Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi guys!

 

I just had a question about the welcome dinners at the a la carte restaurants - do your guests have to give up another meal ticket for the dinner?

 

Also, to those who are planning/have had a welcome dinner, what types of activities/games, if any, did you have at the dinner?

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who has used their friend/relative to take pictures for them.....  How do you know if the camera is good enough quality?  I am considering paying for a coworker's trip to be my supplemental photographer (I will still buy maybe 75 photos from Arrecife, but won't pay for Arrecife to come to dinner or reception).  My coworker's camera is a digital SLR Olympus E-1...he bought it around 4 years ago, so it's only 5 megapixels.  That worried me, because my little canon camera is 12 megapixels.  But after talking to a few people, they say that the important thing is the quality of the lens.  I have printed out some of his pictures and they look good to me, but I'm not a photographer.

 

Melmed - I think people are doing their welcome dinners at the buffet.  And just having their coordinator reserve some tables for the group to sit together.

 

futurewifey - OK i searched everywhere and I think I found the same fans on another website.  http://asianideas.com/nastfa12pc.html $10 for 12 fans. They have 3 different options.  I think I'll get the 7-8 inch wide fans. Is that about the size of your fans?  Are you tying any ribbon around the fans or just leaving them as is? 

 

sposa - That's great...I can't wait to see pictures!  I'm getting married in only 2 months...the time is flying by!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies!!

 

I had my meeting with my wedding planner last monday and I found out my WC is Eugenia, anyone else had her? Is she good/nice??

 

Also, my wedding is at 3pm :) :) My hair trial is booked for the day before at noon then we're doing a rehearsal at the ceremony site and meeting at one of the buffets for rehearsal dinner!

 

My wedding planner was awesome, she got my hair trial and my day of hair all included in my package! Hair for myself and my girls are booked starting at 10am which is awesome, not too early!!

 

Unfortunatley, since I am bringing my friend/photogrpaher down and paying for her as a guest I did not want the 10 free photos that come witht the package but i did want a videographer, hoping we could sub the 10 free photos for the videographer instead but that was a no go, was a bummer but oh well. She did say I was able to request the resort photographer only be there for the ceremony which is what i want.

 

Picked my bouquet, its gonna be white calla lillies with a couple other pink flowers :D 

 

Fiance and I picked our restaraunt and menu yesterday! Practically everything is booked and good to go! I have nothing left to do for it except wait and get my fabric to bring down as my decoration-- which i did not realize fabric can get so expensive! sheesh.

 

Anyways just wanted to share my excitment and see if anyone has had Eugenia. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask! xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Wow ! Sounds like everything is coming together for you! Thats fantastic!
Where are you having your reception?
How were the flower options? I'm pretty sure what I want wont be a standard selection but thats ok
i'll pay for it.
Thats great that she worked your hair trial in there aswell. Some say the trials are the only 'included' hair you get and you have to pay again on the wedding day.
Are you choosing to bring your fabric down because of cost? Or just to make sure you have what you want?

Originally Posted by crystalz View Post

Hey ladies!!

 

I had my meeting with my wedding planner last monday and I found out my WC is Eugenia, anyone else had her? Is she good/nice??

 

Also, my wedding is at 3pm :) :) My hair trial is booked for the day before at noon then we're doing a rehearsal at the ceremony site and meeting at one of the buffets for rehearsal dinner!

 

My wedding planner was awesome, she got my hair trial and my day of hair all included in my package! Hair for myself and my girls are booked starting at 10am which is awesome, not too early!!

 

Unfortunatley, since I am bringing my friend/photogrpaher down and paying for her as a guest I did not want the 10 free photos that come witht the package but i did want a videographer, hoping we could sub the 10 free photos for the videographer instead but that was a no go, was a bummer but oh well. She did say I was able to request the resort photographer only be there for the ceremony which is what i want.

 

Picked my bouquet, its gonna be white calla lillies with a couple other pink flowers :D 

 

Fiance and I picked our restaraunt and menu yesterday! Practically everything is booked and good to go! I have nothing left to do for it except wait and get my fabric to bring down as my decoration-- which i did not realize fabric can get so expensive! sheesh.

 

Anyways just wanted to share my excitment and see if anyone has had Eugenia. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask! xx



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who has used their friend/relative to take pictures for them.....  How do you know if the camera is good enough quality?  I am considering paying for a coworker's trip to be my supplemental photographer (I will still buy maybe 75 photos from Arrecife, but won't pay for Arrecife to come to dinner or reception).  My coworker's camera is a digital SLR Olympus E-1...he bought it around 4 years ago, so it's only 5 megapixels.  That worried me, because my little canon camera is 12 megapixels.  But after talking to a few people, they say that the important thing is the quality of the lens.  I have printed out some of his pictures and they look good to me, but I'm not a photographer.

 

Melmed - I think people are doing their welcome dinners at the buffet.  And just having their coordinator reserve some tables for the group to sit together.

 

futurewifey - OK i searched everywhere and I think I found the same fans on another website.  http://asianideas.com/nastfa12pc.html $10 for 12 fans. They have 3 different options.  I think I'll get the 7-8 inch wide fans. Is that about the size of your fans?  Are you tying any ribbon around the fans or just leaving them as is? 

 

sposa - That's great...I can't wait to see pictures!  I'm getting married in only 2 months...the time is flying by!

