Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• VIP Member

I chose Akumal and if I went back I'd choose it again. However, it tends to be the most expensive.

Tulum is the oldest of the three. Almost all the rooms are VERY close to the ocean, but i believe they are all standard rooms.

Akumal is the next oldest and it has a few rooms on the ocean, but most are Junior Suites.

Coba is the newest and is all suites, however it is NOT located on the beach. You have to take a tram or walk a good distance to get to the beach. However, because of this it tends to be cheaper.

Now, in regards to which one to stay at... you must get married at the locations offered for the resort you stay at. So, if you like the gazebo, you should stay at the Tulum section. Akumal has the hammock beach area (where i got married) and then Coba might get to choose between those? Not sure. But there are other locations as well, but those two are the most popular.

Does anyone know what the wedding site options are at each resort? It looks like the Tulum has the gazebo but the Akumal does not. Is that right? What are the options? I have stayed at the Coba and loved it, but it is rather far from the beach. I’m filling in the availability request form and I need to specify which of the 3 I am staying at. I want to get it in ASAP!! Excited :)

I also selected the Akumal because we loved the beach location they almost forced us to get married at the gazebo bc they had a bigger wedding but we ended up changing our time to get married at the the location we wanted. We stayed at the Akumal and liked it but 2 of our guests stayed at the Tulum and they seemed to have more going on at night.

Our guests loved Tulum because it was so close to the beach. We stayed at Coba (were tempted by the "upgrade" they offered on arrival) and it was pretty far to the beach and to our guests. Tulum was definitely more rockin' at night (at least until 11 when the lobby bar closed!). At Tulum we had the choice of getting married at the gazebo or right on the beach, framed by 2 palapas. This beach location is beside the gazebo, but not close enough to get it in your photos. We were very happy with the location we chose! It was perfect for our casual barefoot ceremony.

No, you can't... Only if you stay at Tulum. The only reason we were at Coba was because we took an upgrade. (They were overbooked at Tulum, so were trying to get people to voluntarily move over to Coba - they offered things like complimentary tickets to the show at the Hacienda, free use of the safe, stuff like that...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle77 View Post
Does anybody know if a new price list has been released or 2010 yet? I haven't been able to find prices. Thanks!!
Yes here they are:

CIVIL WEDDINGS PACKAGES
(November 1st 2009 – October 31st 2010)

SUNSHINE

All legal fees for judge, marriage license and certificate.
Wedding certificate Apostilled by Mexican Government will be sent to your country with private courier aprox. 3 months after the wedding date.
Marriage ceremony with music from CD (clients can bring their own music if desired, 4 songs are suggested).
Decoration of the location; the wedding location will be assigned after arrival.
Bridal Bouquet and buttonhole for the Groom.
Celebration with 2 bottles of sparkling wine.
Dinner in one of our restaurants with set menu (consult menus) and traditional wedding cake, instead of regular dessert.
Wedding dinner will count as one of the specialty restaurants dinner per stay. (Dress code required).
Upgrade for the Bride & Groom upon availability.
Room Amenities
Transfer to wedding location for the bride.
Upon arrival local sparkling wine will be served in the room.
Turn down service.
Prices may vary, depending on tax variation, fees…
Other additional personalized options are available (Ask Wedding Coordinator for current options and prices).
Wedding organizer.
TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 1,490.00 USD

BLISSFULL LOVE

Wedding certificate Apostilled by Mexican Government will be sent to your country with private courier aprox. 3 months after the wedding date.
Marriage ceremony with music from CD (clients can bring their own music if desired).
Decoration of the location; the wedding location will be assigned after arrival.
Bridal Bouquet and buttonhole for the Groom.
Celebration with 2 bottles of “Cava Cordón Negro Freixenetâ€.
Dinner in one of our restaurants with set menu (consult menus) and traditional wedding cake, instead of regular dessert.
Wedding dinner will count as one of the specialty restaurants dinner per stay. (Dress code required).
Floral arrangement on the bridal table
Upgraded room for the bride & Groom upon availability.
Room Amenities.
5 Pictures of the wedding. (printed 8 x 10)
Upon arrival local sparkling wine will be served in the room.
Turn down service
Sweets
Other additional personalized options are available (Ask Wedding Coordinator for current options and prices).
Wedding organizer
TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 1,695.00 USD

UNFORGETTABLE

Marriage ceremony with music from CD (clients can bring their own music if desired).
Floral Bouquet for the Bride (to be chosen between various options) & Buttonhole for the Groom.
Celebration with 2 bottles of Möet Chandon champagne.
Floral arrangement on Bridal table.
Upgrade for the couple upon availability.
Room Amenities.
10 Pictures of the wedding. ( printed 8x10)
2 SPA Relaxation circuits (check the availability).
Sweets
Special Hydro massage in bath.
Turn down service.
Special breakfast “Day after wedding†will be served in the room.
Upon arrival Freixenet champagne will be served in the room
Wedding organizer.

TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 1,990.00 USD

SYMBOLIC CEREMONY

STANDARD PACKAGE

Fees for the symbolic ceremony and the minister (not catholic). (In Mexico religion and state are separated, this ceremony does not have legal value, is only a blessing or a renewal of vows, in this case the couple does not have to bring any legal documentation)
Marriage ceremony with music from CD (clients can bring their own music)
Decorated location; wedding location will be assigned upon arrival.
Dinner at one of the specialty restaurants:
oA la carte - if the wedding party is less than 15 people
oSet menu – wedding groups bigger than 15 people
It will count as one of the dinners allowed to during their stay for the rest of the wedding party, dress code required.
Free upgrade for the wedding couple (upon availability)
Special fruit basquet in room upon arrival
Room special decoration on wedding day
Special amenities in the room.
Professional services of a wedding coordinator.

TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 820.00 USD

DELUXE PACKAGE

Fees for the religious ceremony and the minister. (In Mexico religion and state are separated, this ceremony does not have legal value, is only a blessing or a renewal of vows, in this case the couple does not have to bring any legal documentation)
Marriage ceremony with music from CD (clients can bring their own music, 4 songs are suggested).
Decorated location; the wedding location will be assigned after arrival.
Floral bouquet for the bride and buttonhole for the groom.
Wedding cake and 3 bottles of domestic sparkling wine.
For the rest of the wedding party, it will count as one of the dinners allowed to have according to their stay Dress code required. Please be punctual
Flower arrangement on the table of the judge and marrying couple.
Free upgrade upon availability.
Club Car for brideâ€s transportation to wedding location
Professional services of a wedding coordinator

TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 1,160.00 USD

REMEMBER PACKAGE (RENEWAL OF VOWS)

Bridal bouquet (to choose between various option) & buttonhole for the groom.
Dinner in one of our restaurants with set menu (consult menus) and traditional wedding cake. If you instead wish to choose a dessert from our menu rather than the traditional wedding cake, you may choose between: Raspberry cake, Chocolate cake, Coconut cake or Coffee with white chocolate cake.
Upgrade in-room Amenities.
Upon arrival local sparking wine will be served in the room.
Turn down service.
5 pictures of the vow renewal.
Price may vary, depending on tax variation, fees…
This is an “all including†offer.
Other additional personalized options are available (Ask Wedding Coordinator for current options and prices)
Wedding organizer.

TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 880.00 USD

MAYAN BLESSING

MAYAN CEREMONY PACKAGE

Fees for the religious Mayan officer “Shamanâ€. (In Mexico religion and state are separated, this ceremony does not have legal value)

………….It is a traditional cultural ceremony where ancient Mayan blessed love of wedding couples in harmony of nature and with the authorization of the Gods, the 4 elements and the 7 spiritual directions, the smoke of copal cleans all souls and allows an eternal blessing of love, with the sound of the sea shells and the colors of the flowers……. in this case the couple does not have to bring any legal documentation

Marriage ceremony with music of drums and sea shells partly performed in Mayan language and translated into English.
Decorated location; wedding location will be assigned upon arrival.
It will count as one of the dinners allowed to during their stay for the rest of the wedding party, dress code required.
Free upgrade for the wedding couple (upon availability)
Club Car for brideâ€s transportation to wedding location
Professional services of a wedding coordinator.

TOTAL PRICE (taxes included): 900.00

Has anyone booked their package with Coba?

If so, what options did you have as far as the location of the wedding? Could you choose any wedding spot within the whole hotel complex? What about restaurants? If staying at Coba, could you have your wedding dinner at Gran Torguga or Tequila?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica_Bellerive View Post
So if you stay at the Coba you can use the Gaxebo?? Thanks for the info everyone. I have to talk to my cousin who is also getting married that week to make a decision.
We were offered the use of the gazebo and we stayed at Coba. We chose the palapas next to the gazebo. You can see the beach in a lot of our pictures. And then we went straight down to the beach to get photos taken. I think it depends on how many weddings there are that day and who booked first.