Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Welcome QTPie and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I hope we can all help answer all of your questions! :)

Hi ladies!! I'm Married!!! So its been so long since Ive been on here!! I finally did a review as well, but I dunno how to post the link.

It's called Nicole's GBP Coba Review

Our wedding turned out perfect!! Enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTpie View Post
Hi I'm a bride getting married at the Tulum Feb 2nd, just found this site and it is amazing. I am finding out so mny things on here:) :Look forward to chatting with everyone!
Hi there,
You are getting married feb 2/10 at the Tulum?.. I was told that i was the only bride and that they only book one a day!!!!

Welcome QTPie!!! Susie I would talk to the WC again about having more then 1 wedding a day I believe each resort can do up to 4 a day. Make sure the two of you express what you really want so you are disappointed when you get there, our wedding was bumped even though we were the first couple to book the date because our WC booked a bigger wedding at the same time and location we got bumped because we had the smaller group, I would really try to clear it all up now because our WC ended up wasting 2 of our vacation days planning and moving our wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcz0702 View Post
Welcome QTPie!!! Susie I would talk to the WC again about having more then 1 wedding a day I believe each resort can do up to 4 a day. Make sure the two of you express what you really want so you are disappointed when you get there, our wedding was bumped even though we were the first couple to book the date because our WC booked a bigger wedding at the same time and location we got bumped because we had the smaller group, I would really try to clear it all up now because our WC ended up wasting 2 of our vacation days planning and moving our wedding.
thank you for that idea and nudge!!! I will because I am having programs printed with the day activities and times and I'd like them to be accurate.

I also don't want to spend time stressing with the WC coming up with plan B or C. I am the smaller group. The other bride has about 40+ coming and I am just over 20... I just wish they were honest to me up front. I have spoken to the other bride ( lovely Gal) and she is getting married at 5pm and we're booked for 3pm. i am just ,her and I met by chance on here and how many more Tulum Feb 2 brides are there? Are my twin and I in for a huge Surprize, hell we could be Jon and Kate +eight!!!!
I will be sending an email today. Thanks Again!!!!

Yes I would push hard to get it all sorted out now I also had printed timelines that had to go in the trash and I the joke with all our guests is where and when is the wedding because every time we left a meeting our WC would find us and tell us there was another problem with what he just picked.

Keira, the review was great. Thanks for the info about the speakers! Did you just pay the $8pp for two hours and then the speakers, or did you have to pay for drinks too? Or is that what the $8pp is for. I know it is all inclusive, so they are really charging for set up, I just wondered if we had to pay for the drinks at the private reception too.

Your photos are beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykel View Post
Keira, the review was great. Thanks for the info about the speakers! Did you just pay the $8pp for two hours and then the speakers, or did you have to pay for drinks too? Or is that what the $8pp is for. I know it is all inclusive, so they are really charging for set up, I just wondered if we had to pay for the drinks at the private reception too.

Your photos are beautiful!
The $8pp is for the drinks for 2 hours. I think this is really to pay for the extra staff that is required to man the bar for your guests. This cost was added to our wedding package fee that we paid for when we checked out.

I should mention that the $40 for the speaker equiptment needs to be paid in cash at your meeting with the WC. I didn't know that so I had to run back to my room for some extra dosh. Silly me.

Don't worry Keira, I had to run back to my room and bring cash back too (for the DJ).

I guess the WC's are used to that. Too bad they don't tell you all the things that need to be paid in cash before we meet with them. Ah well, the little jog was the only exercise I got the whole time we were there so I guess thats a good thing. ;-)