Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Ya- thats why we went with the private poolside reception. I just don't like the idea of sharing a restaurant with others
But I guess we won't have a choice if it rains..lol

The price for the poolside dinner/reception includes a DJ - so we'll just use him and my WC said we can also bring our iPod if we want him to play certain songs

 

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

Thanks!! I'm really considering doing a poolside reception ever since your post. We have about 30 people coming right now, and it would be so great to have the privacy and to decorate it the way you want to. Are you hiring a DJ or using Ipod?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! My date is May 22, 2012 as well! Which location are you getting married at?
 

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

You must be getting so excited!!! My wedding date is May 22, 2012. Are you all set to go? lol. Can't wait to see your wedding pics!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunshine2680- I loooove those lanterns!

Aquamaniac- Were getting married on the Beach in the Akumal section (the hammock.. I think that's what its called). How about you?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies are you bringing a lot of decor with you? My list of decor keeps getting bigger :(. Also, what are you guys doing for guest favors? I was thinking since I'm arriving a few days before my wedding I would go into town and buy picture frames for my guests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, can any one help?????......just trying to find out about witnesses for the wedding. I am coming from the UK, and our paperwork says that we need 4 witnesses, they need to be in the country 4 days before wedding and they are not allowed to be related to the bride/groom. Was all set until we found out that two of our friends who we were counting on to be witnesses may now not be able to get time off work to come to mexico at all. Are witnesses allowed to be cousins of the bride/groom??   Our wedding isnt until Jan but still bit stressed as dont want to find random ppl to act as witnesses.  :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am getting pretty excited but of course panicking to get everything done for our at home reception ha ha everything for mexico is planned, done, ready to go! I can't wait to show everyone our wedding pictures :) hopefully our photographer gets them back to us quickly afterwards :) I officially have exactly 1 month til we leave and 36 days til the wedding!
 

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

You must be getting so excited!!! My wedding date is May 22, 2012. Are you all set to go? lol. Can't wait to see your wedding pics!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Witnesses are allowed to be anyone over the age of 18 at the time of the ceremony :)
 

Originally Posted by Jemma View Post

Hi Ladies, can any one help?????......just trying to find out about witnesses for the wedding. I am coming from the UK, and our paperwork says that we need 4 witnesses, they need to be in the country 4 days before wedding and they are not allowed to be related to the bride/groom. Was all set until we found out that two of our friends who we were counting on to be witnesses may now not be able to get time off work to come to mexico at all. Are witnesses allowed to be cousins of the bride/groom??   Our wedding isnt until Jan but still bit stressed as dont want to find random ppl to act as witnesses.  :-(



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you talked to your WC about this situation? Usually, resorts can provide witnesses if needed so don't stress!
 

Originally Posted by Jemma View Post

Hi Ladies, can any one help?????......just trying to find out about witnesses for the wedding. I am coming from the UK, and our paperwork says that we need 4 witnesses, they need to be in the country 4 days before wedding and they are not allowed to be related to the bride/groom. Was all set until we found out that two of our friends who we were counting on to be witnesses may now not be able to get time off work to come to mexico at all. Are witnesses allowed to be cousins of the bride/groom??   Our wedding isnt until Jan but still bit stressed as dont want to find random ppl to act as witnesses.  :-(



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So our wedding date is 12/3/11! I just confirmed dinner at Frutos del Mar at 6:30. My WC mentioned that other guests will be dining at that time too. She said that it can get crowded. Has any other brides already been through this? I am just wondering what to expect. Will we be somewhat secluded or is other guests going to be watching us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're staying in the Tulum section, but getting married at the Akumal beach location (not the hammock one). What day do you arrive?

It may be nice to have someone to turn to with such close dates, feel free to email me at maja.yycre@gmail.com to chat more!
 

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

Sunshine2680- I loooove those lanterns!

Aquamaniac- Were getting married on the Beach in the Akumal section (the hammock.. I think that's what its called). How about you?! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×