Jump to content
Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyFTB View Post
Hey ladies....Just got back from the honeymoon and wanted to let everyone know that the big day went perfectly....Jazmin did not forget a single detail...I'm going to try and anwser a couple recent questions on here...We had our dinner in the Gran Tortuga and the food was AMAZING. Everyone loved it! We had 58 ppl down with us and had a table of 11 two tables of 10, 9 and two of 8. Or something to that effect, they had no problem accomodating the odd numbers.
Both my husband and I had never been married before and we had the "official" legal ceremony. We were required to bring our passports and the passports of four witnesses with tourists cards. I was also required to bring my long form birth certificate translated into spanish and stamped by the Mexican embassy. That document was given right to the judge. My fiance was NOT required to submit his (not sure why, but we brought his down anyways just in case).
As for all the a la cartes at the different resorts. All our guests ate/used the facilities all the different restaurants at each resorts with no questions or issues.
Our wedding dinner DID count as one of the a la carte dinners out of the three that you get for the week for all our guests. They are pretty strict on this one, as a couple people in the group tried to argue that the wedding dinner shouldn't count but they got shut down pretty fast....I will post a full review and pics as soon as I unpack my suitcase...
So glad to hear you had a wonderful wedding. We can't wait. When you have time, I have a question about the long form birth certificate. You said you had to have it translated and stamped. How did you go about this process? I am having a tough time trying to figure out how to get everything done. Did you then have the marriage certificate appositled there?

Any advice you have would be great, as we are trying to accomplish the feat of having a legal wedding wink.gif


Heidi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyFTB View Post
Hey ladies....Just got back from the honeymoon and wanted to let everyone know that the big day went perfectly....Jazmin did not forget a single detail...I'm going to try and anwser a couple recent questions on here...We had our dinner in the Gran Tortuga and the food was AMAZING. Everyone loved it! We had 58 ppl down with us and had a table of 11 two tables of 10, 9 and two of 8. Or something to that effect, they had no problem accomodating the odd numbers.
Both my husband and I had never been married before and we had the "official" legal ceremony. We were required to bring our passports and the passports of four witnesses with tourists cards. I was also required to bring my long form birth certificate translated into spanish and stamped by the Mexican embassy. That document was given right to the judge. My fiance was NOT required to submit his (not sure why, but we brought his down anyways just in case).
As for all the a la cartes at the different resorts. All our guests ate/used the facilities all the different restaurants at each resorts with no questions or issues.
Our wedding dinner DID count as one of the a la carte dinners out of the three that you get for the week for all our guests. They are pretty strict on this one, as a couple people in the group tried to argue that the wedding dinner shouldn't count but they got shut down pretty fast....I will post a full review and pics as soon as I unpack my suitcase...
I have a question about Le Gran Tortuga restaurant. Was the meat brought out on big skewers? Or did you get to choose an actual entree from a menu with meat and a side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to do a bit off running around to get the birth certificate stuff done...but it was well worth it for us. You can order your long form bc online and it comes in the mail. Then we took it to a translation service in our area (just looked one up online)...make sure you pay the money to have the translation notarized by a lawyer by the same translation company. Then you need to take the translated certificate to a mexican embassy and they will take care of the rest. I looked up where all the embassy's are in Canada online...If there is not one near you than call one and i think you can mail it in. Hope this helps!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IM1984...Dinner starts at the Gran Tortuga with a small appetizer (varies everytime, and you won't know what it is until you are there)...then there is a huge and delicious side dish buffet which has much better options than the actual buffets. Then all the servers bring out the different meats which are all on huge skewers that they cut off for you onto your plate. There must have been 10 different meats that they brought out...there was something for everyone and it was unique and everyone loved the experience. Our guests kept saying, "we wish we didn't get so much food from the buffet at the beginning" because they wanted to keep eating the meats. you can do your cake cutting at the restaurant or do it at the reception after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know at the Dolce Vita are the tables round or square. We are having 3 tables of 10 and I am trying to figure out centerpieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi ladies!

as trisha knows i have been thread stalking you guys, we are about to book our honeymoon and have decided on GBP! we just need to decide on which of the 3 sections.

 

we are thinking coba as its the newest but also the cheapest for us. we arent too worried about the beach being farther away as the days we do the beach we will probably hang out there most of the day and not need to go back and forth to the room.

 

we are REALLY excited and im so happy to read all of the great info from you girls :) keep it coming!

 

-has anyone found an aerial view of the ENTIRE resort? everything ive seen is section by section, and id like to get the full picture of how its laid out.

 

-also, does anyone know the location of the observation tower? on trip advisor ive seen a few people mention its good to go up early in your trip to get a good idea of the layout of the resort so you dont get lost (haha) and i think thats a great idea, but cant find info on where the tower is.

 

thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyFTB View Post
IM1984...Dinner starts at the Gran Tortuga with a small appetizer (varies everytime, and you won't know what it is until you are there)...then there is a huge and delicious side dish buffet which has much better options than the actual buffets. Then all the servers bring out the different meats which are all on huge skewers that they cut off for you onto your plate. There must have been 10 different meats that they brought out...there was something for everyone and it was unique and everyone loved the experience. Our guests kept saying, "we wish we didn't get so much food from the buffet at the beginning" because they wanted to keep eating the meats. you can do your cake cutting at the restaurant or do it at the reception after.
I'm glad you had a great wedding.

I was a little worried about the restaurant at first. We ate at the Brazilian restaurant at the GBP in Punta Cana and we didn't really like it (although, I think we didn't like it mostly becuase we didn't understand the concept at first - no one explained it in the beginning.) Now I am really excited about the restaurant.

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yippee! Abbie goes to GBP!!! Alright, here is my help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
hi ladies!

as trisha knows i have been thread stalking you guys, we are about to book our honeymoon and have decided on GBP! we just need to decide on which of the 3 sections.

 

we are thinking coba as its the newest but also the cheapest for us. we arent too worried about the beach being farther away as the days we do the beach we will probably hang out there most of the day and not need to go back and forth to the room. Just don't forget about having to pee... forgetting something in the room... and that's about it! Basically, I think you'll be fine at Coba. If it's a big price difference, don't worry about it.

 

-has anyone found an aerial view of the ENTIRE resort? everything ive seen is section by section, and id like to get the full picture of how its laid out.

Yup. Google Maps has one. If you google the Yucitan it's pretty easy to go up or down the coast and find it. I sent you an e-mail of the screen shot so you kind of know what you are looking for.

 

-also, does anyone know the location of the observation tower? on trip advisor ive seen a few people mention its good to go up early in your trip to get a good idea of the layout of the resort so you dont get lost (haha) and i think thats a great idea, but cant find info on where the tower is.

It's near the Hacienda. You'll have to walk a ways to get to it. I didn't ever go up it, but some from my party did and they enjoyed the view. Not sure if it really taught them the "lay of the land" so much as just showed them a pretty view.

 

thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congrats! glad to hear your wedding went well and that jazmin had it all under control. can't wait for the pics and review!

 

this is the aerial view i put in my invitations. use the arrows to see the akumal part of the resort. coba isn't marked separately though so maybe you could figure it out from the pool shapes or someone who's been there before can point it out?

Bahia Principe Tulum beach photo tour, aerial images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×