Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Hello everybody! I am getting married in Gran Bahia Principe Akumal on August 5, 2011, and I am trying to choose between Dolce Vita and Frutos Del Mar restaurant for my dinner reception, can somebody suggest me one over another? Which one has a more sophisticated interior and closer to water? I would love to hear all suggestions! thank you so much beforehand! 

Hi Ladies,

Some of you were talking about ordering dresses online, earlier in the thread. Just wanted to reoprt that I recieved my bridesmaid's dresses from dressforlessbridal.com, and I couldn't be happier. They are the really dress designer (or at least have the same quality) and Tony the owner of the store was so great. He calls you to let you know he recieved the order, and calls you again to let your know when they ship. He was so helpful. It really puts your mind at ease when you are ordering from a website. Much, better than houseofbrides.com

Hello everyone,

I am getting married at the Tulum Beach in May 2011.  I was just wondering if anybody has the bouquet/boutonniere catalogue.  Also, we're having a private poolside reception and wondering if anybody has any information about the decorations/centerpieces that are provided for the dinner.  I do have some ideas of my own centerpieces but just wanted to know what is already available at the resort.

Thanks and happy planning everybody!

~Mel

Hey! I got married November 18th last year and still havent received it yet...its been just over two months now though but I was hoping to get it sooner than 3 months. I figure maybe they tell you three just to be safe so that you arent bugging them for it. Now I'm getting worried since you didnt receive yours within the three months! Hope it shows up soon!

Originally Posted by kitchenwitch View Post

Hi Everyone!

I hope all you future brides are enjoying the planning!  I have a question for any brides that got married last October, Patoru, etc...  have you received your marriage licence from the reosrt yet?  I know they tell you it take 3 months to arrive.  I've sent Eugenia multiple emails for at least a status of when they will ship and I haven't heard a peep. 

This is starting to stress me out! 

We booked through a group Air Transat Royal Golden section in the Akumal and it was about $1560 per person. We stayed two weeks and it was about $2200 Canadian.

Originally Posted by cm07zo View Post

Oh right! Sorry forgot about the different currencies!!!

I'm talking CAD $

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimesmiles View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm07zo View Post

Hi Ladies!

I have decided on this resort for my wedding!  I am very excited!  Wedding to be July 2012....

For those of you who were married here - can I ask what the avg cost per guest was?  Red tag has some offers at 800pp plus taxes, but also says about 1700 pp plus tax!!! 

My family is by no means well off! and I mean, I much prefer the cost of 800 pp!!!

What were you averaging the cost out for people?

Would be much appreciated!  Thanks <3

Hi there,

Are you talking $ or £?

We have just booked for November 2011 and the cost for 2 sharing was £2246 for 2 weeks with first choice!! 

Amie

Hello -

We are in the final selection stages and are waiting for costs and was wondering - it is worth going through the travel agent to have the deal with the guest bookings or did many of you go direct through say West Jet Vacations or iTravel 2000 type of booking agency?

Let me know - we have also been tasked with trying to keep the costs down so any insight would be appreciated!

Natasha

I wouldn't be freaking out so much if Eugenia would at least respond back to my emails and reassure me that it will be sent.

Originally Posted by CanadianKim View Post

Hey! I got married November 18th last year and still havent received it yet...its been just over two months now though but I was hoping to get it sooner than 3 months. I figure maybe they tell you three just to be safe so that you arent bugging them for it. Now I'm getting worried since you didnt receive yours within the three months! Hope it shows up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenwitch View Post

Hi Everyone!

I hope all you future brides are enjoying the planning!  I have a question for any brides that got married last October, Patoru, etc...  have you received your marriage licence from the reosrt yet?  I know they tell you it take 3 months to arrive.  I've sent Eugenia multiple emails for at least a status of when they will ship and I haven't heard a peep. 

This is starting to stress me out! 

Hi,

We chose Frutos del Mar which is right by the pool and beach.  We chose teh chicekn supreme as our main.  Being a chef myself, I was sceptical but honestly it was very well done.  The plate presentation was beautiful.  Instead of having dessert we opted for another tier on our tres leches cake.  Everyone was vey happy with the dinner. 

Originally Posted by Tanya-Karolina View Post

Hello everybody! I am getting married in Gran Bahia Principe Akumal on August 5, 2011, and I am trying to choose between Dolce Vita and Frutos Del Mar restaurant for my dinner reception, can somebody suggest me one over another? Which one has a more sophisticated interior and closer to water? I would love to hear all suggestions! thank you so much beforehand!