Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi Patourn and Kitchenwitch! I was married at the Akumal hammock location on February 25th, 2010 and am returning to the Bahia the week of October 22 - 29th with 13 girlfriends for some R&R and fun. I checked back to this site to see if there were any weddings while we're there and found yours. Best of luck to both of you and heed what others have said...try and relax because everything will work out perfectly! The wedding coordinators do an amazing job of pulling things together. Enjoy your time and who knows I may see you there!   Sunnyee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Sunnyee!

 

Thanks!  Stop bye and say hello! I'll see you at the disco!
 

Originally Posted by sunnyee View Post

Hi Patourn and Kitchenwitch! I was married at the Akumal hammock location on February 25th, 2010 and am returning to the Bahia the week of October 22 - 29th with 13 girlfriends for some R&R and fun. I checked back to this site to see if there were any weddings while we're there and found yours. Best of luck to both of you and heed what others have said...try and relax because everything will work out perfectly! The wedding coordinators do an amazing job of pulling things together. Enjoy your time and who knows I may see you there!   Sunnyee



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so giddy!  I picked up my dress yesterday from the seamstress and thank goodness itstill fits!  LOL!  I''ve been daydreaming about the beach all week!

 

Have you figured outhow to bring everything down with you without going overboard? I had to buy a new carryon at Winners.  I hope it's not too big.
 

Originally Posted by Patourn View Post

Hey Kitchenwitch!

How go things??

Can you believe that out wedding dates are coming up so fast?? We leave 2 weeks tomorrow!! Hope that everything is going well for you!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by kitchenwitch View Post

 

Is anyonw planning on doing a slideshow?  This is the only thing I'd miss most about not getting married at home.  I mentioned this to Eugenia awhile back and she never answered me. 

 

I'm doing a slideshow. Just a heads up it costs $250 to rent the equiptment to play it. Maybe email her again, she mentioned that she had to reserve it for me. Price is a bit much but I think its worth it. We put so much effort into making it perfect...I always cry at weddings during the slideshow..lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if you have to pay for the DJ if you're having a private reception? I'm bringing my ipod with a fairly powerful ipod dock..I really don't need a DJ for 30 people. Especially at $200/hour just to press play.lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies do you know if the four witnesses that you need have to be unrelated to you? I have just been reading on another thread & they have said they can't be related....am stressing as have already asked my brother & cousin!!!!!!!!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

 

Hi Ladies do you know if the four witnesses that you need have to be unrelated to you? I have just been reading on another thread & they have said they can't be related....am stressing as have already asked my brother & cousin!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

I sent Eugenia a list of my witnesses and how they are related (1 brother, 2 cousins and 1 friend) She said that was fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a DJ, the resort one costs $190USD an hour. Ive read on here of some people using others outside of the resort and it sounds like it is quite a bit cheaper...I just didnt want to deal with the hassle and figured it would be easier to go with the resort one. That way if theres a problem they can deal with it. We are just doing the two hour reception to cut back on the cost of it.

 

Originally Posted by Christina18 View Post

Does anyone know if you have to pay for the DJ if you're having a private reception? I'm bringing my ipod with a fairly powerful ipod dock..I really don't need a DJ for 30 people. Especially at $200/hour just to press play.lol. 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×