Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• VIP Member

That is vague. I think they are trying to dance around the issue because they make money if you book their photographer. But she clearly doesn't say that you CAN'T have your own photographer. Hmmm... that stinks.

I am getting married at BHP Akumal in less than 3 months...we booked our photographer/videographer for 4 days..flight/hotel and this was ONLY after I specifically asked repeatedly and in detail if they were allowed to come in...I got confirmation several times from Yuritzia as well as Paloma that this was fine..I also had to check with the consulate to make sure they don't require a work permit since they will have all their equipment..I am printing every piece of documentation I can find just in case...but I did get an email stating something about no outside vendors and I freaked...Yuritzia and Paloma assured me that we can bring in our Canadian photographers but I did not hear anything about 90 dollar USD charge...hmmmm.

My thoughts were the same. The response I got from Karla was that I was allowed to have the local photographer I hired before all this malarky. She made it sound like they were going to be putting a stop to the outside vendors (photography anyways) but had to respect girls that had already made outside arrangements.

If you're bringing your photographer and paying for them to stay on the resort, I think that is another story. Since they are a "guest" there is no day pass necessary. I'm not even sure if they would be considered a vendor because you could say they're related to you and so they're doing your pictures as a wedding gift.

Welcome to Midnight24, Raykel and Mike&Wendy!!! :) Congratulations and happy planning!!

Oh my gosh, Nicole and Emme are already gone to Mexico. I cannot wait to read their reviews!! eeeks.

Swocanadianbride - I'm originally from London too! small world. I don't have a template for a welcome letter... we ended up writing individual notes by hand. We grabbed some Bahia Principe letterhead at the front desk, wrote these for the guests the night before they arrived and made sure to include our room number and how they could reach us. Then we dropped them off at the front desk and they delivered these for free... whereas delivery of the OOT bags would have been $2/ea. Then we also did OOT bags that we handed out at the welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner. On the outside they said "Welcome to Mexico. Thank you for joining us. We hope you enjoy your stay." (Kinda hard to see in the pic attached.)

a>

Group Rates - we didn't end up doing a group rate because people were coming from all different directions. Most of our guests booked through Expedia or Orbitz or directly through the hotel website. The best rates seemed to be around 8 months before the wedding, and exactly one month before the wedding (but no later bc the guests that booked last min ended up paying really steep rates.) HTH.

Okay ladies. I copied and pasted the two comments I got from Paloma - but this may be for those who are just now booking...of course we were not told at the time we booked. It was after I inquired.....

no to external local photographers...

They are Arrecife studio, and is a company that belongs to the same owner of the Resort chain, so I am sure you will have great experience with them..., I am copying them in this mail,

Claudia has told me her meeting on Friday is with Arrecife Studio at the resort, so maybe they are working something out where she has to pay them a fee to come onto the resort? I am not sure. I do know that I already have a back up in the works coming from Canada. If they are coming with us for the trip as our quests, I don't think they count as a vendor...that would be using someone from Mexico. How can they decide who takes your pictures out of your guests?

As soon as I hear back from Claudia I will let you know.

Sorry...I cannot figure out how to quote you guys when I respond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykel View Post
Just found out we officially have 31 people confirmed...not counting kids! Woohoo!
Raykel that is great news!! Planning is coming along quite nicely sounds like!

As for photographers... my goodness the confusion with all the resort photographer business. I'm sorry all the new brides have to deal with this. From what it sounds like in the email from the WC, you would still be able to have a photographer who happens also to be a guest at the resort. I think that sounds fair, bc like you were saying if the photographer is a guest at the resort, then who is to say they can't take pictures for you. I'm glad you have the backup plan to bring a photographer from Canada. A few of us here on the board brought photographers with us and were really really happy with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jananaz View Post
You gonna dress up on the plane!? btw, I still crack up every time I see your siggy.

How excited are you... just a couple weeks before you head out! :)
I don't think I'm going to be dressing up on the plane. I want to make sure I'm comfortable being sat for so long. I do have a veil that I could wear and a bride tank top but other then that nada. How boring eh?

I am getting really excited!! We leave in 17 days today (not that I'm counting or anything, lol) and I'm pretty set up. I just have to pick up my dress and have my reception dress dry cleaned. Other then that all my wedding stuff is all packed up and ready to go. Woot! Whoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykel View Post
Sorry...I cannot figure out how to quote you guys when I respond!
At the bottom right have corner of each post there are 3 little buttons. The MQ one is to do a "multi-quote" like I've done here. You click the MQ on each post you want to respond to and then MQ and quote on the last one.

To quote just one message just click the quote button and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps out!

I literally have searched thru this site for hrs,I`ll be writing the english and my fh can write the spanish. We`ll be giving our OOT bags and letters out at our welcome dinner that we booked with Karla, on the eve on of arrival.

I see ur not in London anylonger. If I am seeing right, ur in Texas now? I sure do envy u, getting to be quite frosty here... 4 1/2 weeks and we also will be warm... Thanks for the Advice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elena

Swocanadianbride - I'm originally from London too! small world. I don't have a template for a welcome letter... we ended up writing individual notes by hand. We grabbed some Bahia Principe letterhead at the front desk, wrote these for the guests the night before they arrived and made sure to include our room number and how they could reach us. Then we dropped them off at the front desk and they delivered these for free... whereas delivery of the OOT bags would have been $2/ea. Then we also did OOT bags that we handed out at the welcome dinner/rehearsal dinner. On the outside they said "Welcome to Mexico. Thank you for joining us. We hope you enjoy your stay." (Kinda hard to see in the pic attached.)

a>

Group Rates - we didn't end up doing a group rate because people were coming from all different directions. Most of our guests booked through Expedia or Orbitz or directly through the hotel website. The best rates seemed to be around 8 months before the wedding, and exactly one month before the wedding (but no later bc the guests that booked last min ended up paying really steep rates.) HTH.