Sailor

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

I don't have her e-mail, but I didn't have my coordinators correct e-mail either. I e-mailed Pulma or whatever her name is. It's the one that's listed on the wedding brochures. I simply e-mailed her and asked for the Akumal's coordinator's e-mail. I'm sure you could do the same.

I have no idea what time of day I'm getting married, I think that will be ironed out closer to the date. I have not heard from Yuritzia either but according to some people I talked to (and the travel agent unofficially) the WC's won't put a lot of time into talking to you until they have your money, lol. That way if you change your mind about the resort they're haven't "wasted any time". I know how you feel though, you think as the bride you need to have all your details arranged months in advance but I guess this is the way they do it in Mexico.

Okay, so I was attempting to post the attachments that the WC from Coba sent me. They include 2 on flowers, 1 with pics of the gazebo, and some of the set menus. Apparently they are all too large to upload. So PM me if you would like the attachments or email me at carriehannan@hotmail.com.

Jazmin alwasy emails me back within a day or two...that's good.

She emailed me yesterday because I couldn't remember what time we had the ceremony for...she says 4:00...I thought it was 5:00. Oh well.

I also have pictures of the restaurant, bar, poolside reception area and menus. I don't have pictures of flowers though. I would like to see them. I will PM you, Carrie. Thanks!

Does anyone have a tentative timeline?

I guess since we are eating at the restaurant for dinner, do we eat when all other guests are eating too? I never asked that...

I would love to eat poolside, but I think you have to pay per person this way and apparently the settings are plastic...not so nice. Anyone know?

If you don't choose private reception, which we are not, they basically just reserve a section of the restaurant for you. At my sister's wedding(2004 - Gran Palladium), we had a room to ourselves. Was not a big deal that the restaurant was still open to others.

I am having my reception pool side... and yup you have to pay per person ($46 for the meal plus bar service). And I have also heard that it's plastic dishes. I really don't mind. I just like the idea of it being by the pool!

I just can't accept the fact that if I am paying that much for dinner that my guests have to use plasticware.

Does anyone know how much extra it is to have private dining in the restaurant? Now that I wouldn't mind paying extra for.

I don't think you can have a private dinner in the restaurants. And of course you can only choose from certain restaurants. Personally I hate the two Akumal choices... so it helped calmed my irateness about the price for plastic dishes :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the guests could use one of their a la carte meals for the reception dinner... is that if you book at the restaurants? I didn't even know I had other options... My WC has never contacted me except for a generic email. Not really impressed with her thus far, has anyone else dealt with Yuritzia?

If you choose to eat at the restaurant they can use one of their meals..if you choose the pool you pay per person...I am not sure why.

I am assuming the information is the same at Akumal side as Tulum side. Would you like me to email you the info that Jazmine has emailed me?