Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

i really have my heart set on going to coba as i've been to tulum before. and of course ppl don't have to do the akumal part if they don't want as we're going to be coming back to the resort for lunch (save some $$).

still trying to work it out with cancunvista tours for just the transportation. Jananaz i'll let you know how it goes. i was really hoping to do the transportation with Sinal Tours but nobody seems to be responding to my emails and i can't even find any info on them on the internet anymore. but i have yet to try calling them with the number Morgan gave in her thread when she did a Coba/cenote tour for her group.

i was under the impression we don't get to rehearse. and i'm not doing a rehearsal dinner either. i'm trying to keep it as simple as possible and have minimum group activities. wedding and group excursion, that's it. although simple never seems to happen. lol

• VIP Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by calchik View Post
i really have my heart set on going to coba as i've been to tulum before. and of course ppl don't have to do the akumal part if they don't want as we're going to be coming back to the resort for lunch (save some $$).
If I'm not mistaken, it will be impossible for you guys to return to the resort for lunch on the same day you do the Coba trip. Coba is at least an hour drive from the resort (I think it's morehuh.gif) and then it's HUGE and a lot of walking. You won't return from Coba until late afternoon. Perhaps I'm mistakenhuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlewax15 View Post
Question here for people who have gotten married already.
We are trying to decide on what flavor we want the wedding cake to be.
What did you guys choose, was it good, would you have chosen a different flavor?
Is the 3 milk cake any good?
We got the three milk cake and we LOVED it. However, some of our guests had some at the END of the reception, and it had gotten not quite as good. But when it was first cut it was delicious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
Where are the collectivos? Are they buses? I was just down there and I did not see them. Where do they take you, how much do they cost each way per person, and how do they know to be there to take you back to the resort??
Collectivos are the Riviera Maya's transportation system. They are 15 passenger vans (some smaller) that drive from south of Tulum all the way up past PDC. They cost $2 per person each way and you simply tell them when you want to get off. They are located on the main highway. So if you go to the Hacienda and then out to the road, you'll see them. They are white buses with blue or green stripes on them. And they run constantly, so if you simply stand on the side of the road, they will stop for you.

yup as far as i know which is why it's my ruins of choice

well you girls have changed my mind. not doing the coba trip the day before the wedding and skipping the akumal beach/ bay part as well. pretty sure we collectivo to akumal if we wanted on some other day anyways. the cancunvista guy said it's only 15 mins from our resort

this will be much easier for my group excursion. but now the tour guy is gone until april 1 so i won't get my quote until then. i've already told him i want just transportation and no tour guide at all.

just over 5 weeks til i leave. woot!

the waiting is almost over

Quote:
Originally Posted by calchik View Post
yup as far as i know which is why it's my ruins of choice

well you girls have changed my mind. not doing the coba trip the day before the wedding and skipping the akumal beach/ bay part as well. pretty sure we collectivo to akumal if we wanted on some other day anyways. the cancunvista guy said it's only 15 mins from our resort

this will be much easier for my group excursion. but now the tour guy is gone until april 1 so i won't get my quote until then. i've already told him i want just transportation and no tour guide at all.

just over 5 weeks til i leave. woot!
the waiting is almost over
Akumal Beach is beautiful. I definitely recommend going there. Is super close to resort and an easy half day trip. We went in the morning, had a beer at the beach bar, looked in the shops and then headed back. We didn't stay at the beach because none of us wanted to drag along a change of clothes. Besides, our wristbands couldn't get us free drinks in Akumal! : )

If you plan on going to Akumal definitely rent (or bring your own) snorkel gear. The snorkelling is great (as long as it's not too windy) and you'll likely see lots of turtles. And then have lunch at Lucy's Tacos... yummmm! We took the collectivo to Akumal but then got a taxi for the ride back to the resort (we didn't feel like walking in our wet bathing suits).