Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Past brides, I need your help!!! I'm thinking about getting married in the Akumal section at the Hammock. Just wondering if the sun got in your eyes during the ceremony? I'm afraid to get squinty eyes :(. Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies, I know this question had probably been answered before but for those that have gone recently, they do take American money correct? Because my mothers airline tickets came with information that said they don't take American but I'm positive they do... Am I right??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You're allowed lanterns at your reception - poolside. I'm not sure about the restaurant though. I've seen some pics and the decor is very minimal in the a la carte restaurants.
We've decided to have EVERYTHING poolside (even the dinner) - and Jazmin told me Im allowed hanging lanterns as well as floating ones in the pool. Just as long as I bring my own.
 

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post


Thanks for letting us know. Now, i'll have to think about another idea... haven't thought about the "floating lanterns". Does anyone know if you bring down lanterns for the reception, will the resort set that up for you? Just curious, is everyone mostly doing a restaurant reception follow by a pool reception? 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do you get married? Because I leave in 5 weeks so I can let you know then! lol

 

Originally Posted by Cynlee143 View Post

Past brides, I need your help!!! I'm thinking about getting married in the Akumal section at the Hammock. Just wondering if the sun got in your eyes during the ceremony? I'm afraid to get squinty eyes :(. Thanks in advance!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have to bring your own string to hang up the lanterns or does the resort provide that?  Also I have never heard of floating lanterns before, where are you getting them?

 

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post


You're allowed lanterns at your reception - poolside. I'm not sure about the restaurant though. I've seen some pics and the decor is very minimal in the a la carte restaurants.
We've decided to have EVERYTHING poolside (even the dinner) - and Jazmin told me Im allowed hanging lanterns as well as floating ones in the pool. Just as long as I bring my own.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hammock Location faces east (if I'm not mistaken), so as long as you get married past noon, the sun will be behind you.  So the only time you'll be squinty is during the recessional, but just smile at your hubby and you'll be fine! :)

 

Also the reason why sunset pictures don't work at this resort, the sun sets over the land, not the water!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must be getting so excited!!! My wedding date is May 22, 2012. Are you all set to go? lol. Can't wait to see your wedding pics!!

 

Originally Posted by crystalz View Post

When do you get married? Because I leave in 5 weeks so I can let you know then! lol

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!! I'm really considering doing a poolside reception ever since your post. We have about 30 people coming right now, and it would be so great to have the privacy and to decorate it the way you want to. Are you hiring a DJ or using Ipod?
 

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post


You're allowed lanterns at your reception - poolside. I'm not sure about the restaurant though. I've seen some pics and the decor is very minimal in the a la carte restaurants.
We've decided to have EVERYTHING poolside (even the dinner) - and Jazmin told me Im allowed hanging lanterns as well as floating ones in the pool. Just as long as I bring my own.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I'm pretty sure they will string them up for you - but I'll have to double check on that

there's plenty of places to get them I think - just google 'floating/sky lanterns'

 

I found some here

 

https://www.theskylantern.com/shop/floatinglotusflowerbr/lotuswaterlanternsbrindividualcolors-p-31.html?cPath=48 


Water-Lantern-Insert.jpg

Originally Posted by andrea2006 View Post

Do you have to bring your own string to hang up the lanterns or does the resort provide that?  Also I have never heard of floating lanterns before, where are you getting them?

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×