Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNeil View Post
Arrecife Studio has been taking a VERY long time to respond to my emails and doesn't seem to be giving me a straight answer. My only concern is whether or not we will have our wedding video in time for our AHR, but I don't think he even addressed this in the reply I received today.
This is the email that I received today:
FYI my name is TeNeil (not Monique)......

> Dear Monique:
>
> Thank you so much for your email!! I hope that you had the
> greatest week and an amazing weekend is about to come...
>
> The truth is that most of the brides have acknowleged quite well
> the change; specially since they love our work, realize the security
> and options that being the resort´s official photographer bring and
> also, the fact that we are taking off the deposit they gave to other
> photographers. That last concernis the biggest one and it´s been
> solved. Also, rememeber that for outside vendors; day passes were
> required; which now you can spend it in hair, make up, flowers, etc.
>
> I am sending some more pictures of our work... I hope you love em.
>
> I´ll talk to you soon! receive my blessings!!
This is the exact same email I got yesterday. I am NOT happy to say the least. In my opinion his work does not even compare to Claudia Rodriguez, who I have already paid a deposit for. I'm still deciding on how to handle this situation. No one contacted me regarding the change in policy either, I just heard about it on here. The last email I have from Karla said it was fine to bring someone in, they would just have to pay the day fee. Keep the info coming if anyone hears something new!

Got two emails today: one from Russ (Arrecife Studio) and one from Paloma. It clearly stated that we are NOT allowed to bring in an outside vendor, even though we have paid a deposit to Claudia and were never told about the new policy. Congrats to those of you that had "unique circumstances" and are able to stick with your photographer!! (But I'm definitely jealous!!)

I'm quite sad because I love Claudia's work.......and the resort pics don't even come close in quality.

Now I'm just waiting for a price list from Arrecife.

Not the outcome that I wanted (to say the least), but now I just want to get over it and enjoy the rest of planning.

Okay. So I got a response from the hotel aswell. The Roser person. This is the email....

I hope this email finds you well and an awesome weekend is about to come.

I am very sorry but I haven´t received any email. Maybea system break down sad.gif anyway...

The photographer does not have a website still, but I am attaching more pictures of his work... they are awesome!!!! I understand that being away can be a bit complicated regarding the wedding planning, but you can be positive that we are the only on site photographers with years of experience and relationship in Bahia Princioe; which will give you the certainty of the quality of our work and the reasurance of being part of the resort you choose for this unique moment. :)

We will be vey happy to create a unique nd wonderfull experience capturing all the love and joy of this once in a life time occasion.

Have a blessed day.

Roser

I cannot seem to attach the photos....I have no idea why I cannot figure this small thing out on this site. They did send more photos and all I can say is on a scale of 1-10 with Claudia being a 10 I would rank these photos around a 3. I was involved in this industry for about 12 years before I retired from it and these photos would be a far cry from what any of us would have wanted in our portfolios - that of course being my opinion. I am sorry I cannot upload them (I am trying to learn this but it seems I am slow at it), but for those of you who would like me to send you what the resort sent to me, please send me your email address. I do not mind sending them out to you guys to make your own decision. I hope I am not breaking a rule for this post by offering this....but my email address is rayaisme@telus.net

• VIP Member

Raykel, to upload photos onto this website, just start an account on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Then upload your photos there. After doing that you'll get an IMG code. simply copy that and paste it into your reply!

I hope that helps.

if anyone gets a price list from this resort photographer I would be very interested in seeing it.

And has anyone received a response regarding having a family friend photograph your wedding (aka flying a photographer in and having them stay at the resort as a guest?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLee147 View Post
I have a quick question for ladies that have already been to the resort. I tried searching the thread but I couldn't find anything on if there is a cost for the in room safe. If there is can anyone remember what the cost might have been?

Thanks!
Hi Keira...I am soooooooo excited for you...you leave on Saturday!!!!!! Have an absolutely wonderful time :)

As far as the safe goes...we've been to the resort twice...once flying with Air Transat and we had to pay for the safe which was about $5 per day ($35 USD for the week)...and for our wedding, we went with Air Canada Vacations and the whole group received all of their safes for free!!

One thing that I should strongly recommend to everyone is that you need to know what is included with your tour operator!!

The front desk people tried to charge some of our guests for safes (ACV is free)...and make sure you ASK for a safe lock / key because they didn't offer it and some of our guests had to go back the next day to line it up.

Also, ACV has a contract in place where the late check out is available (at no charge) based on availability. We didn't leave the resort until 5pm so late check out was a bonus...BUT...it took me 45 minutes to convince the front desk person that our group didn't have to pay $10 an hour for a late check out...AND...we only ended up with about 1/2 the rooms with a late checkout which was okay because people just put their luggage in other rooms for the afternoon.

If you know what your "extras" are...print it out and keep it handy in case you need it.

OH!! And one more important thing about paperwork!! I had MANY suitcases going down there because we took a bunch of our own wedding decorations and supplies (program fans, tealight holders, bug spray wipes, etc...) and I got the "red light" going through customs in Mexico. They went through all of my bags, asked me if the items were gifts for people, as well as a few other questions. I answered their questions and told them that I had receipts for everything so they they took a look at my receipts...and then they let me go through. I can't say what would have happened if I didn't have any receipts...but I'm glad that I did...just in case.

Okay...and just one more tip...LOL!! Bring bug spray!! We have Watkins insect repellant cream and it worked wonders!! At dusk and at night, there are sooooo many mosquitos. That was the biggest complaint...and the fact that it was the hottest freakin' October in like 9 years or something like that!! It was HOT!! 41 degrees one day with 100% humidity!! Crazy...but just a good reason to stay in the pool and drink :)

Emme, I totally second the bug spray suggestion. We had our welcome dinner at the Akumal buffet and they opened the windows to cool things down, and everyone got eaten!!! We bought some of the bug spray at the resort store for like $10.... so yea... bring your own!

I wish there was a "poke" action like on Facebook... Emme.... review!?! I can't wait!!

Thanks for the heads up on the "extras" Emma. I have no idea what is included in ours so I will ask my TA about that today.

An even bigger thank you for the suggestion about reciepts. I never would have thought that I would need to bring all that stuff with me. I've got one suite case filled with our wedding stuff and all I did was print out a note saying these items are for our wedding at GBP and the week we're staying there. I will surely be brining my reciepts now!

Sorry to those who are annoyed with all of the photographer drama, but I received yet another email today.......the drama continues.

The last I heard was the resort telling me NO to outside photographers. Today Claudia emailed me and said that she worked out a deal with the resort for those brides that have already paid a deposit with her. I am waiting to hear back from the resort to confirm, but this is really good news. I hope that it works out....Claudia's work is amazing!