Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi jadk,

Yes the hammocks is the beach, but maybe there is more than one spot- Not sure? Cause we are getting married at 4pm. Then dinner at Dolce Vita and poolside reception with DJ Bijan

Are you guys staying in Akumal?

Are you doing a reception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how many GBP brides there are right now!! 
The pricing is very confusing for the poolside reception, which stinks.  Basically, the dinners include an hour (maybe two of drinks) but there is a 50 person minimum.  I had the Grill option which is a 35 person minimum but they told me I couldn't have it for my wedding because it was plastic silverware.  Honestly, I didn't care!  I wanted my reception outside and I couldn't very well magically come up with 15 extra people!  So after so pleeding I got the grill option with 35 people (I actually only had 32 people, but I paid for 35).  Turns out, I got fancy china and silverware and the full service bar anyways!  So if you really want your reception (dinner included) out by the pool, as about that option.

 

Someone asked about a veil.  I had one.  I tried it on the day before the wedding.  I did not wear it.  It was FAR too windy at the Hammock location and it would have been wrapped around my head.  This doesn't happen every day, obviously, and if you're willing to stand on the right side and your FI stand on the left side it might not be as bad.

 

Natty, if you stay at the Akumal side, your wedding has to be at the Akumal side, which with any sizeable group I'm pretty sure has to be the hammock location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dfranklin - 

 

She said it includes the following:
"1´180usd per 50people maximun and 3 hours of special drinks (piñas coladas, margaritas, sparkling wine & beers) +  special ilumination + sound equipment + speakers + microphone + lights and DJ- very nicely decorated" and she sent me pictures.

 

Maybe its the time of the year - i'm getting Married Nov 3, 2011 ?? More than we wanted to spend but want the whole first dance/speeches thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told to do a private dinner/reception/dance etc. it was approx. $3000.00 well thats what she quoted me.

 

Originally Posted by KRama View Post

I believe the $1000 for a max of 50 people was for the "beach party" reception which included a private dinner, bar and dance on the beach.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Our wedding date is Nov 3 Tulum - beach wedding. Grand Tortuga and then private poolside reception. :) Yours?

Originally Posted by crystalz View Post


Oooh :) When is your wedding?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nov 2nd Akumal Hammocks Beach location :) :) I'm super excited!! Haven't decided if i wanna spend more to have a reception though cuz were having a big reception at home, spending almost 11,000 on it :P Are you doing the legal ceremony?
 

Originally Posted by wesjor17 View Post


Our wedding date is Nov 3 Tulum - beach wedding. Grand Tortuga and then private poolside reception. :) Yours?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to think they just went up on their prices for the cocktail party.  Because my price is higher too.  Mine isn't $1000 but I only have 40 guests and I am not using the resort DJ.  I think mine is something like $720.

 

I'm a little confused right now, because I got a "no" rsvp from my makeup artist on my wedding website. I never even sent her the link.  The RSVPs are for wedding guests.  Although, the link is here on my signature, but I've never communicated with her through this website (only through email).  I'm going to have my fiance call her on the phone, since he speaks Spanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We are at the Tulum - so likely we are at the Tulum beach and you are at the Akumal beach!

We are also doing a poolside reception with the resort DJ (not sure of his name). We have our dinner at the Gran Tortuga.

We leave April 29th.. can't believe it is finally so close!!!! Do you have many loose ends to tie up or are you all good to go?


 

Originally Posted by Julie2011 View Post

Hi jadk,

Yes the hammocks is the beach, but maybe there is more than one spot- Not sure? Cause we are getting married at 4pm. Then dinner at Dolce Vita and poolside reception with DJ Bijan

Are you guys staying in Akumal?

Are you doing a reception?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was quoted $3300 for reception (dinner included) by the pool. How much was it per person for you?
 

Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post

I love how many GBP brides there are right now!! 
The pricing is very confusing for the poolside reception, which stinks.  Basically, the dinners include an hour (maybe two of drinks) but there is a 50 person minimum.  I had the Grill option which is a 35 person minimum but they told me I couldn't have it for my wedding because it was plastic silverware.  Honestly, I didn't care!  I wanted my reception outside and I couldn't very well magically come up with 15 extra people!  So after so pleeding I got the grill option with 35 people (I actually only had 32 people, but I paid for 35).  Turns out, I got fancy china and silverware and the full service bar anyways!  So if you really want your reception (dinner included) out by the pool, as about that option.

 

Someone asked about a veil.  I had one.  I tried it on the day before the wedding.  I did not wear it.  It was FAR too windy at the Hammock location and it would have been wrapped around my head.  This doesn't happen every day, obviously, and if you're willing to stand on the right side and your FI stand on the left side it might not be as bad.

 

Natty, if you stay at the Akumal side, your wedding has to be at the Akumal side, which with any sizeable group I'm pretty sure has to be the hammock location.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We live away from our family - so our wedding we aren't doing a reception here.

 

And no i'm doing symbolic - not a fan of giving blood in Canada - so mexico is def. out of the question! :)
 

Originally Posted by crystalz View Post


Nov 2nd Akumal Hammocks Beach location :) :) I'm super excited!! Haven't decided if i wanna spend more to have a reception though cuz were having a big reception at home, spending almost 11,000 on it :P Are you doing the legal ceremony?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×