Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Thanks for the info Emme!

I'm not happy to see that the land title name change has been your biggest challenge. My FI and I just bought our first house on friday!! I guess I get to look forward to that hurdle in a few months!

I FINALLY got a response from Jazmin regarding the DJ/iPod issue and I'm not happy. This is exactly what she wrote:

For the cocktail party the DJ is coming to make sure everything works well but what couples pay for is the equipment, the cost is 190usd per hr.

So basically we pay the same amount regardless if the DJ is there or not? This does not make sense to me. Can anyone please provide some insight on this?

Who has used the resort DJ and did it cost $190 per hour? Who was able to rent equipment to hook up an iPod and how much did it cost you? Did the DJ come to make sure everything worked okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swankster77 View Post
I FINALLY got a response from Jazmin regarding the DJ/iPod issue and I'm not happy. This is exactly what she wrote:

For the cocktail party the DJ is coming to make sure everything works well but what couples pay for is the equipment, the cost is 190usd per hr.

So basically we pay the same amount regardless if the DJ is there or not? This does not make sense to me. Can anyone please provide some insight on this?

Who has used the resort DJ and did it cost $190 per hour? Who was able to rent equipment to hook up an iPod and how much did it cost you? Did the DJ come to make sure everything worked okay?

OOOOOH Girlie you and I are having the same fight... I have my TA working on this ... No way in hell am I paying $190 dollars an hour for someone to push "play". Just not happening.... i have told them Fi and his crazy cousins will bring their guitars and we'll have a sing along before I pay that.... It would not be pretty.... I'll keep you gals updated on my progress... Cause she has offered to allow me to rent speaker from a vendor in Cancun... Damn I think I might just start a speaker rental business in Cancun.

Emme,

Thanks so much for the info........sounds like being an AMA member is the ticket!!

And I love your logic regarding the mexican marriage certificate.....you are so right.

Sorry to hear about all of this DJ drama. We aren't having a reception in Mexico so I haven't had to deal with any of this. We are planning on just going to a bar and then the disco......wearing my wedding dress of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swong View Post
Thank you very much Jackie, the info given are very useful! I have been trying to look for contacts for a wedding coordinator at BH. I just sent out an email, do you think I should call them as well?
Here is the email address of Paloma Flores the Event Manager at GBP who will assign you a wedding coordinator: groupsmx@bahia-principe.com. But be prepared to have some patience because it can take 1-3 weeks for a response! I have never called so I'm not sure if you would have any luck going that route... Good luck :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereFishie View Post
I've seen alot of different names of WC's for this resort. Who is yours?

Ours is Eugenia. Anyone else have/had her? Is she any good??
I was under the impression that each section had their own coordinators (Coba, Tulum & Akumal)...

Our coordinator is Jazmin... so far so good except the inconsistency with some information she's given me compared to what the girls on here have experienced. I know it will all work out but it's still frustrating when money is involved :)

Hi Ladies

We are staying at the Coba, and our wedding coordinator is Karla. She has been really great so far and quick with the responses. When we dealt with Paloma initially she took a bit longer to reply but still no issues to complain about.

Although we have not set up all of our plans yet, so I am hoping we don't get the same inconsistency that some of you have had with pricing and the other things they offer. We don't want a DJ either and we were hoping to use the ipod, so I will let you know what they tell us.

Lorina