that. 

I really like the idea of using the bridemaids bouquets in the centerpieces, have it all set up, and once ceremony and pictures are done all they have to do is drop them in to a vase.  Wouldnt work for me though seeing as Im having just my sister standing at my wedding.

Hiya ladies- So my parents just got back from GBP Tulum and they were so kind to do some research for me and take some pics of wedding related things down there. My mom took some pics of both the Gazebo and Beach wedding ceremony areas of Tulum.
For those Brides that are considering the Gazebo - take note of the broken railings surrounding it. My mom asked Jazmin about this and apparently its due to all the salt coming in from the ocean. So if this is an esthetics issue for you - you may want to consider the beach location.
Just sharing what we've learned - have a look a the pics!!
Hope they help some of you!!
DSCN0921.JPG Back up location if you're having a private poolside dinner/reception

DSCN0923.JPG More of the banquet room - apparently they do it up nice with lights and decorations

DSCN0929.JPGThis is a pic of the backup location if you're supposed to have ur ceremony on the beach. This is a nice little fountain area in the Tequila restaurant.

DSCN0935.JPG Wedding at the Gazebo - you can kind of see the broken black railings

DSCN0959.JPGDSCN0959.JPGNotice the broken railings

DSCN0961.JPG Beach location

My flowers were included (large gorgeous, orange roses) and my husbands' awesome boutionerre was included (it complimented my bouquet- one simple orange rose with extra greenery behind it)...and the centerpiece for the ceremony table (white long stemmed calla lillies in a glass simple vase with organic colored stones at the bottom of the vase)...were all included in our wedding package (DeLuxe Package at the time when we booked the wedding).

Each bridemaid held a bunch of white calla lillies ($35 each) and then I had 15 centerpieces ($40 each, one for each table) of separate bunches (either orange roses, or orange gerbers, or orange birds of paradise) at the White Sands pool dinner and dancing reception...LOVED ALL OF THEM! Very simple, yet so elegant and beautiful!