Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
morning girls! just got back saturday from GBPT, we had an amazing fantabulous honeymoon, and im working on a review with pics. its not a wedding, but hopefully it will quench your thirst :) the hotel was perfect for us, i sure hope you all like it as much as we did!

give me a couple days to finish sorting pics (we took over 1500!!) and write a review, ill post it in the RM section, and a link here.
Hey Abbie, I saw someone with one of your cups while I was at the resort. I was probably on the resort for your wedding, and I didn't even realize it!

i'm with you heidi. i was supposed to leave in 10 days. i've been crying for the last 3 hours. wtf are we supposed to do now? trying to find another destination but even if we do are we going to find a wedding? photographer? probably not. ffs. back to crying

Hello fellow brides,

My fiance and I will be getting married at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum on 12-2-09. Our wedding coordinator is Jazmin. We just booked the wedding a couple of weeks ago and so far Jazmin has been pretty responsive via email.

I do have a few questions that I a hoping that someone will be able to answer...

1. Has anyone used Conrado photography thru this resort? If so, were you happy with the pictures? We have also looked into using Claudia Cantarell, but she is three times as expensive, so I am not sure that we can afford it.

2. We have to choose between the dinner being at Tequila or La Gran Tortuga. Any advice?

3. As far as a reception, we would like to do something unconventional. We were thinking of maybe taking our guests on a short boat cruise. Has anyone else done something different than the typical DJ and dancing or going to the disco at the resort?

Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by calchik View Post
i'm with you heidi. i was supposed to leave in 10 days. i've been crying for the last 3 hours. wtf are we supposed to do now? trying to find another destination but even if we do are we going to find a wedding? photographer? probably not. ffs. back to crying
I've been crying for about 7 now, had to call in sick to work, couldn't even think about going in. Have you been presented with any other options. I am bare minium hoping the trip can be replaced for the sake of our guest, but awfully sad that all my wedding planning, gifts, dates, ceremony, the works, is out the window. My only hope now is that "IF" I get a new destination I can bribe someone into offering some sort of ceremony... back to answering phone calls and crying...

i found out at work and had to leave cuz i was crying so hard. i already told my boss i'm working from home tomorrow so i can cry in solitude while working.

we're considering pushing our trip out til we get back from our honeymoon in june. yes, honeymoon before the wedding, awesome. we don't care where. cuba, dominican, jamaica. then we'll pray someone has canceled, we can get married, have a reception and magically find a professional photographer. there's nothing else we can do. even if we still make it to mexico some how we've already been told by some of our guests they probably wouldn't come, including the best man.

there goes a year of work. counting down the days in excitement. to have the whole thing be canceled. i planned my perfect wedding and now i know i'll have a wedding however it ends up because i was forced to, not how i wanted it. and the crying has started again. my eyes hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi_lk View Post
It was the airline that suspended all travel. Our TA is trying to send us somewhere else, but she is giving us a 2% chance of that working out. I'm just so sad, sitting here looking at my box of wedding favours and such, a home ceremony is a good idea though, with a later destination part, not not what I had envisioned... never felt so lost.

To make matters worse the travel company is being horrible. I paid for most of my family and I couldnt afford insurance for everyone and they are saying absolutely NO REFUNDS. I was hoping to get refunds and all take off to Vegas but they have made that impossible. If this doesn't get fixed I will make it my life mission to discourage any one from ever using this company, can't believe they have no sympathy when this was completly out of my control....
Can they not give you a refund since it is not your fault the airline suspended the travel to Mexico. What company are you using. I would think they should be decent enough to allow you and your guests go to another location. I will keep my fingers, toes, body crossed for you girls!!!

Well Ladies! count me in as another member of the canceled wedding club! I too also found out while at work when i wasnt supposed to be checking my VM. i asked to go for lunch early and was on the phone for 2 hours with Yuritzia, my TA, FI & guests. we are so fortunate that we are able to book June 7th flight and Yuritzia has booked us for June 10th wedding, same time, same restaurant, poolside reception now we are just waiting on Claudia Rodriguez, alexandro zavala and DJ Bob to see if they are available for the new date WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!!!!! Also we have lost my FI sister and her husband and our 3 nieces who were our flower girls because future BIL is a doctor and a super paranoid one so he doesnt want to go and also because June is the start of hurricane season so he doesnt want to chance being in the carribean for that OMG! everyone else is able to go though so it could be worse, also it is not costing us any money at all to change dates. My heart goes out to all of you canceled wedding brides out there, lets stick together and keep each other posted. I will say that i will be F*cking pissed if they lift the stupid ban and resume flights after I have already changed my plans ooooohhhh someone will hear it from me! seriously that better NOT happen...OMG do you think it willhuh.gif??

oh god girls, i am so heartbroken for all of you sad.gif its so depressing reading all these threads. i can not even imagine how upset you all are. if there is anything i can do to help, please let me know! research, calls, emails, whatever you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette79 View Post
Well Ladies! count me in as another member of the canceled wedding club! I too also found out while at work when i wasnt supposed to be checking my VM. i asked to go for lunch early and was on the phone for 2 hours with Yuritzia, my TA, FI & guests. we are so fortunate that we are able to book June 7th flight and Yuritzia has booked us for June 10th wedding, same time, same restaurant, poolside reception now we are just waiting on Claudia Rodriguez, alexandro zavala and DJ Bob to see if they are available for the new date WHAT A NIGHTMARE !!!!!!! Also we have lost my FI sister and her husband and our 3 nieces who were our flower girls because future BIL is a doctor and a super paranoid one so he doesnt want to go and also because June is the start of hurricane season so he doesnt want to chance being in the carribean for that OMG! everyone else is able to go though so it could be worse, also it is not costing us any money at all to change dates. My heart goes out to all of you canceled wedding brides out there, lets stick together and keep each other posted. I will say that i will be F*cking pissed if they lift the stupid ban and resume flights after I have already changed my plans ooooohhhh someone will hear it from me! seriously that better NOT happen...OMG do you think it willhuh.gif??
that is great you were able to reschedule already!!! sorry some of your family will not be there but i am happy to hear things are working out. good luck to the rest of you girls i will be praying for ya!