Cdlillad: those fans are perfect! I'm giving my fans as they are. They have bight colors on them so I will give them as is. I would put something on the ones you are getting but just a simple ribbon in your wedding colors. Fun fun! Yeah mine are like 7-8 inch fans. Our weddings are getting so close!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


i didn't really look at the flower options because i just wanted simple lillies. my first choice was pink stargazer lillies, then i decided i like calla lillies way better, but they only have calla lillies in white. my day is basically going like this: 3pm ceremony, 4pm photos and champagne toast, everyone meets at one of the bars (i'll choose later) while we get pictures done, 6pm dinner at Dolce Vita, 8pm either going to the sports bar for some drink then heading to the disco or just going straight to the disco. my wedding planner is making itinerarys for each of my guests that have everything were doing and where we'll be at what time and when.

 

Yes the hair trial is included in the "blissful love" pkg which is what i got and the hair the day of wedding is not included, but she somehow worked her magic and got my hair the day of included as well at no extra cost, which was fantastic cuz theres $85 i don't have to pay!

 

bringing my own fabric because i want to make sure i get what shade of hot pink i want, and i'm also bringing fake starfish down to line the aisle with. wedding planner said that they'll charge you an arm and a leg for this extra stuff, but if you bring it yourself, they will set it up for you at no extra cost.
 

Originally Posted by Sunshine2680 View Post



Wow ! Sounds like everything is coming together for you! Thats fantastic!
Where are you having your reception?
How were the flower options? I'm pretty sure what I want wont be a standard selection but thats ok
i'll pay for it.
Thats great that she worked your hair trial in there aswell. Some say the trials are the only 'included' hair you get and you have to pay again on the wedding day.
Are you choosing to bring your fabric down because of cost? Or just to make sure you have what you want?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Crystalz- sounds like a great day! One thing- the disco only opens at 11:30/ 12, so you wouldn't be able to go straight to the disco. I'm paying about $690 for a private cocktail poolside party because I also thought we could go straight to the disco and never planned for an activity from 8-11:30! When is your wedding? And who is your wedding coordinator! I didn't get hair thrown in...

 

Has anyone who has been there recently know if this resort is taking USD? Got our tickets this week, and they are advising that many places in Mexico are no longer taking USD, and I am wondering if this is one of them.

 

One month today I will be a Mrs.!! Very excited.

 

Originally Posted by crystalz View Post


i didn't really look at the flower options because i just wanted simple lillies. my first choice was pink stargazer lillies, then i decided i like calla lillies way better, but they only have calla lillies in white. my day is basically going like this: 3pm ceremony, 4pm photos and champagne toast, everyone meets at one of the bars (i'll choose later) while we get pictures done, 6pm dinner at Dolce Vita, 8pm either going to the sports bar for some drink then heading to the disco or just going straight to the disco. my wedding planner is making itinerarys for each of my guests that have everything were doing and where we'll be at what time and when.

 

Yes the hair trial is included in the "blissful love" pkg which is what i got and the hair the day of wedding is not included, but she somehow worked her magic and got my hair the day of included as well at no extra cost, which was fantastic cuz theres $85 i don't have to pay!

 

bringing my own fabric because i want to make sure i get what shade of hot pink i want, and i'm also bringing fake starfish down to line the aisle with. wedding planner said that they'll charge you an arm and a leg for this extra stuff, but if you bring it yourself, they will set it up for you at no extra cost.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

crystalz - How did you decide to have your ceremony at 3 pm?  My ceremony is currently at 4 pm and dinner at 6 pm.  So I'm wondering if I should move my ceremony earlier.  Also what day is your wedding?  I'm trying to see what time the sunset would be, etc...

 

futurewifey - I know...I can't believe how close it's getting.  The flower girl dress I ordered came in today.  I called about my bridal gown and the store has it and it's being inspected now....wow everything is happening so fast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


saucy friend,

hmm interesting because i was told it opened at 8. but she also said there was shows and other bars we could go to first if we didnt wanna go right away, what a liar! ha ha thats okay, i'm positive we'll figure out what to do. my wedding is Nov 2nd of this year. and my WC is Eugenia :)
 

Originally Posted by Saucy Friend View Post

Hey Crystalz- sounds like a great day! One thing- the disco only opens at 11:30/ 12, so you wouldn't be able to go straight to the disco. I'm paying about $690 for a private cocktail poolside party because I also thought we could go straight to the disco and never planned for an activity from 8-11:30! When is your wedding? And who is your wedding coordinator! I didn't get hair thrown in...

 

Has anyone who has been there recently know if this resort is taking USD? Got our tickets this week, and they are advising that many places in Mexico are no longer taking USD, and I am wondering if this is one of them.

 

One month today I will be a Mrs.!! Very excited.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cdlillad- i was just given 3pm lol but she said that was the best time because by the time we start doing photos which will be around 4pm the sun is at a perfect light for photos and 5pm its starting to go down. thats in november though. whens your wedding? i originally was thinking i wanted it at 4pm but they just gave me 3pm, i could move it if i want, but if the lighting is good then great and it gives us more time for photos since dinner is at 6, i hate feeling rushed :P

 

Originally Posted by cdlillad View Post

crystalz - How did you decide to have your ceremony at 3 pm?  My ceremony is currently at 4 pm and dinner at 6 pm.  So I'm wondering if I should move my ceremony earlier.  Also what day is your wedding?  I'm trying to see what time the sunset would be, etc...

 

futurewifey - I know...I can't believe how close it's getting.  The flower girl dress I ordered came in today.  I called about my bridal gown and the store has it and it's being inspected now....wow everything is happening so fast!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
  • Topics

×