Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hey,

One and half weeks, you must be excited!  I'm wondering about Mood Even Services the pictures and this post are the first I've heard of them.  Are they a DJ service?  Do you have prices?  Is the light-up dance floor extra?  (I'm assuming it is)  Do you have a price for that?

Thanks,

Sarah

Originally Posted by cdlillad View Post

I can't believe I'm leaving for Mexico in 1.5 weeks.  I found out that my maid of honor is planning my bachelorette party in Playa Del Carmen using the Playacrawl tour.  The guys are also doing a separate playacrawl tour, and we will meet up at the same club at the 3rd place.  It should be fun!

Mood Event Services - Yay! That's the light-up dance floor that I'm getting too! :-)  So excited!  I will see you soon!!!  Is Melanie one of the girls on this forum?  I have some questions to ask her.  Like, did she have to pay the $90 day pass for each of the DJs that came on-site?  I've already added that to my budget, I'm just wondering if there's any way to negotiate that! :-)

You think its worth it? This is pretty much what I want - just different colors and flowers

Unique_05.jpg

Sunshine - You may want to check with your wedding coordinator.  I think if you show them a picture of a cake, they can make yours like that.

Does anyone have poolside prices that they'd be able to send me?  I'm staying at Coba and getting married at the Palapas beach location (Tulum)... I'm assuming my poolside will be on the Coba side? 

Thanks.

Julie... You went in the ocean with your dress?? The salt water didn't ruin it? Because I really really wanna to do SOME water pictures like the bottom only but I gotta wear my dress to our at home reception 10 days later but I feel like the salt water will ruin it :s

Originally Posted by Julie2011 View Post

Hi Tanya... I actuallly didnt bring down any fabric. The Chairs had bows on them with my colours as part of the decorations Eugenia did. And if you dont bring down any fabric for the wood structure they just use white, and I was ok with that. I was worried it would look really boring, but it didnt. We had them use alot of flower peddles down the isle to brighten it up. I will try to find pictures of what the chairs looked like and send them to you.

Christi.. I was really suprised that my dress made it through without any real damage. It was actually really dirty from the wedding night and when I went in the ocean alot of it came off so it looks better than It did. I hoping after a trip to the cleaners it comes back as good as new

Sarah - I found Mood Event Services on this forum last Dec.  I wrote emails to different DJs (DJ Bijan, Mannia, Discomovil, Doremixx, Mood Event).  I got the fastest and most detailed response from Mood Event, also they were less expensive than 3 of the others.  DJ Bijan was the cheapest, but I don't think his equipment was as nice and he didn't have music in spanish (my fiance is from Mexico City, so we want a mixture of English and Spanish).  Some of the other DJ companies didn't have a light-up dance floor (my favorite part).  We were able to meet DJ Julian from Mood Event in person when he happened to be traveling to Houston in January.  He's fluent in English and Spanish, which is important to me since my guests are coming from the U.S. and Mexico.  It was great meeting him in person, it really gave me peace of mind and we talked about what kind of music we like.  Also, he said he used to work for Senor Frogs in Cancun for many years and I have always loved the music at Senor Frogs. cheesy.gif  In addition, they provide a free "animation package" (Mexican tradition), which are things like balloons or masks to get the party going.  

Anyway, I decided to use Mood Event Services for my DJ and we talked to our coordinator Jazmin to get it approved (she said we will have to pay $90 day pass for each outside vendor).  My wedding is June 11 at GBP Tulum, so I will post a review when I get back.  To find out prices, you can email them at weddings@moodevents.com.mx  The prices they gave me were based on the number of people coming (you would need more sound equipment and assistant DJs for a larger group) and the number of hours for the reception.  The dance floor is an additional charge because it requires setup/installation, but it's worth it to me to dance on an awesome lightup dance floor!  msnparty.gif

Originally Posted by sjust View Post

Hey,

One and half weeks, you must be excited!  I'm wondering about Mood Even Services the pictures and this post are the first I've heard of them.  Are they a DJ service?  Do you have prices?  Is the light-up dance floor extra?  (I'm assuming it is)  Do you have a price for that?

Thanks,

Sarah

Hey,

Great!  Thanks for the info. I'm going to contact them.  Looking forward to reading your review when you get back!

Sarah - I found Mood Event Services on this forum last Dec.  I wrote emails to different DJs (DJ Bijan, Mannia, Discomovil, Doremixx, Mood Event).  I got the fastest and most detailed response from Mood Event, also they were less expensive than 3 of the others.  DJ Bijan was the cheapest, but I don't think his equipment was as nice and he didn't have music in spanish (my fiance is from Mexico City, so we want a mixture of English and Spanish).  Some of the other DJ companies didn't have a light-up dance floor (my favorite part).  We were able to meet DJ Julian from Mood Event in person when he happened to be traveling to Houston in January.  He's fluent in English and Spanish, which is important to me since my guests are coming from the U.S. and Mexico.  It was great meeting him in person, it really gave me peace of mind and we talked about what kind of music we like.  Also, he said he used to work for Senor Frogs in Cancun for many years and I have always loved the music at Senor Frogs. cheesy.gif  In addition, they provide a free "animation package" (Mexican tradition), which are things like balloons or masks to get the party going.  

Anyway, I decided to use Mood Event Services for my DJ and we talked to our coordinator Jazmin to get it approved (she said we will have to pay $90 day pass for each outside vendor).  My wedding is June 11 at GBP Tulum, so I will post a review when I get back.  To find out prices, you can email them at weddings@moodevents.com.mx  The prices they gave me were based on the number of people coming (you would need more sound equipment and assistant DJs for a larger group) and the number of hours for the reception.  The dance floor is an additional charge because it requires setup/installation, but it's worth it to me to dance on an awesome lightup dance floor!  msnparty.gif

Amber Janet- The cost is $5 a day for the safe...but for the bride and groom it was free =)

Crystalz..After we went in the ocean (right up to my neck) My husband and I stood in the shower to rinse off the sand and ocean water. And my dress looks ok, dirty on the bottom but otherwise fine.

Just make sure to lay it out on your deck to dry it after =)

Hi Ladies, Well I am just checking for the last time as Miss Trevett!!  Just waiting for our cab now so on our way very soon!!  Thank you all for all your help  support over my planning process, I don't know what I would've done without BDW!!!!  Speak to you all soon & Danibunny hopefully see you there!!

Best wishes for your big day waybuloo.

I have a few questions so if anyone can help then please do.

1) Does the choice of restaurants for the reception depend on which of the 3 hotels you book into? If so does anyone have any menus to send me (I have the seafood and italian which I believe are in the Akumel section but no others) because this may decide for me which hotel to book.

2) What are the times that alcohlic drinks are available from and until?

3) Do you know whether there are any appartments available which have separate bedrooms in so that 3 people (a couple and a single) can share but still have privacy or are they all just open plan rooms?

Anything relating to my queries and any other GBP wedding stuff you may have please send to mammpy@hotmail.com .

Thank you