Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Well its only 6ish weeks til I fly to mexico!! cant wait now...... been trying to think of songs; for guests as they are waiting and diff songs for signing reg, sand ceremony etc.I know what im walking down isle too.  I want somthing up beat but chilled at same time .Anyone got advice or suggestions?  what songs have other brides used? Is it best to take them on CD or ipod??

Diego is one of the Arrecife's photographers!

We had 140 guests...so 15 tables and lots of flower arrangements, decor, etc. I hired Melissa Parry (MVP) for hair and make-up which started at 7 am sharp...

Our pictures began at 1 (groom/bride first look) at La Hacienda and then at the beach (with a rainbow)!, followed by a Ketubah signing (jewish wedding tradition) under a large palapa located near our villa and the ceremony location, then it poured while everyone was seated and waiting for our processional at 3:30....then they dried off the chairs and the ceremony at the Akumal hammock location started around 4:15 pm, followed by a champagne toast at the ceremony site, then cocktail hour at Bar El Mar on the beach with Mariachi band, ice luge, and appetizers; followed by our dinner and dancing reception at the Main Akumal Pool from 6:45-9:45 with DJ Bijan...IT RAINED around 9:30 again, and lots of guests just jumped in the pool....then we went inside to Bar Pakal and had the cake and brought our extra liquor to the bar with us....then went to the club. AMAZING AND FUN!

I leave 6 weeks from tomorrow! I am also trying to find songs for my guests, I was planning on just putting them on a CD

Originally Posted by Jemma View Post

Well its only 6ish weeks til I fly to mexico!! cant wait now...... been trying to think of songs; for guests as they are waiting and diff songs for signing reg, sand ceremony etc.I know what im walking down isle too.  I want somthing up beat but chilled at same time .Anyone got advice or suggestions?  what songs have other brides used? Is it best to take them on CD or ipod??

I've been told by the Tulum WC - that you need your music on a CD for the ceremony and for the reception - you can bring your iPod for the DJ to use if you have specific music you want played

I took a CD... We didn't need any songs for the guests while they were waiting because they all met at the snack bar then the WC took them to the site 5 min before it started. We had Soul sista by train for my wedding party to walk down to, Im yours by jason mraz for me to walk down to, Marry you by bruno mars for signing (we did legal so there was a lot of singing, if this is what your doing then have 2 songs for signing) then Good life by OneRepublic as our recessional. it worked out awesome, and it goes sooo well with our video!

ahh ok...yes bruno mars is in my line up so far; and we are having the legal ceremony too....think im walking down isle to chasing cars, snow patrol...hmmmm! thanks

Hiya Sarah, did you get your questions answered regarding the documents, im getting married on the 19th April and have the same confusion as you x

Well guys... we leave on Sunday, so I probably won't be back on here before we head down!!  I can't believe after the months of waiting the time is almost here!  Our actualy wedding is a week today, and I have a fiance who is stressing about weather because he saw some rain in the forecast.  Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

We finally finalized out music last night, and I couldn't be happier with it - it's all meaningful to us, and most of it is unknown songs found on youtube!

Happy planning, and I promise a detailed review upon our return!

Hope you have a wonderful time! Can't wait to read your review

I'll keep my fingers crossed for no rain!

Originally Posted by Megz View Post

Well guys... we leave on Sunday, so I probably won't be back on here before we head down!!  I can't believe after the months of waiting the time is almost here!  Our actualy wedding is a week today, and I have a fiance who is stressing about weather because he saw some rain in the forecast.  Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

We finally finalized out music last night, and I couldn't be happier with it - it's all meaningful to us, and most of it is unknown songs found on youtube!

Happy planning, and I promise a detailed review upon our return!

Hey there,

I am getting married May 5th and just wondering how much D.J bob charged you? Were you able to do the speeches etc?

Originally Posted by Tanya-Karolina View Post

Hello Nikki 17. I am getting married at Gran Bahia Akumal, and we are using Dj Bob for our reception! He was pretty good in keeping in touch with me. Here is his e-mail : boradem@aim.com. Good Luck!